Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 26 2013
By: YellowHamma13 Splicer 90 posts

This game sucks

96 replies 868 views Edited Sep 26, 2013
Was my favorite online experience at the beginning, but has slowly descended into being a joke.

1. Pity parts are worse than ever before and based also on "rank" or experience now. I have played for three weeks now and average 0-1 Molotovs or melee weapons per room while being bombarded, from the beginning, by a team with 4 members full of all of the above and bombs. We have moved to 6-7 boxes with 1 craftable item. It's a joke. You are trying to force close games instead of allowing competition to play itself out. We used to use crafter and explosion to counter this but...

2. You've changed these two and now crafters get nothing. Can't even craft 2 gifts in a game or kill anyone with the occasional bomb or Molotov I do get.

3. You've nerfed the semi and revolver so much that I can't keep enough ammo to even consider killing with them.

4. Matchmaking is awful. I play with single digit teammates EVERY SINGLE MATCH. I'm a level 180 something.

5. This game is about surviving an apocalypse. At what point did someone decide rewarding death with extra parts is a good idea. Maybe that is the #1 issue. How do you take a survival game, based on strategy, scarcity, and resourcefulness, and turn it into a **bleep** storm by passing out free bombs, machetes, molotovs, etc. to the people who ARE NOT USING THEIRS RIGHT?

These are all facts. Now theory on things I've noticed:

When you are a higher level, your guns require much more damage to get downs. For 3 weeks the semi and revolver have required 5-7 shots, 3 headshots, for downs when we are playing low level players, who most the time simply started a new account. I know this to be true because I started a second account to test theories, and suddenly received mass amounts of parts per bin and my guns worked far better, against a team with 4 180+ team members. They were **bleep** and ironically complaining about all the stated issues above. When I told them of my experiment and that I knew we had extra parts and damage, they agreed that that's how they felt. We didn't just beat them. We routed them 14-0 final.

This game is broken and all for the sake of a vocal minority who will all likely switch to call of duty in November while I was willing to play this for a long, long time.

Also, before you assume I suck or I'm not winning, that's not the case. We still won 80% of the time, but having to struggle against a stacked deck.

PS three games tonight on the new account and my buddy is using his high level account. I am quadrupling his parts, kills, and crafted items. He's a 3.2 KDR and I'm a 3.62.

It's broken. ND please address these issues. I just don't have fun anymore.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 97 (868 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
235 posts

Re: This game sucks

Sep 26, 2013

I think you're just trying to blame the devs for not having people to play with. Where as the reality for me is that I've made at least 15 friends in LOU multiplayer.

I average 1-2 melee weapons a game, and I use brawler.

I am able to craft a melee weapon, shiv, and 2 smoke bombs, and 2 gifts, within the first 1:30 of the game. So the only problems you have there are your own.

Also, the revolver is amazing and super reliable. Don't know what you're talking about there. Stopped reading because most your points are just about you not being a good player.

~Do the Impossible, See the Invisible~
 photo 751de066-2c16-41a9-adff-091a26c3fdf9.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 97 (844 Views)
Naughty Paw
5540 posts

Sep 26, 2013

nerfed revolver?

5-7 shots to down?

LMAO!!!

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 97 (840 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Well it's just a game, play another one.
www.youtube.com/arolsouls - Come by my channel to experience some of the best LoU vids, including sick plays, tutorials, commentaries and general entertaining quality content.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 97 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 26, 2013
I always play with a party of 2 minimum. You are "LMAO" but I'm not kidding you. The guns don't work if you're better than the tiger team. I'm a 3.62 and not stealing kills. It's not a user issue. Check the updates from the devs. They're constantly changing things to make crappy players happy. If you're not experiencing these issues, you're obviously on the crappy end of the spectrum. Sorry, but my experience with these issues is 3+ weeks consistently. I am well aware that some people get plenty of parts, but only really low # ranks and crap players. Try reading next time.

The revolver WAS by far my favorite weapon, before I started seeing pity damage. I have 2-3 of my classes revolver only, no primary. But for 3 weeks it's been awful even. And YES with 5-7 shots late in games when we are winning, even by just a little.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 97 (825 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Sep 26, 2013

YellowHamma13 wrote:
When you are a higher level, your guns require much more damage to get downs. For 3 weeks the semi and revolver have required 5-7 shots, 3 headshots, for downs when we are playing low level players, who most the time simply started a new account.

This is 100% inaccurate.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 97 (824 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Your first 1:30 is more than I often get an entire match with revolver only. Crafter 3. Explosion 2. Thank you for proving my point so clearly.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 97 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5540 posts

Sep 26, 2013

sorry buddy, but games don't work like that, your logic is completely wrong and hilarious to read.

Even the extra parts and stuff given out is only given to people who do bad in the games not low levels.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 97 (822 Views)
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Also if you're above a 3.6 then you're near me. It's not a skill issue.

Clearly you like this pity system because you suck.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 97 (821 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
90 posts

Sep 26, 2013
Sorry buddy it's not logic but fact. I've seen it non-stop for 3 weeks. Then switched to a backup account and was the recipient of about a 200% increase in craftable items. It's definitely happening that way now. The old welfare system was rewarding dying. The new system still is, but is also pre-determining who gets shafted and the only indicator that is consistently correlated is the amount of weeks. I'm not saying it's not helping those who suck, on-game, because it does. I just don't die enough to ever receive those parts. I don't agree with them either. Moral of the story is, it's not a theory, those are facts based in experimentation. You clearly must be receiving lots of pity and therefore don't see a problem with the system. In fact, you likely think you're decent. When in reality, you only get more parts than the people better than you. I bet you lose a lot of close games to people higher ranked than you. That's because they are better, but you're given enough pity to make it somewhat close.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 97 (816 Views)
0 Likes