Mar 04 2014
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11451 posts

Was Nate Wells correct?

33 replies 458 views Edited Mar 4, 2014

best mp.png

So what do you think? 9 months after release, what do you think of this statement? Was he correct? A little correct? Not at all? 

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 34 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4075 posts

Re: Was Nate Wells correct?

Mar 5, 2014
A little over the top, but it is quite good.
Message 2 of 34 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
441 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I dont get it.
Message 3 of 34 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Mar 5, 2014

It doesn't matter with 5-10k players only.

It's like claiming to be the best lover and getting laid rarely... Smiley LOL PR hype at its finest!

They didn't promote this MP at all. No advertisements, no beta(s), nothing at all. A lot of people don't even know that TLOU has MP.

Message 4 of 34 (423 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

Mar 5, 2014
I think so. Its better than that recycled COD that my friends fanboy over every year. I'll say that they did stealth very nice. It was smart to put weapon upgrades, armor and purchasables as the things you can buy, so you really had to choose. Loadout points were a great idea. The clan system was unique but I wish there were more rewards and incentive to feed your clan. Customization was meh, could have been better. DLC i cant say yet.
All i wish was that they payed more attention to it. It took what? 4-5 months to release a new mode? Only having two modes from the start of the game was a bad idea. Online pass was a bad idea. I'd say it with be GOAT if they had more time to finish the multiplayer.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 5 of 34 (420 Views)
Survivor
2220 posts

Mar 5, 2014

I think this is the best MP ever conceived. Even before all the annoying and unnecessary nerfs, the game was still fine.

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 6 of 34 (418 Views)
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2014

Tlou MP is not the best MP ever conceived. Everyone who knows what MGO & TSNE (prototype of the petty mode "survivors") mean will agree with me. ND "borrowed" tons of ideas from Konami's game. Can a copy be better than the original?.. If MGO would still exist i wouldn't be playing Tlou. (I am not implying Tlou MP is bad - it's not)

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
842 posts

Mar 5, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

It doesn't matter with 5-10k players only.

It's like claiming to be the best lover and getting laid rarely... Smiley LOL PR hype at its finest!

They didn't promote this MP at all. No advertisements, no beta(s), nothing at all. A lot of people don't even know that TLOU has MP.

this plus 10000000  

I always questioned why there was no beta and ZERO MARKETING and ZERO announcements about the MP.  I'm sure the player pool isn't as big as it could have been had ND done a better job at marketing the MP.

With that said, I wouldn't call it the greatest MP ever conceived, but it is sure LEAGUES above that garbage called CoD.  Is the TLOU MP perfect?  Not even close, but it's the best ND's MP.

That's why why I'm eager to see a TLOU 2.  Now that the MP has gotten some recognition, ND can mature and evolve the MP into something even better in TLOU2.  They have the foundation, the environment and formula for a great MP.  Now build on it!

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 8 of 34 (408 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Mar 5, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

That's why why I'm eager to see a TLOU 2.  Now that the MP has gotten some recognition, ND can mature and evolve the MP into something even better in TLOU2.  They have the foundation, the environment and formula for a great MP.  Now build on it!

They also had a good formula with Uncharted 2... let's hope that we won't see another "Uncharted 3"!  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 34 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11451 posts

Mar 5, 2014
What was wrong with Uncharted 3?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 10 of 34 (390 Views)
0 Likes