Splicer
62 posts

Re: What is so bad about downtown?

Jan 8, 2014

Ok so alot of people dont like it because its dark and a complex map? Its like my favorite map I love the cut in the middle its amazing for flanking, alot and I mean alot of people dont understand flanking I see them run into bullets instead of taking 30 seconds to walk around and flank.

Message 21 of 38 (192 Views)
Sackboy
512 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Jefferton_Alive wrote:

Ok so alot of people dont like it because its dark and a complex map? Its like my favorite map I love the cut in the middle its amazing for flanking, alot and I mean alot of people dont understand flanking I see them run into bullets instead of taking 30 seconds to walk around and flank.

All the teams that I have ever faced on downtown have had all angles covered so you had to take them head on.

Message 22 of 38 (187 Views)
Limit Breaker
17374 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I'm old and my sight failing. Can't see a thing on the map.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 23 of 38 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2434 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I don't love it, but I do like it. Unlike the other maps, you never know where the enemy might come from, making each match a different experience every time. Plus since it's so dark and has so many places to hide it greatly encourages stealth, which I like. I'd honestly rather play on Downtown than Checkpoint, Checkpoint sucks in my opinion.

Message 24 of 38 (164 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Guys turn the brightness up on your tv??? I have a special setting I put my tv on when I play the last of us so there is no black holes on the tv, Why do so many people leave the brightness down so that the dark areas are pitch black? I turn it up till they are a greyish color so I can see.

Maybe that's why I do so good because I can see you all and you're just staring at darkness lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 25 of 38 (144 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I like sniping but dislike Downtown. It's just a big fuster cluck. I don't like everything being all broken and random, and the inside is too cramped. Shoot somebody and they just run for days. Also, elevation differences cause problems with melee, reviving, and so on.
Message 26 of 38 (141 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Played it a few times.. you quite often get caught on bits i noticed.. fukkin annoying when you are trying to dodge a molotov..

Don't hate but i dont like it  much.. and since i have only played if a few times i sucked hard..

But how can someone not like Bills town??

Great map probably the best orginal map.. mixes up long range and short range fights nicely..

Message 27 of 38 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 8, 2014
Oh yeah, and not being able to pick up your feet to step over biys of rubble gets old.

I think one reason people don't like Bill's Town is the spawns. Spawning on/with enemies seems to be way more common there than anywhere else.
Message 28 of 38 (128 Views)
Limit Breaker
17374 posts

Jan 8, 2014

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
Oh yeah, and not being able to pick up your feet to step over biys of rubble gets old.

I think one reason people don't like Bill's Town is the spawns. Spawning on/with enemies seems to be way more common there than anywhere else.

The dam is most people's spawn complaint.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 29 of 38 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 8, 2014
I guess I've seen the absolute worst on Dam, and most often on Bill's Town.
Message 30 of 38 (118 Views)