Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Re: This game needs a hardcore mode!

Jun 29, 2013
"Hardcore modes are now and always will be lame. They're for the tryhard kids who want to think they're 1337 because hardcore is all they play."

^THIS, is so true
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

? what makes someone a "kid" or "tryhard" because they prefer more realistic mode that depends less on teams?

It's most definitely for tryhard kids.  There's nothing more "realistic" about them, and there's almost no difference, other than that it takes removes a lot of things for no reason.  They've only ever been modes for people want to think they're better than everyone else because they play hardcore.

Plus this game probably doesn't have enough players to support another playlist.  IIRC they're already going to be adding two more playlists to the game.  A fifth one definitely isn't going to be doing anybody any favors.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (173 Views)
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Putting aside the preconceptions and attitute, I have to agree that the game already IS hardcore mode. 

Removing the radar would break all kinds of perks, not to mention the core game dynamics. 

My only concession to the idea would be tweaks to the armour, since it seems overly effective against certain weapons and useless against others.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Bovrillor wrote:

My only concession to the idea would be tweaks to the armour, since it seems overly effective against certain weapons and useless against others.

Tweaks to armor would definitely be nice, because it's definitely a lot more effective against some weapons than it is against others.  But they could easily just fix armor itself, not add a whole new play list to put it in.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:

Bovrillor wrote:

Tweaks to armor would definitely be nice, because it's definitely a lot more effective against some weapons than it is against others.  But they could easily just fix armor itself, not add a whole new play list to put it in.

i thought people want more gamemodes?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4647 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

LOL, a bow kills with 2 shots and the Semi Auto with 3. How much does it take for those to down enemies in Hardcore? All insta-kills?

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (132 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 29, 2013

This would just ruin the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1994 posts

Jun 29, 2013

Sounds like a big camping party.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (121 Views)
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Jun 29, 2013
All OP suggested is a camp fest where people find nice places to hide on the map and use the suggested 1HK sniper to get kills

Lame as hell

If they make a playlist with no Listen Mode it'd be cool but that's about it
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1326 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 29, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

i thought people want more gamemodes?

Theoretically more game modes would be nice, but I'm not sure the game could handle dividing the number of players by so much.  It's not a huge MP title like Halo or CoD, so I don't think it could take having so many.  I also think that if they add more gametypes they should work on adding some type of objectives instead of just another type of deathmatch.

For people saying it'd be a campfest, I think that removing the raidar would actually allow people to run around more freely without worrying about showing up on the map. However I still feel like players are fragile enough as it is, so a HC mode probably isn't necessary.  Going straight to killing them w/o downs might be fun, but it also seems like it clashes with the type of gameplay they want, even if right now they discourage the type of gameplay they'd like to see.

Also, sorry that I was kindof a **bleep** before.  I've just always been against the idea of Hardcore gametypes.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (96 Views)
0 Likes