Apr 10 2014
By: INCANGENERAL Fender Bender 3565 posts

The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

30 replies 625 views Edited Apr 10, 2014
I know everyone is hype off the announcement that the ps4 remastered version will be coming out.

However let me start off by saying this game is my favorite game hands down in close 5 years. I've never went on forums to talk about a video game. This game is just that great of a game in my opinion to warrant it . I have stuck around even after they have nerfed weapons and perks for the most part I think most of the "balancing" has not affected the gameplay in such a bad way that I could tolerate, accept and maybe even embrace some changes.

However here is how they've let this game die off more than I would like .

1.) A new dlc mp mappack took 4+ months to come out . That's a long time for a video game that was receiving high praise.

2.) A second dlc mappack still has not come out and it's been 10 months since the game came out and likely the map pack will take a minimum of 11 months to come out, perhaps even 12 months .

3.)Even the Sp short yes short dlc came out after 8 months of the game being out.

4.)The advertising for this game has almost been non existent , while I do concur that word of mouth is a great cost effective and great method of generating buzz as well as accolades from the gaming industry some advertising would've went a long way .

5.) New weapons are non existent 11+ months to wait for new weapons is too long considering not many weapons were released with the game as it is.

I'm fine with the amount of modes that this game has 3 I think the interrogation mode coming out 2.5 months after release is fine . Even waiting 4 months for the first mp dlc to drop was acceptable in my eyes . However 8 months for a Sp dlc and now 11 + months for the second and final mp dlc is just way too long a time for a game . Especially considering how long most video games stay in rotation for most consumers. Ideally I think the first mp dlc should've dropped after 3 months then the Sp dlc maybe after 5 months and the 2nd mp dlc with new weapons 7-9 mos max. Also spending some, not a plethora of money on a game that is worth advertising for to keep the community going I feel would've been a wise decision. I know there are cult fans who know about this great game but more should be up on how awesome a game this is . Just one man's opinion , let me know if you concur or not.
Message 1 of 31 (625 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1296 posts

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 10, 2014

Hope they advertise the multiplayer for PS4. If they don't all this might repeat again. 

Message 2 of 31 (619 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 10, 2014

That's what I don't like about Sony: they don't hype the **bleep** out of their MP games.

Just look at Microsoft/Titanfall... even Todd Stashwick (google him) bought an Xbone for that. Would he buy a PS3 for TLOU MP? I doubt it.

Message 3 of 31 (606 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Apr 10, 2014
TitanFall got a lot of so so reviews from the game reviewers I usually pay attention to. Its on the less desire able next gen console only. And its just not that deep at launch for a MP-first online game. But its been TV and YouTube hyped for months. So I'm sure it sold really well. ND should pay attention. Buy some you tubers like the big boys do and get more people on their MPs.
Message 4 of 31 (594 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Apr 10, 2014
I Blame Scarcity
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 5 of 31 (585 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6974 posts

Apr 10, 2014

while updates and tweaks are accepted and encouraged in most games, they honestly aren't the main reason a game should live or die. And new weapons coming in don't sound like a good thing to be honest, I'm more worried than excited about that...

Advertising was a problem yes, most of us finding out about MP only days before release and plenty of others never even knowing about it, though I never saw it as a problem, everytime I go on and play, I find others to play with no problem; so I'm happy enough. Doesn't matter if 5000 other people are playing while I am or 5,000,000 to be honest, as long as I can find a game and the updates don't break the game, I'll be happy.

again with this new new new, needs constant updates or I'll quit, It's been out for 5 seconds and didn't get 1/10 DLC packs it fails, it needs this, needs that, I WANT this or THAT or I'll deem it a bad game and move on!

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 6 of 31 (581 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

Advertising was a problem yes, most of us finding out about MP only days before release and plenty of others never even knowing about it, though I never saw it as a problem, everytime I go on and play, I find others to play with no problem; so I'm happy enough. Doesn't matter if 5000 other people are playing while I am or 5,000,000 to be honest, as long as I can find a game and the updates don't break the game, I'll be happy.

Not really. 5 million players = more chances to find players in your region (5 bars).

This "I can find a game quickly" argument won't do us any favors lag-wise.

My friends say that you can find a game in KZ-SF in less than 30 seconds. Does that mean that they will find lag-free opponents? Unfortunately not.

ps: I have a suspicion that NA experienced a lot of lag during the previous generation, because most people bought an XBOX360. Hopefully it won't be the case with the PS4. This is why we need a big healthy pool.

Message 7 of 31 (569 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6974 posts

Apr 10, 2014

well I rarely run into laggy players, so I don't find that as a problem. sure I will find a game or 2 every now and then, but I've experienced that in every mp game i've ever played

Message 8 of 31 (541 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

Lucky you. I miss 1.06.123 and I know I'm not the only one.

Message 9 of 31 (537 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
6974 posts

Apr 10, 2014

i love lag

Message 10 of 31 (470 Views)