Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/13/2012
Offline
1174 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 24, 2013
If bullets amputates your legs or arms then all guns would be overpowered.
Remember, it's still a dam video game, If I could use listen mode to guess where people are without my eyes then the game of hide and seek would never be made
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 71 of 104 (385 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/14/2009
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 24, 2013
Prime Example.

In Gears of War 3. Lancer fire Would turn your sprint into a Sunday stroll through the park.

This is how it should be.

Not getting shot 4 times and running through it like you were shot with Nerf Darts.

I still do not know why EVERY online game the melee is just as piwerful as a weapon. Its BS.

A punch in the face should NEVER dobthe same damage as a shotgun to the chest.

SMH
Message 72 of 104 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
18 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 24, 2013
I agree that the game is dead on. People were complaining that bullets should stop you dead in your tracks. Its a video game so no it shouldn't unless were playing some hardcore mode in which case there should be a bunch of changes.
Message 73 of 104 (348 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/22/2013
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 24, 2013

I agree with those saying that it should be more difficult for people to just charge through bullets, if someone is rushing and punching and they're getting shot it should be them that goes down. Too often punches will beat out gunfire which is pretty ridiculous. Also @ FINLEY no-one is saying that bullets should stop you dead in your tracks. The argument is simply that bullets beat fists. However due to the attempts to make balance, 4 punches will take someone down, whilst it takes 3 shots from a revolver or semi-auto. So by the game's logic, someone's fist is only just less powerful than 2 of the games more powerful firearms. So clearly it's a bit of a balance issue.

 

Finally FINLEY to your point about a man charging through 9mm fire, sure, provided he isn't hit in any vital organs or in the legs or head, and provided he's close enough to only take maybe a maximum of 3 bullets. Armour could help but there is no way anyone could charge through more than 2 or 3 bullets from any gun and also hope to land 4 punches in reality, considering by that time the other guy is also punching back. So your reality argument fails miserably.

Message 74 of 104 (333 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/02/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 24, 2013

i would love to be able to join a match. i stoped playing this online following patch 1.02 when i would be stuck in an endless loop of "matchmaking" with no success of actually getting into any. absolutely perfect before this patch.. tryed the whole deleting and reinstalling patch.. nothing. FIX THIS.

Message 75 of 104 (322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 07/25/2013
Offline
7 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 25, 2013
How can you not find anyone?? jajaja
Message 76 of 104 (262 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/20/2010
Offline
47 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 26, 2013

Hardstyle_45 wrote:

i would love to be able to join a match. i stoped playing this online following patch 1.02 when i would be stuck in an endless loop of "matchmaking" with no success of actually getting into any. absolutely perfect before this patch.. tryed the whole deleting and reinstalling patch.. nothing. FIX THIS.


Never had an issue after 1.02. A ot of times, for me, I'll play and right when I'm about to kill someone, screen goes black and says Leaving Game, and puts me back to the clan menu. Either hosts quits, disconnects or something.

 

 

And that gun/bullet debate earlier.... c'mon. Though I agree.... I remember shooting this guy with burst rifle. 3 bulets, 3 bullets and armor comes off. He hits me 2 or 3 times. 6 more bullets and I go down, yet he doesn't. Wanna talk about some BS? That's one of them.

Message 77 of 104 (234 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/29/2012
Offline
198 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

T-K_129 wrote:

I agree with those saying that it should be more difficult for people to just charge through bullets, if someone is rushing and punching and they're getting shot it should be them that goes down. Too often punches will beat out gunfire which is pretty ridiculous. Also @ FINLEY no-one is saying that bullets should stop you dead in your tracks. The argument is simply that bullets beat fists. However due to the attempts to make balance, 4 punches will take someone down, whilst it takes 3 shots from a revolver or semi-auto. So by the game's logic, someone's fist is only just less powerful than 2 of the games more powerful firearms. So clearly it's a bit of a balance issue.

 

Finally FINLEY to your point about a man charging through 9mm fire, sure, provided he isn't hit in any vital organs or in the legs or head, and provided he's close enough to only take maybe a maximum of 3 bullets. Armour could help but there is no way anyone could charge through more than 2 or 3 bullets from any gun and also hope to land 4 punches in reality, considering by that time the other guy is also punching back. So your reality argument fails miserably.


No thanks. Stopping power is almost perfect in this game, there have been many many many situations where the enemy have charged me with their fists and 1HitMelees and they simply missed their punches due to the stopping power of my gun. The people complaining probably want an increase in aim assist... Leave as is. It's good enough for skilled players to counter melee about 90% of the time (I guess) in a lag free environment.

Message 78 of 104 (216 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 08/20/2010
Offline
595 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 26, 2013

x_IHIostile_x wrote:
Prime Example.

In Gears of War 3. Lancer fire Would turn your sprint into a Sunday stroll through the park.

This is how it should be.

Not getting shot 4 times and running through it like you were shot with Nerf Darts.

I still do not know why EVERY online game the melee is just as piwerful as a weapon. Its BS.

A punch in the face should NEVER dobthe same damage as a shotgun to the chest.

SMH

So true.  Gears 3 does stopping power right.  If you try to run up to someone while they are shooting at you, you're done.  I have to say, while I'm enjoying teh Last of Us' MP, the melee is overpowered.  There were times when I shot another player point blank range twice with a shotgun and they ran through it and killed me with a stick.  Idk if they were wearing armor, so maybe that's why the shotgun didn't kill him, but I just don't think Melee should overpower a shotgun.

Message 79 of 104 (206 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
233 posts
 

Re: What can we expect from Patch 1.03?

Jul 26, 2013
Molotov - I wont complain about it since I use it as well, but seriously way to many molotov in the game I dont think anyone will argue that.

Shotgun - Is it me or is this gun too powerful and easy to use?

Burst Rifle - Burst is great wep but its so crappy vs armor, I gotta dump like 6 solid rounds into his **bleep** to get the armor off.
Message 80 of 104 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes