Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Re: Two Things That are Still Ruining MP for me

Jul 25, 2013

This is true, unfortunately.  Doing too well and ending the game too quickly often kill your clan way faster than losing a game does.  This is kind of good in some ways as it promotes gathering supplies rather than spawn camping and rushing to steamroll the other team, but it does skew the experience somewhat.

Message 11 of 22 (178 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Dezmixbe wrote:

This is true, unfortunately.  Doing too well and ending the game too quickly often kill your clan way faster than losing a game does.  This is kind of good in some ways as it promotes gathering supplies rather than spawn camping and rushing to steamroll the other team, but it does skew the experience somewhat.

This exactly. I agree that spawn-camping and team rushing shouldn't be encouraged by all means. Myself and the team I play with do neither, opting to control the major conflict zones and also just to move around the map hitting supply boxes. But still we often do well enough that our scores end up lower than what we'd get if we came up against a team that gave us good competition and kept the scores tight. We do sometimes find those teams, either an opposing party or just a good group of randoms, but it is rare.

Message 12 of 22 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Only 1, missing GORE in the EU version MP.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 13 of 22 (170 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 26, 2013

@xSKIN_N_BONESx

This has altered my perception of the MP because I apparently did not understand what was going on.  I just started losing people, by having them die, become hungry, and sick.  It felt as if I was on my way to losing the game.  "Too many of your clan died, you're not doing well enough.  Game failed."

I'm also still slightly confused on the earnings part.  I will apparently have to watch my Supplies being earned better, if there is a way, because I am under the impression that if you do not meet the minimum requirement (i.e. people become hungry or sick after a match), then you don't earn any total supplies.  As in, all of them went to my clan and nothing extra was added to my personal total, because I didn't have extra after their needs.  If this is not the case I will much happier.  I really want to unlock the bow, and I was believing that I never could, because my clan was getting hungry/sick all the time.

Reading your post and others has me thinking this is not the case?

Message 14 of 22 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Jul 26, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:

@xSKIN_N_BONESx

This has altered my perception of the MP because I apparently did not understand what was going on.  I just started losing people, by having them die, become hungry, and sick.  It felt as if I was on my way to losing the game.  "Too many of your clan died, you're not doing well enough.  Game failed."

I'm also still slightly confused on the earnings part.  I will apparently have to watch my Supplies being earned better, if there is a way, because I am under the impression that if you do not meet the minimum requirement (i.e. people become hungry or sick after a match), then you don't earn any total supplies.  As in, all of them went to my clan and nothing extra was added to my personal total, because I didn't have extra after their needs.  If this is not the case I will much happier.  I really want to unlock the bow, and I was believing that I never could, because my clan was getting hungry/sick all the time.

Reading your post and others has me thinking this is not the case?

Before each match if you look below your clan diagram (with the blue dots) it will tell you how many parts you need to feed your clan and keep them healthy.

The points you earn in matches are then converted to parts at a ration of 50-1.

So for example I have a clan of 98 members at the minute so need 80 parts to keep them fit. So I know that i need to aim to score 4000 points per match to achieve that (80 x 50 =4000).

If I reach my target my clan will remain fine. If I go under I'll get hungry and sick members who will eventually die. If I exceed my target (4000+) then my clan size will increase by a few.

Message 15 of 22 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jul 26, 2013

From how I see it, the clan portion of the game rewards consistency over anything. you can't go from getting 8000 parts in one game to 1500 the next and think you're doing well. Play to your strengths and everything should be fine.

0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Actually the way Hungry and Sick act as a buffer in the metagame, combined with Events either killing off Hungry/Sick first or rewarding you with healthy ones, mean you can play with wildly inconsistent scores and still do surprisingly well.
Message 17 of 22 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
339 posts

Jul 27, 2013
I still don't fully understand one thing, so forgive me for asking again:

If I don't get enough supplies to meet the minimum requirement, meaning people in my clan go hungry or sick, does that also mean no supplies get accumulated into my grand total?
Message 18 of 22 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 27, 2013

MaidenVelka wrote:
I still don't fully understand one thing, so forgive me for asking again:

If I don't get enough supplies to meet the minimum requirement, meaning people in my clan go hungry or sick, does that also mean no supplies get accumulated into my grand total?

All the supplies you collect will be added to the total

sig photo PizSig_zpsfd246efd.png
Message 19 of 22 (75 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Was thinking today that mission rewards should be equivilant to how hard of a mission you choose. Say you get the 100% clan kill objective. You select the easy downs mission with <3/3/6/9 and the rewards of 100/80/60/20 respectively. And on the very last 100% kill you select downs again and now you have <6/6/9/15 and the typical 100/80/60/20. SInce this is harder, not really but you get the idea, the rewards should be 100/60/20/10. If you gotta work harder you should be rewarded more.

Also think there should be a bonus level that is double the amount of the objective and reward. So say you have the <2/2/4/6 the bonus objective is 12. If the reward is 10% increase to population m on teir 3, the bonus is 20%. If it's a population decrease, that percentage is cut in half, so instead of 20% it's 10%.

Just my thoughts.

Message 20 of 22 (71 Views)
0 Likes