First Son
11 posts

Re: Welcome to The Last Of Us: Multilayer sub-forum!

Jun 27, 2013
The only REAL issue I have is that when you get booted from a match for whatever reason, or you lose connection to the host or PSN, you get penalized toward your mission that you're working towards (i.e. God forbid it's day 3 of your current mission and you have to get 10 more downs and you got 9 and lose connection...that means you just lost 80% of your clan) lol

Very frustrating, especially because Time Warner Cable sucks, but I don't have much choice in the apartment complex in which I live.
Message 31 of 80 (678 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Re: Welcome to The Last Of Us: Multiplayer sub-forum!

Jun 27, 2013

EvangM wrote:

Everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to welcome everybody to the TLOU: MP sub-forum. I know we've been relatively quiet on details leading up to release, but we're finally out now! Feel free to start discussions here on MP-related matters and share your thoughts and opinions on what you've played and seen (in a respectful and thoughtful manner, of course.) We will be actively monitoring and reading throughout, and you can always send me a PM if you have a question or comment (keep it clean!)

As you can see, this is very much a different animal than our previous multiplayer efforts. This is only the beginning of our MP journey through the world of The Last Of Us, so please pardon our dust as we move forward in the coming weeks and months! We will have more information coming soon, so please have a bit of patience with us. Until then, fight to stay alive!

Regards,

EvangM

Hi Even,

Please adress the issues with multiplayer and also, try and release more maps REALLY soon.

I bought the season pack.. but whats worrying me is, does the season pack mean that there will be no more DLC than the sp dlc and two mp packages?

Canon 1Ds
Message 32 of 80 (675 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jun 28, 2013

The multiplayer it just terrible in general.  I can't believe how slow and boring it is.  It is extremely repetative.  Absolutely no replay value.  As far as I can tell there is no bonus to winning a match and losing doesnt hurt you if you have a good game.  it also doesnt keep track of any interesting stats.  It is all about your survivors.  It encourages you to steal kills and executions from team mates to keep your "clan" happy.

Message 33 of 80 (652 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4841 posts

Jun 28, 2013

dboys194 wrote:

The multiplayer it just terrible in general.  I can't believe how slow and boring it is.  It is extremely repetativeAbsolutely no replay value.  As far as I can tell there is no bonus to winning a match and losing doesnt hurt you if you have a good game.

Actually, there is tons of replay value, it's called fun. Playing with friends in this game, healing/reviving/crafting/gifting, they're all mechanics that help you play as a team and have fun while unlocking loadout points and some customization items.

Wrong. There are bonus parts you get for winning a match.

Well, all MP games are repititive. What do you have to do in CoD? Or BATTLEFIELD? You have to kill those guys, over and over again. Atleast, there is a metagame here to freshen things up and drives you to do more per match.

Message 34 of 80 (636 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jun 28, 2013

It's repetative in the way it forces you to play only one way everytime, slow.  Listen Mode and showing up on radar for running ruins the experience. There also aren't many weapons to choose from or customize and only 2 modes to play.

To go from a great MP like UC3 to this is disappointing.  I was expecting way more from ND.

Message 35 of 80 (623 Views)
Limit Breaker
17400 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Ok, buh bye.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 36 of 80 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 28, 2013

dboys194 wrote:

It's repetative in the way it forces you to play only one way everytime, slow.  Listen Mode and showing up on radar for running ruins the experience. There also aren't many weapons to choose from or customize and only 2 modes to play.

To go from a great MP like UC3 to this is disappointing.  I was expecting way more from ND.

i agree, slow as hell, no jump, no straft, no prone, radar, weak as hell guns, coke bottles and boards out-do good aim, all crap

Message 37 of 80 (613 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Trophy glitched Please help

The Hunter journey trophy has not popped even though it shows iv both completed .On my Rank both pips are visible , i got the firefly journey trophy but need the hunter one for my platinum.

Message 38 of 80 (555 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1431 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

TRED- wrote:

Trophy glitched Please help

The Hunter journey trophy has not popped even though it shows iv both completed .On my Rank both pips are visible , i got the firefly journey trophy but need the hunter one for my platinum.

Sorry to hear that, did you survive the 12 weeks and play past day 1 of week 1 following? I recall for preorder downloads you had to play past day 1 for them to appear, this could apply to trophies as well (althrough it shouldn't as It didn't for me for the Firefly trophy). If not then I'm sure another member will know the answer as your the not the first to experience this problem.

>> Multiplayer TLOU: http://www.youtube.com/user/DanViron
>> Twitter: https://twitter.com/VironZz
Message 39 of 80 (552 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 3, 2013

It told me i had survived and asked me to choose a new faction , and when i went back to the lobby i had the second pip after my weeks

Message 40 of 80 (685 Views)
0 Likes