Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Re: Uncensor European multiplayer(outside of Germany)

Jun 30, 2013
Create a thread Fakehound , they listen to you :smileyvery-happy:
Message 51 of 95 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jun 30, 2013

It's actually crazy rating the game 18 then limiting the amount of gore in the game.  It's kinda like we are all being forced to play the multiplayer with the gore toggled off.

Photobucket
Message 52 of 95 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 1, 2013

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/the_last_of_us_lacks_multiplayer_dismemberments_in_europe

^ The first comment is so true...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 53 of 95 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Jacko_the_lad wrote:

What difference does it make?

The game plays exactly the same so this is really a non-issue.

This isn't a thread about gameplay.

No, it's about people wanting gore for gore's sake.

Yeah, because gore was a selling point for this game. Problem?

I must have missed all the advertising going 'Gore!' 'Gore!' 'More Gore!' ‘120% More Gore!’

I’m currently staying in Australia, import games from the US since I prefer less-censored games (and I have a US PSN account since thats where I spend half my time, and where my kitty and SO are) and while waiting for the game to arrive I saw it in stores over here and was surprised at the R18+ rating thinking 'Oh, its a gritty post apocalyptic storyline, thats probably just them being overly cautious’ and then I played the game and was horrified at exactly how violent it is, and how much it deserved the R.

(For a standing viewpoint, the violence in Pan's Labyrinth with the bottle which resembles some of the violence in this game was the reason I consider that low in the list of films I recommend to people)

So I was pretty much blindsided by how violent it is, but I'd still play the uncensored version since that was how it was intended even if its not to my liking. Tho I could understand having a filter option to switch it down for those people that love the storyline but find the excessive gratuitous violence a turn off. Multiplayer is generally treated as a hot potato with violence for the reason mentioned elsewhere in the thread that you are inflicting realistic (if occasionally over the top) depictions of violence on realistic characters. The executions especially would be considered very High Impact violence.

A note to anyone thinking of getting an import copy – Remember that while the game may not be region locked, the DLC is. You can only buy DLC for the version of the game you have. So a US bought game can’t use an DLC from the EU store. Hoping they fix this with the PS4 by having one worldwide store and DLC but... yeah. That’ll probably not happen. I got bitten by that with Valkyria Chronicles, after picking it up for $5 at EBgames over here and then buying some DLC on the US store and not being able to use it :smileytongue:

Message 54 of 95 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 1, 2013

Then they should add a MP gore toggle and call it a day. Everyone will be happy.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 55 of 95 (276 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Then they should add a MP gore toggle and call it a day. Everyone will be happy.

Looks like I won't get the season pass if ND doesn't fix and explains this **bleep**. I really hope it's just a problem with that MP config file in the EU.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 56 of 95 (251 Views)
I Only Post Everything
996 posts

Jul 1, 2013

MuddledMuppet wrote:

Agreed, although the price of it is irrelevant.

Making all EU countries follow one countries laws/regulations is insane, it woudl be like every USA  state apply a state law across the board rather than follow federal law.

The US hasn't worked this way for a LONG time. It should, but it doesn't. 

Message 57 of 95 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

Jul 1, 2013

majesticbeastt wrote:

I think its ridiculous that i pay 60 Euro's for this game and its multiplayer mode is censored because of the dictatorship of Merkel in Germany. Why does the rest of Europe have to suffer because of that, just censor the german edition and uncensor the other countries that shouldnt be too hard.

This sucks big time. I live in Germany and got the PEGI version. What a rip off without telling anyone in advance. ND has to answer this issue. 

Message 58 of 95 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 1, 2013

No mp gore takes away some immersion imo. First few matches i had i didnt see any & thought **bleep**? how stupid. Its there now tho. really has that 'war' vibe to it when you see that stuff. Like old COD WaW. Never understood why they took it out..

~ Add me to play TLoU Online! xxIR3D3MPTI0NIxx .
★☆ THE STRUGGLE ☆★
 photo shotgun2_zps9b83d15a.jpg
Message 59 of 95 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
270 posts

Jul 1, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Yes, I also think a toogle would do the job here

Message 60 of 95 (192 Views)
0 Likes