Treasure Hunter
3959 posts

Re: What is so bad about downtown?

Jan 8, 2014
I still don't understand where you guys are getting hung up at. I've never noticed this at all. And I'm sure I've played Downtown as much as or more than anyone posting here. Sometimes getting into the trains from the sides can take an extra button press or two, but there are several spots like that on many maps. The broken concrete is like a race track for me. If I wanna go, I go. No issues.

Message 31 of 38 (111 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Jan 8, 2014

I got shived on Bills town on a respawn once playing interrogation. 

Mostly i play survivors so i don't notice it..

Message 32 of 38 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 8, 2014
Don't remember the specific spots for downtown, but yeah, every map does have stuff like that. The one brick at the bottom of the whole in the wall on University loves to grab my foot. And off topic, but I really hate the couple spots in the game where you should clearly be able to walk between two things and can't. Checkpoint and Lakeside have the most memorable ones.
Message 33 of 38 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Jan 9, 2014

Oh man, that gap on the veranda (?) of the villa on Lakeside gets me every time still, don't know why. What do you mean on Checkpoint though?

Art by Janice Chu
Message 34 of 38 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3187 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Downtown is aesthetically pleasing but annoying to play . I pick it though but rarely. Lot more obstacles than other maps especially since its dark and you might not notice as well as you would on another map. Bills town and dam my top 3 favorite maps lol I just shived a guy I spawned behind on dam earlier lol that sucks for him but has happened to me and yea at bills town as soon as I spawn I'm always cautious .
Message 35 of 38 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
734 posts

Jan 9, 2014
Downtown is actually one of my favorite maps. It's a great map for snipers and one of the most interesting vanilla maps to play interrogation in.

I guess people don't pick it because there's a ton of uneven terrain on that map, but it's really no issue when you play it a couple of times and get used to how things flow on it.
Message 36 of 38 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1529 posts

Jan 9, 2014
On Checkpoint there's a pole like 2 or 3 feet from a vending machine on the opposite side of the map from 24 hour hotline. There's plenty of space, but you can't walk between them.
Message 37 of 38 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Jan 9, 2014

I thought downtown was great as well. It has a vibe to it that I like. Plus, I do like sniping Robot wink

young beard signature
Message 38 of 38 (38 Views)
0 Likes