Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: Unnecessary nerf to Shivs

Feb 21, 2014
The dance shiv is cheating, I use melee in stealth. When I strike I can't turn around while u run behind and get a non stealth kill. I'm happy it's gone. Now only legit shivs get the glory.
忍びの者
Message 91 of 210 (240 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Feb 21, 2014
Running behind and shiving someone seems legit as just crouching behind somone and shiving them. Yes, stealth is involve in shiving, but rush down shiv is just as strategic and legit.
Got skills?
Message 92 of 210 (234 Views)
Gaming Beast
2010 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2014

Bizzerker bauer I'm glad you finally admit you died to this tactic often . For your information I never spanned the triangle button. Who does that ?? I think very few . I simply pressed it when it appeared . If you rarely did it how would you know how it was done?

This bs people say " only should be used stealthy " these people were VIOLated by the shiv dance. Uniformity is booooooring in a video game it was a fun tactic and the better players knew how to pull it off. Everyone saying they used it I bet u they all are better than average players .however this game is geared towards newbs and average players. Think welfare system and molotovs.

Message 93 of 210 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Feb 21, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Bizzerker bauer I'm glad you finally admit you died to this tactic often . For your information I never spanned the triangle button. Who does that ?? I think very few . I simply pressed it when it appeared . If you rarely did it how would you know how it was done?

This bs people say " only should be used stealthy " these people were VIOLated by the shiv dance. Uniformity is booooooring in a video game it was a fun tactic and the better players knew how to pull it off. Everyone saying they used it I bet u they all are better than average players .however this game is geared towards newbs and average players. Think welfare system and molotovs.

Your whole post is nothing but calling other players noob and calling yourself pro because you did the shiv dance often only you don't say it directly. 

You mad that you think ND made the game noob friendly? Arn't you the same person devoted an entire thread to giving people greif about using purchasables on noobs and how it wasn't fair but shiv dancing noobs is? Lol... 

Message 94 of 210 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2010 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Tim is here i've said repeatedly that I dance shived maybe 3xs in 4 matches. I play dlc 90%+ of the time. Lol yes using purchaseables when you are decimating noobs 20-6 or so is excessive in my opinion.

I've been dance shived before differnce is I give props man up, and don't whine for a nerf. 

Let me reiterate it's a video game the dance shiv was fun.

Message 95 of 210 (215 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1509 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2014
The shiv dance alone is probably the single rarest thing in the entire game to kill me. It's like 6 or 7 deaths out of thousands. I only say it's worked against me every time it's tried because I don't KNOW how many times it was tried. Maybe it was another thousand times, but because they didn't get to shiv while thy were still in frot of me I just assumed they were melee rushing.

Let's compare shiv dancing to the smokebomb once. In all honesty I've probably been killed, outright killed, to smokebombs themselves as often as I've been shiv danced. It's not something that happens very often, but does that mean it doesn't need to be fixed? If I learn how to get my smokebombs to flatout kill people on their own, is it legit if I start doing that? What about if it doesn't work every time?

Now compare it to upgraded melee weapons. They require the same materials, plus an extra, more rare item; they have one use unless you take a special booster just for making them; they have an actuak animation on the swing that has to connect in order to count; and all they do is down, not kill. Does it make sense that a shiv would have the dame function ad an upgraded melee weapon, except easier to get and more lethal?

Also, I like how you say you barely tried it but you had an entire loadout for it.
Message 96 of 210 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1292 posts

Feb 21, 2014

INCANGENERAL wrote:

Tim is here i've said repeatedly that I dance shived maybe 3xs in 4 matches. I play dlc 90%+ of the time. Lol yes using purchaseables when you are decimating noobs 20-6 or so is excessive in my opinion.

I've been dance shived before differnce is I give props man up, and don't whine for a nerf. 

Let me reiterate it's a video game the dance shiv was fun.

I shiv danced as much as I could when it was in the game and it was fun. Depsite what ND said it still felt like a glitch to me. Not a bad glitch but one that slightly enhances the gameplay. The only real problem with the shiv dance was lag. Even the slightest  favorable lag gave someone shiv dancing an edge over other players just like someone being able to shoot you down even when you are behind cover. 

ND either can't or won't fix the lag or keep the white plugin the same as the start of the patch I don't really see the shiv dance coming back. Nor can I give props to someone sprinting around with 0 bars just twirling their camera around players that have already shot them 4+ times and the damage has yet to regiester. 

Message 97 of 210 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2010 posts

Feb 21, 2014
Bizzerker bauer wrote: Also, I like how you say you barely tried it but you had an entire loadout for it.
0 Likes
Survivor
2137 posts

Feb 21, 2014
I can see why you guys are so frustrated about the dancing shiv nerf, I'd be pisses if they nerfed the wack and roll from UC3.
Message 99 of 210 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2014

jaynunez83 wrote:
The dance shiv is cheating, I use melee in stealth. When I strike I can't turn around while u run behind and get a non stealth kill. I'm happy it's gone. Now only legit shivs get the glory.

Just get out caught you made sense in trying to defend your argument. All you said was is "yeah I square spam in stealth" and made no note of how something physically possible that in-game only happens WHEN BEHIND someone is cheating.

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
 If I learn how to get my smokebombs to flatout kill people on their own, is it legit if I start doing that? What about if it doesn't work every time?

Now compare it to upgraded melee weapons. They require the same materials, plus an extra, more rare item; they have one use unless you take a special booster just for making them; they have an actuak animation on the swing that has to connect in order to count; and all they do is down, not kill. Does it make sense that a shiv would have the dame function ad an upgraded melee weapon, except easier to get and more lethal?

On the first portion: stop you are bringing in something that makes no sense. the only OHKOs in the game are Military Rifle headshots, molotovs, and shivs...please use relevant cases.

Second, shivs require materials as well (minus carrying Covert Training). Shivs have an animation just as the Upgraded 2x4...both of which leave you open to attack. Sure, upgraded 2x4 down....but you cant compare a stealthkill, smokebomb shiv, or shivdance to overall stupidity that is Upgraded 2x4 lunges. You could be a good 5-10ft away and swing that stick and still hit me so don't come with that crap. Having tested this out after the patch the lunges still bypass the "shooting on wind-up fix" to Upgraded 2x4s (normal 2x4 shooting can stop the swing); so really don't try to argue against a shiv with a much more BS melee. Finally, THEY DONT HAVE THE SAME ROLES TO BEGIN WITH. A bomb won't kill you from full but a molotov will...why? to different functions.

And to say the OHKO function is reason enough for the nerf is to say all style of shivs should be taken out. The people for the nerf are literally all people who either took it to the neck too many times or don't understand the "high risk, high reward" function of a "shiv dance." Even then, with "shiv dancing skill" being gone, had ND not done the  "punch negates shiv" effect I would be content. But like I said that is like shooting a player and their Military Rifle jamming .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: wow this is how you know the shiv nerf changed the game. (checkpoint- firehouse area) I am shooting at target A he comes around and I him out but notice my health is going down. His teammate walks out the store door and instead of shooting or shivving me he starts punching me and downs me. Sure I could easily say he is just dumb and that may be....but he didn't bother to shoot me at all he went right for the melee; something I see more and more now that shivs are nerfed cause no one wants to risk getting punched and having shivs cancled out

Message 100 of 210 (145 Views)