Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Re: What is so bad about downtown?

Jan 8, 2014

dh0rmazine wrote:

with the elevation constantly shifting as you move throughout it and the darkness.

This.

That's why I don't like it. Provides a lot of advantage for those who are on top.

0 Likes
Naughty Host
8571 posts

Jan 8, 2014
^As it should.

Combat 101

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 38 (187 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1145 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I only like it in interrogation. And the players that say there are no glitchy spots in downtown obviously haven't played it enough.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 38 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I can't see anything in Downtown. It's even worse than High School.

Luckily, everyone avoids it.
Non-troll member, so I'm not around much.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 38 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Oshnaj wrote:

dh0rmazine wrote:

with the elevation constantly shifting as you move throughout it and the darkness.

This.

That's why I don't like it. Provides a lot of advantage for those who are on top.

To be fair though both teams start off on even ground, and it becomes a race to get supplies before leaving yourself vulnerable. It just requires a lot more work and planning than the other maps do, the Dam can be very similar in the river section but learning to use the elevations to your advantage is fun.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 38 (170 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1715 posts

Jan 8, 2014
Got no problem with the elevations but since I don't snipe, fighting on the hill is annoying shiving on the hill melee on the hill both very annoying . Obviously I try not to give the higher ground to opponents.

It's okay to not like every map lol . If I sniped I'm sure of would appeal to me more. Agreed in interrogation mode its kinda cool.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 38 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
374 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I like Downtown, but in matchmaking everyone votes against it. Rarely do I get a chance to play it.

The most downs I got so far was 13, was in Downtown, using the Flamethrower of course and I feel I suck at this game compared to most.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 38 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5862 posts

Jan 8, 2014

It's the highrise of TLoU

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 38 (126 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1089 posts

Jan 8, 2014

It's interesting that most (not all though) more advanced players actually like the map. It is never played nonetheless.

I think it has everything: Wide spaces with less cover, elevation for sniper positions, close corner, buildings, great flanking opportunities. It is a challenging map though, because it is quite dark as well and you have to prepare for so many different combat situations. And as it is almost never played, a lot of people are not used to it and know the "usual ways to go".

It's not my favorite, but I vote it whenever I see it pop up - even only too see everyone panicking and voting for the other map :smileyhappy:

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 38 (121 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I just hate a whole team full of snipers. Which means that this is only my seond most hated map because of Lakeside.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 38 (102 Views)
0 Likes