I wouldn't touch you with a broomstick.
Message 31 of 47 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Re: What are the Best Skills?

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2014

If you play alone the best skills are to have a balanced matchmaking.

Because if you have 2-3 noobs in your team and play against a team with for example 2  lvl 400 players while your team mates suck and die all the time its likely that game will get annoying for you.

It will not help if you do good with whatever loadout if your team mates are bad enough or better the matchmaking is unfair enough, since no one should expect that 3 noobs and one 150 lvl player win against a team of 4 players with lvls >100.

Besides from that there is not really one best skill, depends all on the game mode and loadout you choose, however sharpshooter 3 is a good skill that will help with every gun.

someone give me a challenge
Message 32 of 47 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

Jun 17, 2014
Those who think CT3 is useless has obviously never played as a sniper or against a sniper in high level competitive matches.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 33 of 47 (153 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Jun 17, 2014

ExOTiC1234 wrote:
Gotta say these as my top 3

Executioner
Scavenger
Awareness

I've not really used Awareness much but when I did, it didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference! Why is it so good? Also, I don't really see the need for Scavenger as long as you play with at least 2 weapons. I'm not saying you're wrong - just interested to hear why there skills are so good for you?

Message 34 of 47 (150 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Jun 17, 2014

DJ_AMs_Crackpipe wrote:

Best offensive skill in the game:  Sharpshooter 3

Best team skill in the game:  First Aid 3 followed by Reviver 3 although in the very beginning when all the supply boxes are full - Crafter 3.

Best lone wolf skill in the game:  Agility 3 or Covert 2/3.  

I used to play with Crefter 3 all the time but i think that 6 loadout points is too much for a skill that becomes less useful if your team is winning.

Message 35 of 47 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Jun 17, 2014

RyokuSonic wrote:
Those who think CT3 is useless has obviously never played as a sniper or against a sniper in high level competitive matches.

Maybe sanddude is a Hawk Eye 2/3 sniper and he uses reverse psychology tricks to convince people to stop using CT3, lol.

Message 36 of 47 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6695 posts

Jun 17, 2014

i actually am a hawk eye sniper. i dont mind them using covert, doesnt stop me from shooting em in the face lol. i just dont understand people saying its the "best" skill in the game when its just as situational as many others.

Feet
Message 37 of 47 (121 Views)
Fender Bender
2954 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2014
Wenger, awareness is amazing becuase usually on Interrogation, i have to save my teammates **bleep** while they are getting interrogated so I down one then try to run away. I get shot by their teammates while running away, now i can see my enemies through walls for 10 seconds. If i trip over a nail bomb i know where the guy is even if hes on the other side of the map. If some guy throws a molly but i dodge it, i can step in the fire which does minimal damage and know exactly where he is. During the mist on The Dam and the blizzard in Lakeside, i can see enemies nametags. Awareness is also a counter for Covert 3 users

Scavenger is extremely useful for the SAR,Burst rigle, and FAR as you typically run out of ammo for those guns. I dont know about you but before scavenger came out, i always ran out of ammo for my long guns and it was so annoying having to buy ammo, this eliminates the need to do that as long as you get kills. Its not so useful for like the hunting rifle or bow, especially the bow because you can pick up arrows off of guys you kill. Its just a nice perk to have, the instant pickup for ammo is also pretty nice, its saved me many times. Oh crap theres a guy in front of me trying to avenge his buddy, i'll just run over the supplies and pick up some ammo to kill that guy.
Holy hecks xDD
Message 38 of 47 (110 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
740 posts

Jun 17, 2014

sanddude20 wrote:

i just dont understand people saying its the "best" skill in the game when its just as situational as many others.

Almost all the skills are situational, some more so than others.  And on top of that some players get into a particular situation more than other players do because of their playstyle (camper, aggressive, lone wolf, team player, noob, expert, etc).  For example since I snipe from a distance, Executioner is useless for me since I am not in range to shiv or get a special execution the good majority of the game.

Some skills are "always on" like Agility but may not be the best skill in the combat situations or for team situations.  EE2 and BE3 might be the best skill to have if you are in combat AND if you have an inventory of bombs, mollies, and smoke bombs.  But if you don't have any explosvies or a launcher then they are render completely useless. 

So basically a lot of skills "depend" on certain situations to occur in order for them to be useful. Also the type of situation that occurs can determine if the skill is the "best" skill or not.  Are gun battle situations more common than healing or reviving situations?  If so Sharpshooter might be the best skill.  If you are playing with a team and find your team always taking damage or getting downded then First Aid 2/3 and Reviver might be the best.  There's so many type of situations that can occur in the game (crafting, gifting, stealthing, combat, healing, being marked, etc) that you probably couldn't even list them all even if you wrote them down.   That's the beauty of the game.  Lots of variety.

Some skills are very situational and dependent for it to be useful.  Example: Bomb Expert 3.  You need to have this skill equipped, plus have a smoke bomb, plus put into a situation where an enemy is close by and you can throw the smoke bomb at your feet to stun and shiv/shoot them.  Probably not the most useful skill to have.

Basing the skills off the parameters above this is my personal list of best skills that fits my playstyle AND the situations I find myself in the most.  I use the HR with Enforcer and FAR with the Enforcer.  Players with different playstyles or guns their list is going to be drastically different.

Supply Raid:

Tier S: Sharpshooter

Tier A: First Aid, Agility, Covert 

Tier B: Scavenger, Reviver

Tier C: Explosion Expert, Crafter, Brawler, Strategist, Hawk Eye, Awareness

Tier D: Sharp Ears, Damage Marker, Bomb Expert, Fortitude, 

Tier F: Pistol Auto-Zoom, Marathon Runner, Collector, Executioner, Gunslinger

So all my loadouts are some kind of combination of Tier S to Tier B.  Once in awhile I might drop in a Tier C skill depending on the map and what guns I have equipped.  

In interrogation, strategist 3 and Agililty 3 is Tier S when the safes appear and Sharpshooter moves down to B Tier. Also I might move Crafter and Explosion Expert up a level since planted bombs come in extra handy for downing or at least slowing down the other team.  

Apparently the world of scarcity does not apply to all the moronic posters on this forum.
Message 39 of 47 (97 Views)
First Son
11 posts

Jun 17, 2014

I don't understand why Covert Training is getting all the hate? I play Lone Wolf 99% of the time. I use Covert Training 3 because I don't feel comfortable sneaking around when I know I can be marked. Yeah, they still see me and I won't know about it, but then again I can vanish just as easy when I sneak around corners and slip out of my enemy's field of vision. Something I wouldn't be able to do as easily with just Covert Training 2.

People saying it is situational, well it really is, but then again I'm a stealthy player so I'm crouching more than I'm walking or sprinting anyway. Also, the extra shiv at spawn is really useful. I tend to use it nearly every time. Sometimes I even need to craft more shivs because I tend to flank around a lot.

Message 40 of 47 (82 Views)