Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: There's a KDR leaderboard

Jun 16, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
Leaderboards are fine if they're based on the tactics that matter in the game, and encourage people to play in a teamwork-style.

Individual kills are an irrelevant stat in a game like this, and will encourage certain players to play selfishly.

I agree with you. I think developers keep adding kdr into games because they are afraid of whiners wanting them so bad to show off. I rarely see multiplayer games without a kdr stat. Even if it's a very unimportant stat.

TLOU Ellie Signature photo Snowysignature2_zps1e7a159e.png
Message 71 of 82 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Oh no, now each player can see exactly how much he directly contributed to the team objective of getting 20 kills! Shame on you Naughty Dog! Don't you know that negative KD scrubs win all the games? 

Message 72 of 82 (177 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Jul 6, 2013
If you're afraid of the people that won't be helpful to the team, find a group of friends to play with. It helps a lot on team-based games like this game.
Message 73 of 82 (165 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jul 7, 2013

Shoud've had a system similar to Battlelog in Battlefield. Track EVERYTHING, revives,  heals, gifting, etc. I wish it was more Score per Minute/ Supplies - Downs - Kills - Revives - Deaths

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 74 of 82 (142 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Jul 10, 2013

To be honest.... My shooting skills are lacking.  I get more downs by setting traps, using molotovs/bombs and the nail stick.  I use a burst rifle more as a go away noise maker.  So I contribute with healing, revives, crafting, spotting and watching the sides and rear.  I think stats for that are pretty valuable too.

Message 75 of 82 (128 Views)
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jul 10, 2013

What I hate is people that drop what they're doing and ignore their surroundings so they can run over or stop and pop your down. If I see someone close to an enemy and they've downed him then I let them finish 'em off UNLESS we are both in immediate danger from another enemy and/or the enemy is about to crawl behind cover while my teammate doesn't have a clear line of sight or is reloading. That kind of crap is a serious problem in games like this. Kills being tracks is just another reason why sh...stuff like that happens.

Photobucket
Message 76 of 82 (99 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

Jul 10, 2013
It's the only thing that keeps this game really active.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 77 of 82 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Who cares? Sorry everybody but who cares? Idk about you but this doesnt change how I play because playing as a good team member = high KD.... With the game modes we have atm high kd pretty much means high win/loss... So who cares :smileyvery-happy:

calcunnon wrote:
Good job on implementing a leaderboard for individual kills and deaths in a game that's supposed to be promoting team tactics, ND. Now the KDR stat kids will be too busy trying to boost their stats instead of reviving teammates and sacrificing themselves for the good of the team.

Great work!
Message 78 of 82 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 11, 2013

BigLebowski2000 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:
Leaderboards are fine if they're based on the tactics that matter in the game, and encourage people to play in a teamwork-style.

Individual kills are an irrelevant stat in a game like this, and will encourage certain players to play selfishly.

I agree with you. I think developers keep adding kdr into games because they are afraid of whiners wanting them so bad to show off. I rarely see multiplayer games without a kdr stat. Even if it's a very unimportant stat.

completely disagree! Kills are everything in this game with these two game modes... I would like maybe average heals per game, marks etc to be in leaderboard. but KDR is most important, if your KDR is low you are not a great team player in most cases sorry.... Good team players earn parts for marks, revives and heals.... parts are used to purchase ammo and armour enhancing your chance of survival and having a high KD.
Message 79 of 82 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Simple solution add WIN /LOSS leaderboard.... If thats not enough: For those with negative win/loss highlight names red on leaderboard, so we can brag about how much they suck! orange for a 1-2 W/L Green for 2+ W/L HECK DO SAME FOR KDR So what we want is double green players :smileyhappy: (I just wanna see the size of my W/L **bleep** take a picture of it and use it in my job application and dating profile......) Simple solution
Message 80 of 82 (64 Views)
0 Likes