Monster Hunter
31 posts

Re: The "No Need to Nerf" Thread.

Jul 5, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

After extensive talks with the weapons designer, I can safely say that he would rather buff weapons that need improvements  than nerf stronger weapons. That being said, he is very happy with the weapons and won't be making any dramatic changes. I approve this thread.

Why instead of tweaking nonsense, tweak sense into nonsense because 1 weapon is above others. The semi auto isn't used the most because it looks the best y'know. All the other guns have positive and negative things, the semi auto doesn't have a negative side. 

If there should be any tweaking, add in 1 extra bullet to kill with the semi (, all the others are fine). The slower time to kill makes up for the fact that this weapon excels at everything.

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 273 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2583 posts

Jul 5, 2013

You know what the Semi-Auto reminds me of?

The Fal-SS's deadliness with the usability of the G-MAL.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 273 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Jul 5, 2013
The silenced semi-auto is the best starting long gun. So much so that I took off my purchasable assault rifle. Upgrading the semi-auto is money well spent.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 273 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15539 posts

Jul 5, 2013

TOEDOLS wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

After extensive talks with the weapons designer, I can safely say that he would rather buff weapons that need improvements  than nerf stronger weapons. That being said, he is very happy with the weapons and won't be making any dramatic changes. I approve this thread.

Why instead of tweaking nonsense, tweak sense into nonsense because 1 weapon is above others. The semi auto isn't used the most because it looks the best y'know. All the other guns have positive and negative things, the semi auto doesn't have a negative side. 

If there should be any tweaking, add in 1 extra bullet to kill with the semi (, all the others are fine). The slower time to kill makes up for the fact that this weapon excels at everything.

They increased the bullets to kill for the UNC3 FAL from 4 to 5, a 25% increase.  That completely ruined the gun as a viable force.

You're proposing a 3 shots to 4 to kill, a 33% increase... see the danger here?

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 273 (273 Views)
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Jul 5, 2013

The semi-auto is fine. It acts about the same as the revolver, with it having slightly more range. The semi-auto is a good all-purpose gun that has a tendency to run through ammo fast. It is average at everything and excels in nothing, a jack-of-all trades type of gun.

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 273 (265 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jul 5, 2013

scootgar wrote:

TOEDOLS wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

They increased the bullets to kill for the UNC3 FAL from 4 to 5, a 25% increase.  That completely ruined the gun as a viable force.

You're proposing a 3 shots to 4 to kill, a 33% increase... see the danger here?

I don't see any danger here to be honest. Like I said in my previous post, the semi doesnt have any drawback, unlike the FAL (= blindfire).Blindfire doesn't exist in here so we can cross that one off.

It should be no more then logical to trade off kill speed for the way this gun works, which is killing any enemy from a close to large distance, possibility to down a lot of enemys in 1 clip and being the most easiest weapon to fire.

Every weapon has its trade off, why not the semi? Increasing it with 1 bullet means it wont be the fastest weapon to down someone with.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 273 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Jul 5, 2013

No nerfs please and thank you, The game is amazing :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 273 (249 Views)
Sackboy
572 posts

Jul 5, 2013
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 273 (244 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3215 posts

Jul 5, 2013
Semi-auto is NOT fine and does require a nerf. However lowering its damage would break the gun. Simply lower its rate-of-fire slightly and decrease its magazine size a couple shots. Boom, fixed.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 273 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Jul 5, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

If you are a fan of the game as is and do not want things nerfed. Just maybe some new modes and options. Maybe matchmakcing recommendations, but leave the weapons alone.

Agreed

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 273 (220 Views)
0 Likes