Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 03 2013
By: Ez_Bacardi_151 First Son 1 posts

These Last Of Us Mutiplayer cheating issue

[ Edited ]
22 replies 3394 views Edited Sep 3, 2013

I am a big fan of NAUGHTY DOG work and love the story of The Last Of Us. I never do rage quit games but recently I've seen cheaters on multiplayer on integration somewhere down the line you are required to do certain challenges which mean you play your best unlucky for me the challenge effects the amount of survivors which made me quite angry. Now unlike ps3 xbox360 is easy to report cheaters. IM gonna be straight forward if you play ps3 the last of us and see this gamer tag [edited by EvangM, please do not blacklist specific PSN accounts] don't play he can't be killed on the multiplayer my whole team shot at him and he didn't go down. I'd really love it if someone look into that account because if its not checked alot of people are gonna find out the hard way and productivity online may drop especially since the game has not been out long.

Message 1 of 23 (3,394 Views)
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: These Last Of Us Mutiplayer cheating issue

Sep 3, 2013

Ez_Bacardi_151 wrote:

I am a big fan of NAUGHTY DOG work and love the story of The Last Of Us. I never do rage quit games but recently I've seen cheaters on multiplayer on integration somewhere down the line you are required to do certain challenges which mean you play your best unlucky for me the challenge effects the amount of survivors which made me quite angry. Now unlike ps3 xbox360 is easy to report cheaters. IM gonna be straight forward if you play ps3 the last of us and see this gamer tag (roni10fcb) don't play he can't be killed on the multiplayer my whole team shot at him and he didn't go down. I'd really love it if someone look into that account because if its not checked alot of people are gonna find out the hard way and productivity online may drop especially since the game has not been out long.

Yeah, right. :smileyindifferent:

What you're doing is called blacklisting. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 2 of 23 (3,377 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Sep 3, 2013
I'm not sure... But isn't Blacklisting not allowed on the forums...

I know you're upset about thischeater/ hacker guy, but there are other ways if going about this. For example, send a Private Message to a Naughty Dog staff member to deal with the said cheater or instead of directly blaming some one, try an indirect aproach like post what the cheater was doing instead of using his/ her name.

By the way, it was probably just lag.
Message 3 of 23 (3,374 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Blacklisting someone openly by stating their PSN ID/Gamertag actually gives people a feeling that you're worse and not better if the said player is REALLy a hacker. And if he is not, than you are a maligner.

Video evidence on youtube is a better way by showing everyone what he did and let people judge for themselves. But don't openly call people out. :smileywink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 4 of 23 (3,350 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Sep 3, 2013
Blacklisting is totally fine in my book. Too bad ND has strict rules against it.

As a common online player, there is nothing much you can do with a PSNid. Except avoid them if you see them. Send them hate mail. And block them from messaging you. It's really harmless to blacklist in my opinion. But rules are rules I guess.

Feel free to send me PMs blacklisting anyone you feel has wronged you.
Message 5 of 23 (3,313 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3641 posts

Sep 3, 2013
Let's stop assuming everyone has capture equipment and is recording all the time. With cinema mode on U3 anyone could show the actual offense. Now that is not the case. I would guess that less that 2% of online gamers have recording equipment and I would bet less than 25% of those people are actually recording at any given time.

This is why I personally approve of blacklisting.
Message 6 of 23 (3,309 Views)
Naughty Host
9058 posts

Sep 3, 2013
It's not ND's. It's for all forums.

Dammit ND! Gimme my Cinema Mode!

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 7 of 23 (3,301 Views)
Big Daddy
16323 posts

Sep 3, 2013
So I could just start making Alts and saying anything I want about you, youd be fine with that?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 8 of 23 (3,298 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Sep 3, 2013
Man I've been playing since the release and still haven't seen a hacker. Me lucky :smileywink:
Message 9 of 23 (3,294 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13533 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:
Let's stop assuming everyone has capture equipment and is recording all the time. With cinema mode on U3 anyone could show the actual offense. Now that is not the case. I would guess that less that 2% of online gamers have recording equipment and I would bet less than 25% of those people are actually recording at any given time.

This is why I personally approve of blacklisting.

I have capture equipment but I'm certainly not recording every match. It's not even set up. 720P on component cable isn't as pretty as 720P on HDMI..

So I'm going to take the pretty alternative when I'm not recording.

It's near impossible to cacth cheaters in this game so to be fair due to the lack of proof we can provide it will make more people cheat and feel they can get away with it.

Maybe I'm crazy.. But I believe the OP. If we at least had cinema mode we could ask to see the cinema file. I'd do more than blacklist him if it was true in that case I'd even youtube him.

Message 10 of 23 (3,293 Views)