Sep 24 2013
By: fadecy Lombax Warrior 97 posts

This Game is Fantastically Designed

7 replies 248 views Edited Sep 24, 2013

There seems to often be a lot of negativity in this forum about weapons/nerfs etc.

So I just wanted to make a thread dedicated to things that this game does well. Which I think is a lot of things.

It's so well designed for online play. The way it encourages people to work together without the need to even talk.
Yes mics help but it's amazing how far mutual understanding can get you in this game. The marking system is obviously one of the pillars of this but also the ability to not even have to kill to help your team. it allows you to personalise the way you play. Unlike something like COD which forces you to kill to contribute to your team.

The game just feels very purposefully built. Kind of like a fighting game. There's no fluff.
Almost all of the weapons and perks have a reason to be there and a use (apart from the pistol aim perks and the machete, currently)

So tell me guys. What do you like most about this game and the way it is designed?

Message 1 of 8 (248 Views)
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Re: This Game is Fantastically Designed

Sep 24, 2013
Great post friend, i have played nearly every Crock Of Duty game and none of those silly run and gun, wow killstreak, look at my scorecard games could ever hold a candle to the way this multiplayer is presented.

The people behind the design in balancing the game did a great job. Im hooked and others are hooked; job well done.

My favorite part about multiplayer, health kits.

Finally a game where you actually need to heal yourself and others.

Being able to stand still and regenerate health is the single dumbest thing i have ever seen in an online game. (See Crock of Duty). I hope every 12 year old out there who plays those garbage games thinks he can regenerate health in the battlefield when we finally put troops on the ground in Iran. Idiots.

Whoever put regenerative health in online games needs to be nerd slapped.
Message 2 of 8 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Yeah the health system is done really well.

Healing isn't that difficult but that fact that it makes you defenceless while you heal is what makes it balanced.

It stops camping a bit as well because if you're camping with a sniper and you get shot a couple of times you're going to have to go and get a health kit or craft one. You can't just sit there and heal.

I still think camping is a bit of an issue though. You get some games where both teams just defend because it's advantagous to be defensive with Covert training.

Message 3 of 8 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Sep 24, 2013

Indeed, I think about multiplayer like a 'paintball simulator', where they are real people and not sponge-bullets-puppets. Also the shiv interrogation from the front in the smokebomb it's OUTSTANDING.

Message 4 of 8 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
200 posts

Sep 24, 2013
Haha love shiv interrogations

Unfortunately interrogation mode is built around defense and camping. You actually get well rewarded for camping the lockbox
Message 5 of 8 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4068 posts

Sep 25, 2013
@A_Nerd_Slapper Parts reward for defending, yes. But if you want to WIN in interrogation mode, you'll attack and keep the pressure on.
Message 6 of 8 (143 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Sep 25, 2013

I'd say TLoU MP is a good game that never got the support it needed for it to truly be great. Parts of it feel rushed, while others work brilliantly. Wish ND gave it the attention it deserved

Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Sep 25, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

I'd say TLoU MP is a good game that never got the support it needed for it to truly be great. Parts of it feel rushed, while others work brilliantly. Wish ND gave it the attention it deserved

^ well said!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 8 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes