Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2480 posts

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 17, 2014

Its really annoying that I have to wait 3 seconds before I can shiv someone if they cause me damage. Its terrible, I sometimes run out of ammo and the shiv can mean the difference between life or death. But this change really doesn't make any sense at all. It was an advance tactic that anyone could of mastered and now they add in a patchs to make shiving even harder. This past few days have been terrible with shivs, I sometimes am right behind someone and can't get a shiv icon to pop up. I was in a match were I could of gotten a shiv to end a fist fight but because I had been damaged I couldn't save my team mate from getting killed.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 212 (225 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

I was playing with my friends. Two of us tried to flank the enemy team and we ran into a camper with FT. He started grilling us, so we immediately ran around him, each in different direction. We accepted that one of us will have to die, but the FT guy will get shivved by the one that survives. If lag is taking a vacation you may even manage to shiv the FT guy quick enough to save your friend.

My friend got sacrificed himself for the Firefly motherland while I was standing behind the FT guy's back doing nothing like an idiot. My HP bar was around 90% full, but he still damaged me. Then I realised what just happened and only could write an apology to my team in chat after my corpse was nice and crispy.

I'd like to send a personal message to the person from ND who approved of this change with two simple words each time I die because of their silly patch. I'd probably get PSN banned, or something, but at least I would feel a bit better if I could tell the one responsible a few words.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 212 (215 Views)
Fender Bender
4133 posts

Feb 17, 2014
Don't stand next to each other. Problem solved.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 212 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4133 posts

Feb 17, 2014
You still could have shot him. Melee noob.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 212 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Feb 17, 2014

neverbelow wrote:

I respect your opinion, but you honestly have to learn that there are moments when you should just keep your mouth shut. This here is one of these moments.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 212 (181 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Feb 18, 2014

neverbelow wrote:
Don't stand next to each other. Problem solved.

neverbelow wrote:
You are literally too stupid to insult at this point. But its okay you bash square or swing-lunge man you got it
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 212 (140 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1467 posts

Feb 18, 2014
Like never said, you CAN still both shoot/melee. Just because there are two of you doesn't mean you should get an automatic kill for pressing triangle.
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 212 (137 Views)
Fender Bender
4133 posts

Feb 18, 2014
I rarely melee. Almost never.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 212 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Feb 18, 2014
It was definitely necessary, now shivving takes actual skill and stealth. U ppl mad cuz u never get shivs anymore lol
忍びの者
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 212 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Feb 18, 2014
When I would get shiv danced on it would **bleep** me off. I use stealth to get my shivs, so when I'm punching someone out it means hey **bleep** I caught you. Its a great change finally and ppl who love stealth should rejoice.
忍びの者
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 212 (103 Views)
0 Likes