Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Re: Uncensor European multiplayer(outside of Germany)

Jul 10, 2013

Sadly, i bought the Season Pass before trying the MP....

Stupid me!

Im keeping my pre-order of Puppeteer  because i doubt there will be any censorship, but i cancelled my pre-order of Beyond Two Souls, i will wait to see if there are any censorship differences between US/EU before buying it.

I do wonder why SONY suddendly decided not to do a German specific version and just do a general censored EU version.

First GoW Ascension, now TLoU.

These actions dont look very good for a company that boasts "gamers 1st"... its more like  a-single-EU-version-easier-and-cheaper-to-do-1st.

Editor/Organizer
Message 71 of 95 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 10, 2013
I think the reason why Germany has made a censorship law, is simply down to the fact that under age people could still get a copy at their hands through an older relative. Meaning, an age restriction itself isn't very useful, therefor implementing a censorship law on top of the age restriction.
But why the rest of EU has to suffer for that, is beyond me? But then again, what's more annoying? Censorship or listining to some little kid through the mic? I don't know?
Message 72 of 95 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 10, 2013

ManatuBear wrote:

Sadly, i bought the Season Pass before trying the MP....

Stupid me!

Im keeping my pre-order of Puppeteer  because i doubt there will be any censorship, but i cancelled my pre-order of Beyond Two Souls, i will wait to see if there are any censorship differences between US/EU before buying it.

I do wonder why SONY suddendly decided not to do a German specific version and just do a general censored EU version.

First GoW Ascension, now TLoU.

These actions dont look very good for a company that boasts "gamers 1st"... its more like  a-single-EU-version-easier-and-cheaper-to-do-1st.

So did i... if i havent done that i could have traded in my copy or sold it to a friend and re-buy the U.S digital version.

ND and SCEE kept the lid on and thought we wouldent notice.... pfft, do they think we are stupid?

Canon 1Ds
Message 73 of 95 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
385 posts

Jul 10, 2013

jbs1985 wrote:
I think the reason why Germany has made a censorship law, is simply down to the fact that under age people could still get a copy at their hands through an older relative. Meaning, an age restriction itself isn't very useful, therefor implementing a censorship law on top of the age restriction.
But why the rest of EU has to suffer for that, is beyond me? But then again, what's more annoying? Censorship or listining to some little kid through the mic? I don't know?

Considering the game is making its way into children's hands just as often as it would have without censorship, I'd say the censorship is a more valid complaint to have addressed.

----V^^^V----
I want my meals to think for myself
Message 74 of 95 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 10, 2013

bent_toe wrote:

So did i... if i havent done that i could have traded in my copy or sold it to a friend and re-buy the U.S digital version.

ND and SCEE kept the lid on and thought we wouldent notice.... pfft, do they think we are stupid?

How do you buy the U.S. digitial version?  The boxed version I can understand but if I bought it via the PS Store, surely it would download the EU version?  (I'm in the UK).

(PS.  Also, I noticed the version has changed from .75 to .76 - anyone know what, if any, changes have been implemented?

Message 75 of 95 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

Jul 10, 2013
You would have to make an American PSN by making a new account and selecting your country as the United States (correct me if I'm wrong guys) then it would let you download US content including US versions of titles.

Personally I would recommend buying the EU version and just helping us all petition for equal copy of the game across Europe (outside of Germany of course).
>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 76 of 95 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Jul 10, 2013

ade0410 wrote:

bent_toe wrote:

How do you buy the U.S. digitial version?  The boxed version I can understand but if I bought it via the PS Store, surely it would download the EU version?  (I'm in the UK).

(PS.  Also, I noticed the version has changed from .75 to .76 - anyone know what, if any, changes have been implemented?

With a created U.S account  :smileyhappy:

Canon 1Ds
Message 77 of 95 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jul 10, 2013

@obliviondoll

Yeah that's true, good point.

Message 78 of 95 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
446 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Well, EU always got the short end of the stick considering gaming, since the 80s.

50Hz titles, subpar translations, delayed releases (when the game actually makes it there) etc etc...

PS systems are moddable / now region free. Yet you guys still buy thoses EU versions? Lolwut?

Message 79 of 95 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

The_Hpman wrote:

Well, EU always got the short end of the stick considering gaming, since the 80s.

50Hz titles, subpar translations, delayed releases (when the game actually makes it there) etc etc...

PS systems are moddable / now region free. Yet you guys still buy thoses EU versions? Lolwut?

Oh, man... You clearly have no idea what you're on about, so "Lolwut" right back at you.

Besides, you guys have been playing heavily censored games since the NES era, so don't make me even go there. In Europe, only Germany and perhaps a couple of other countries had censorship in videogames, movies, etc...

The point is laws are not the same in all of Europe, same as you guys in the US, different laws depending on what state you live in.

Message 80 of 95 (62 Views)
0 Likes