Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9059 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 11, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
If you want to really see a developer truly letting their game die, go watch Sony Santa Monica with Playstation All Stars

They just released a major patch days ago. 

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 21 of 31 (215 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/06/2013
Online
1819 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 15, 2014

nol-Silhouettescentury above -l wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:


Advertising was a problem yes, most of us finding out about MP only days before release and plenty of others never even knowing about it, though I never saw it as a problem, everytime I go on and play, I find others to play with no problem; so I'm happy enough. Doesn't matter if 5000 other people are playing while I am or 5,000,000 to be honest, as long as I can find a game and the updates don't break the game, I'll be happy.


Not really. 5 million players = more chances to find players in your region (5 bars).


This "I can find a game quickly" argument won't do us any favors lag-wise.


My friends say that you can find a game in KZ-SF in less than 30 seconds. Does that mean that they will find lag-free opponents? Unfortunately not.

 

ps: I have a suspicion that NA experienced a lot of lag during the previous generation, because most people bought an XBOX360. Hopefully it won't be the case with the PS4. This is why we need a big healthy pool.


I agree with the above. Also curious sanddude if you play dlc maps? Because lag is rampant there at certain times of the day and a large healthy pool could greatly have helped with that . 

Message 22 of 31 (144 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
960 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

Is ND even gonna use delicate servers for PS4, I seriously doubt.

 

And I felt kind of cheated that they spent a lot working on Remastered Version a.k.a PS4 version that PS3 MP players were made to do with the bare minimum that they dished out. :smileyfrustrated:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos


Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 23 of 31 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6008 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 16, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:

nol-Silhouettescentury above -l wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:


Advertising was a problem yes, most of us finding out about MP only days before release and plenty of others never even knowing about it, though I never saw it as a problem, everytime I go on and play, I find others to play with no problem; so I'm happy enough. Doesn't matter if 5000 other people are playing while I am or 5,000,000 to be honest, as long as I can find a game and the updates don't break the game, I'll be happy.


Not really. 5 million players = more chances to find players in your region (5 bars).


This "I can find a game quickly" argument won't do us any favors lag-wise.


My friends say that you can find a game in KZ-SF in less than 30 seconds. Does that mean that they will find lag-free opponents? Unfortunately not.

 

ps: I have a suspicion that NA experienced a lot of lag during the previous generation, because most people bought an XBOX360. Hopefully it won't be the case with the PS4. This is why we need a big healthy pool.


I agree with the above. Also curious sanddude if you play dlc maps? Because lag is rampant there at certain times of the day and a large healthy pool could greatly have helped with that . 


from time to time I do. I won't lie and say I don't run into lag, but that is usually only 1-2 games entirely in 1 sitting of me playing whether solo or in a party. Though I haven't run into black screen or freezes lately and I can suck it up as far as the odd laggy player goes since I know not everybody's connections are perfect. I don't have constant laggy games is all, like a lot of people on here seem to be making it out to be such a case.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 24 of 31 (97 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 16, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

INCANGENERAL wrote:

nol-Silhouettescentury above -l wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:


Advertising was a problem yes, most of us finding out about MP only days before release and plenty of others never even knowing about it, though I never saw it as a problem, everytime I go on and play, I find others to play with no problem; so I'm happy enough. Doesn't matter if 5000 other people are playing while I am or 5,000,000 to be honest, as long as I can find a game and the updates don't break the game, I'll be happy.


Not really. 5 million players = more chances to find players in your region (5 bars).


This "I can find a game quickly" argument won't do us any favors lag-wise.


My friends say that you can find a game in KZ-SF in less than 30 seconds. Does that mean that they will find lag-free opponents? Unfortunately not.

 

ps: I have a suspicion that NA experienced a lot of lag during the previous generation, because most people bought an XBOX360. Hopefully it won't be the case with the PS4. This is why we need a big healthy pool.


I agree with the above. Also curious sanddude if you play dlc maps? Because lag is rampant there at certain times of the day and a large healthy pool could greatly have helped with that . 


from time to time I do. I won't lie and say I don't run into lag, but that is usually only 1-2 games entirely in 1 sitting of me playing whether solo or in a party. Though I haven't run into black screen or freezes lately and I can suck it up as far as the odd laggy player goes since I know not everybody's connections are perfect. I don't have constant laggy games is all, like a lot of people on here seem to be making it out to be such a case.


You should play more often in the DLC pool...

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 25 of 31 (88 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
6008 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 16, 2014

I do play in them, don't see the problem. I do switch pools from time to time though, seeing as the other maps tend to get picked much less in the DLC pools and I wanna play those as well, I just don't stay consistently in the DLC pool. Shouldn't affect too much how often I run into laggy players.

 photo Sniper.png
Message 26 of 31 (81 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 16, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

I do play in them, don't see the problem. I do switch pools from time to time though, seeing as the other maps tend to get picked much less in the DLC pools and I wanna play those as well, I just don't stay consistently in the DLC pool. Shouldn't affect too much how often I run into laggy players.


Some people play exclusively in the DLC pool and as you've said already, you're not one of them.

So yeah, it affects the chances to experience laggy matches more often.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 27 of 31 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/26/2014
Offline
2812 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 16, 2014

Anyway, most players who play in the DLC pool will migrate to their PS4s in about 2 months.

 

Chances are that PS3-only players will suffer lag-wise, unless a miracle happens (TLOU PS3 free on PS+, free DLC maps, TLOU F2P, cross-platform MP)...

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 28 of 31 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9059 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 16, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Anyway, most players who play in the DLC pool will migrate to their PS4s in about 2 months.

 

Chances are that PS3-only players will suffer lag-wise, unless a miracle happens (TLOU PS3 free on PS+, free DLC maps, TLOU F2P, cross-platform MP)...


Funny, I just brought home my PS4 last night

 

It's staying in its box till TLoU comes out :smileyvery-happy:

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 29 of 31 (67 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/20/2013
Offline
960 posts
 

Re: The reasons i feel naughty dog has almost let this game die

Apr 17, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Anyway, most players who play in the DLC pool will migrate to their PS4s in about 2 months.

 

Chances are that PS3-only players will suffer lag-wise, unless a miracle happens (TLOU PS3 free on PS+, free DLC maps, TLOU F2P, cross-platform MP)...


Funny, I just brought home my PS4 last night

 

It's staying in its box till TLoU comes out :smileyvery-happy:


AKyemeni, I thought I'm the only person who bought PS4 and it's still in the box. ROFL. :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah, I'll most probably unbox when it's closer to Watch Dogs release date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos


Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 30 of 31 (37 Views)
Reply
0 Likes