Reply
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/09/2011
Offline
925 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

nykfist wrote:

well i can tell somebody here has been dance shivved too many times :smileyvery-happy:


ive also been shot from the glitch on suburbs, your point? cheap is cheap now things will be the way they were intended.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
Message 21 of 210 (205 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
193 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

Alright. Imagine the following scenario.

 

You have SAR and Revolver (the standard Loadout I suppose) with no Power Weapon because you want to have some useful skills instead. <- How I like to play.

 

But then somebody in armor somehow gets close to you (you can't prevent it all the time) and starts mindlessly pummeling his square button for the glory of Rome. Before the patch, I would shiv the guy. Now, I can't do a **bleep** thing to him. Even if I unload my SAR into his face at best we down each other, but in most cases I get downed by his fists that ignore my armor while I empty my clip in him and do nothing. I can't even run away since melee has homing capabilities of anti-air missiles and he can always just shoot me now that he reduced my HP to 40% with his two punches.

 

Makes **bleep** sense, right?!

 

The only solution that works to this scenario that I know of is to rely on power weapons, which I don;t want to btw.

More specifically Flamethrower, so I can be sure that no one will ever revive him, because people like that make me freaking mad. Just running up to me, ignoring my bullets and my armor and just punching me.

 

People cry about Nailboard. Yeah I hate that thing, but at least it requires some effort to get and upgrade. Not to mention actually having a weapon in your hands. What I **bleep** hate is weapons losing to fists, especially since I have a pre-made knife in my hands and I can't use it, because somebody said I can't.

 

The **bleep** is this?!

Message 22 of 210 (196 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/09/2011
Offline
925 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

That would never happen to me since i always have a flamethrower (or shotgun), so whatever game morals you subject yourself to is hurting you. You need a power weapon in this game against good players, seriously.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
Message 23 of 210 (194 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/03/2010
Offline
4933 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014
Diversity? I used a lot of tactics when people tried to mike Tyson me that were diverse.
Message 24 of 210 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
193 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

reeLONGBOW wrote:

That would never happen to me since i always have a flamethrower (or shotgun), so whatever game morals you subject yourself to is hurting you. You need a power weapon in this game against good players, seriously.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>

Nah, you need SAR and a decent team against good players. You need Flamethrower and Shotgun against idiots who rely on melee close range power weapons to do their job for them.

 

It's not about morals. It's about gimping my Loadouts just because ND decided to do some **bleep** again. Now I have to spend 2-3 Loadout Points and Parts to defend against simpletons who just run at you and mash one button.

 

First Brawler and now this **bleep**. ND makes great single player, but their tweaks to multiplayer make me furious. Especially since they make unnecesary changes and do stupid things like playing with hats instead of fixing real problems with the game everybody complains about.

Message 25 of 210 (185 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 03/09/2011
Offline
925 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

I personally think the game is perfect now. From a balance standpoint. You need power weapons though, or you will get ran over by good players.

<script charset="UTF-8" type="application/javascript" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js"></script>
Message 26 of 210 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/17/2013
Offline
1101 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

Sentiel wrote:

 

The only solution that works to this scenario that I know of is to rely on power weapons, which I don;t want to btw.

More specifically Flamethrower, so I can be sure that no one will ever revive him, because people like that make me freaking mad. Just running up to me, ignoring my bullets and my armor and just punching me.



And people running up to you trying to shiv you is less annoying?

You are not alone in this game. The guy will be so vulnerable to your teammates who can easily shoot him while he is chasing you.

If he got close to you without you noticing him, he could have shot/shived/whatevering you instead as well.

Also, even if he has armor, you can shoot at his legs while slowly moving backwards while he is trying to punch you.

If he has Brawler, well, he deserves to win this fight because he was able to get close to you and invested 2-3 loadout points for this occasion, which could have been a FT/Shotgun instead.

 

I mean, really. There are just situations where you have to be admit that you are outplayed. A guy with Brawler and armor is, well, annoying. So are different other things.

 

BTW: Try a Burst Rifle for a change, I just had a game where I killed a guy in the exact situation you describe, and he had armor on as well. He could only get 1 hit in. (I have to admit that the BR was at level 3 though)




Art by Janice Chu
Message 27 of 210 (180 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 02/16/2014
Offline
55 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

truer words were never spoken. no wonder all these people are yeah "fista cuffs! fista cuff!

 

I has nothing to do with bashing triangle its being smart. If I know you have brawler or you are coming at me with armor 8/10 times you will win either a fistfight (with brawler) or gun fight (if you have armor). if we are in melee range and you have brawler...yes I'm going to run behind you and shiv you. its not a glitch its just a head-to-head way to do it. Swinging your upgraded 2x4 and lunging DIRECTLY towards a person is a glitch and THAT needs to get fixed (and I have been on both ends of shiv dances and 2x4 lunges).

 

So yeah all you guys who say the nerf is fine or game is perfect now we really those who were just bashing square whenever you were close to a target. And again if im sneaking up on A...the fact that B may punch me and completely shut down my shiv ability is bs. 3 secs of not being able to shiv is more than enough time for you to get downed by any player regardless of their skill.

Message 28 of 210 (172 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
193 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

foofighter2634 wrote:

Sentiel wrote:

 

The only solution that works to this scenario that I know of is to rely on power weapons, which I don;t want to btw.

More specifically Flamethrower, so I can be sure that no one will ever revive him, because people like that make me freaking mad. Just running up to me, ignoring my bullets and my armor and just punching me.



And people running up to you trying to shiv you is less annoying?

You are not alone in this game. The guy will be so vulnerable to your teammates who can easily shoot him while he is chasing you.

If he got close to you without you noticing him, he could have shot/shived/whatevering you instead as well.

Also, even if he has armor, you can shoot at his legs while slowly moving backwards while he is trying to punch you.

If he has Brawler, well, he deserves to win this fight because he was able to get close to you and invested 2-3 loadout points for this occasion, which could have been a FT/Shotgun instead.

 

I mean, really. There are just situations where you have to be admit that you are outplayed. A guy with Brawler and armor is, well, annoying. So are different other things.

 

BTW: Try a Burst Rifle for a change, I just had a game where I killed a guy in the exact situation you describe, and he had armor on as well. He could only get 1 hit in. (I have to admit that the BR was at level 3 though)


I'm an avid Souls player. It's backstab mechanics work similarly to shiv dance. I'll write a "Nice shiv" message to anyone who can shiv dance me. So a guy running at me is just a free kill for me since I know it'll be safer to counter shiv him rather than try to shoot him. I quit trying after I found out I can't outmaneuver them even with max camera speed settings on.

 

What weapons are you suing to be able to aim and move backwards quick enough to avoid melee lunge reach?

 

So a guy invests 2 LPs into Brawler and has a right to win while I invest 2 LPs into Covert 1 for free Shiv? Is that it then?

 

Nah BR sucks. Nothing personal, but I just can't use it at decent range, so I'll rather pack SAR and Shorty.

Message 29 of 210 (169 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/06/2013
Online
1939 posts
 

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

Demigod, sentinel you are both right. Sentinel the scenario you are describing is exactly what I have seen happening now more so than before. Before I would spin around that person and attempt a shiv maybe I get the shiv maybe I don't. However with my non op sar against him with armor and brawler, I'm most likely losing that battle and best case scenario we both go down .

Furthermore don't listen to reellongbow he doesn't play against good players he backed out when I saw him in the lobby , he rage quit against swiftydragon. You do not need power weapons against good players most good players don't even use them against good teams.

Message 30 of 210 (160 Views)
Reply
0 Likes