Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Re: What was Right/Where to Improve 1.07

May 8, 2014

I'm not reading your entire post but +1 for typing a lot of cool stuff : )

Message 11 of 27 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
78 posts

May 8, 2014
Okay, seriously I'm looking for productive advancement and litigation, please don't make it look like I'm pandering to aloof teenagers or make a cynical contribution. If things are going to improve, we're going to have to ask people to discern an honest and sincere approach to addressing the new meta game here.

The fact of the matter is, version 1.07 is an entirely new game, that's going to lose more players than it gains... And I don't want to see that happen, hence my thread here. If players can't take this seriously, naughty dog won't take the players seriously.

That said thanks to those who've contributed so far. I want people to expand here, not just tell me if they agree or disagree, use what I posted as a catalyst to bring forward more ideas or thoughts about your experience, in a productive manner in order to optimize this opportunity to communicate directly to the creators of this game!
Message 12 of 27 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 8, 2014

What if ND managed to increase the player count from 15k to 20k daily players? How do you know that they lost players because of 1.07?

Only MacGruber can tell us what happened pool-wise.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 13 of 27 (155 Views)
Lombax Warrior
78 posts

May 9, 2014
I can tell you my psn list was replete with (approx 25) players and now only 3 of them play it... If it's that obscene on my psn list if imagine it's like that elsewhere.

In one of them btw, I won't be playing this game anymore thanks to the 1.07.

Seriously, the meta-game isn't what made 1.06 - appealing. Factions is over crowded, busy, loud, fast, and cheap. This game now has a dollar menu, and a built in "get out of jail free card" system now where players who put x amount of effort into mastering something can now be on an even play field with someone who has put a tenth of the work into the same effort. The loadout system feels like a pool of oil and water where all the oil floating is the auto rifles/bomb experts/specters/new maps etc. Have now poisoned the life giving waters of what made the original meta game interesting as well as immersive. 1.07 will leave you detached from everything that made factions, factions.
Message 14 of 27 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

Anecdotal evidence is fine, but I'd like to see some official pool statistics from ND (pre-1.07 and post-1.07 numbers).

I don't think that TLOU 1.07 is as bad as UC2 1.05, but to each his own.

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 15 of 27 (120 Views)
Wastelander
464 posts

May 9, 2014

I find the game a lot better now than it was before. I still think bomb expert 3 + smoke (especially on wharf) was a terrible idea but ebsides that I am ok. The weapons seem very well balanced for most cases.

Scavenger is an awesome perk for aggresive players. It has saved me so many times.

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Message 16 of 27 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

May 9, 2014

Full Auto rifle (Full Noobs Rifle) shouldn't be on this game. It requires NO SKILL to shot and you can kill in a really easy way. 

About Wharf, I think is a good map. Yes, it is everything you said but we needed a map like that in this game, otherwise is gonna be like you're playing always the same type of gameplay. The biggest difference between the maps are in the 1st maps pack (NOT DLC) where almost every map is different in aaaall the ways you can say, but in this third DLC there are no long range combat maps, this maps are really close in every sense and I like it because we have a lot of different stuff in the scene to play with. 

Scavenger is a uselss perk. for those loadout points you should get something to craft for each down, because you're not gonna get 20 downs each game, so you're not getting ''a lot'' of stuff.

Nothing to add to Gunslinger, Damage Marker, SharpShooter or Awareness. USELESS PERKS.

DLC has only 3 days old and I don't see a lot of different players (5 hours playing dialy and I feel like I always play with the same guys) give it more time and you may find this map fun once you know how to play it.

They see me posting. They hating.
Message 17 of 27 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3676 posts

May 9, 2014
^FAR is not an easy gun. It doesn't down easily. If your opponent is moving or has any help, FAR user dies. If he has a BR or SAR and was aiming at the beginning of the fight, the FAR has a less than 50% chance of winning that confrontation (assuming player skills are even). Balanced imo

Scavenger is a great skill. I don't understand your complaint.

@CowJedi I love your videos, but I disagree with your assessment here. Stick around and adapt. Keep making fun videos man :smileyhappy:
Message 18 of 27 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

May 9, 2014

Before the patch the Machete was a perfect ambush weapon with it's damage output and now it's used by rushers, thanks Naughty Doge.  

忍びの者
Message 19 of 27 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9665 posts

May 9, 2014
You're making it sound like rushing is a bad thing lol.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 20 of 27 (78 Views)