Sep 26 2013
By: UGA-Zenku First Son 17 posts

There needs to be a better counter to some skills

12 replies 285 views Edited Sep 26, 2013

In The Last of us Multilayer, generally every skill has something to counter it. Those that only benefit your team cost a lot of points when equipped to the highest rank, Crafter, First Aid Training Reviver, collector and general equipping 1 takes away from being an assaulting based class to a more support based. But there are just some Assault based skills that either have no counter, or have one that's never used.

Brawler. This skill might be one of the most used skills in the game, other than Covert Training.  

At rank 1 it costs 1 point and gives 2 total hits for a Modded 2x4, which is already the best craftable you can make (and 3 for the Machete, which is rarely used outside of box drop). But for 2 extra points, you gain health for Melee and Special executions.  A counter to this could be a new Survival Skill that allows you Counter Melee weapon strikes, much like the single player for maybe 3-5 points (so it isn't in every layout)

Of course, maybe one of the most used skills is Covert Training. There only 2 counters I see to this is Strategist 2 and The Sound waves they still make in Listen. In my Opinion, I think Sharp Ears 2 should give the benefit of Hearing past Covert 2 and 3 while they are moving, BUT NOT while being still in a crouch. This way, Listen Mode is given back its importance in strategic uses other than the rare person who jobs or locating a bomb and Sharp Ears is given some nice attention as well. Just to clarify, In no way am I encouraging any Nerfs, I mearly believe something Should be enhanced so that the less used skills are help in more situations. Tell me what you think about my ideas and comment away

Message 1 of 13 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Re: There needs to be a better counter to some skills

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

At rank 1 Brawler costs 2 load out points not 1. A counter to Brawler 2 is the flamethrower. I did not realise CT2 users can show up in listen mode via sound waves when crouch walking. Whats the point of using CT2 then if people can still see where you are?

Message 2 of 13 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Thanks for the correction to Brawler. The Flame Thrower is still under used and rarely capitalized. the Sound waves are VERY Suttle, and are hard to see if team mate outlines are in your way or building outlines. But if you have the eyes for it, you can see the Sound waves of enemies hitting the floor, or firing a silenced weapon.
Message 3 of 13 (267 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

NP Smiley Happy The flamethrower is a counter to Brawler 2. If people choose to not use the flamethrower then thats up to them but theres already a counter to Brawler 2. You said you want a perk to counter it. A perk that will probably cost more than 2 load out points when you have got a perfectly good counter already and only costs 2 load out points. Or even the playing field by using Brawler 2 yourself then to get a edge on them equip the shorty, shoot it before you both start brawling then punch them.

Message 4 of 13 (263 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Suppose your right, I'd still like Sharp Ears 2 to hear past Covert Training, probably never used perk due to Listen mode being ineffective against Covert Training
Message 5 of 13 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Sep 26, 2013
You can stop the melee animation by simply shooting at him.
Message 6 of 13 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2013

Have ago with my suggestions and it'll help you deal with those players Smiley Happy If you dont like the flamethrower then the shotgun is a good counter to Brawler 2 too. Btw Lord is correct. Best guns for that is the Burst Rifle and 9mm because they can cause a swing delay from the 2x4.

Message 7 of 13 (254 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 26, 2013

I use the flame thrower alot and its 50-50 but its generally effective (Given then dont lag), as for Shooting, it doesnt stop the animation, the Damage wobble mearly stuns them for a second, so unless your quick enough and have a gun that can shoot fast enough, those Scissors are findng their home in your neck.

Message 8 of 13 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6889 posts

Sep 26, 2013

UGA-Zenku wrote:

I use the flame thrower alot and its 50-50 but its generally effective (Given then dont lag), as for Shooting, it doesnt stop the animation, the Damage wobble mearly stuns them for a second, so unless your quick enough and have a gun that can shoot fast enough, those Scissors are findng their home in your neck.

in other words the burst and 9mm.

Maybe the SAR if it's upgraded.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 13 (245 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Sep 26, 2013
The 9mm is usually the one that gets the job done if the person knows the delay fire trick. The delay of the burst rifle at any rank but 2 (rank 1 if your lucky) is too slow to truly stun the guy and the SAR can do it with the Delay fire trick as well at rank 1 or 2
Message 10 of 13 (243 Views)
0 Likes