Lombax Warrior
78 posts

Re: What was Right/Where to Improve 1.07

May 9, 2014
Scavenger IS a great skill but the fact that you automatically pick up ammo by running over it is redundant. For 5 loadout points it should automatically be picked up without travel is what I'm saying.

The FAR is by far the easiest weapon to use! Just point and hold down the trigger - it's a get out of jail free card for shiv bats, machetes, and pretty much everything... I got 10+ downs and executions with literally a tenth of the effort it took me to use the rifle... And if you have sharpshooter it's even dumber! They over powered the avatar strength to be on the same ground as players who've put in 10x more effort.

Also I'm noticing a significant increase in Molotovs, bombs and smokes because players aren't crafting shiv bats, they're crafting a bomb+Molotov at every box!
Message 21 of 27 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2812 posts

May 9, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Anecdotal evidence is fine, but I'd like to see some official pool statistics from ND (pre-1.07 and post-1.07 numbers).

"We saw about a 42% boost in players the day the DLC released compared to the previous Tuesday."

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/255ssk/iama_erin_daly_lead_multiplayer_designer_and/

Just like I predicted it. ND made the game more fast-paced/casual-friendly to attract more players and thus make the pool bigger.

Still though, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the UC2 1.05 fiasco.

Message 22 of 27 (100 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1060 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2014

The scavenger ability also should collect  supplies from  boxes. It's silly to pick up all the ammo and supplies from enemies but as easy thing you have to stoop to pick it up.

The first time I approached the box expected to collect automatically  the supplies... I was fool!

Message 23 of 27 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

May 9, 2014
There's so much here for me to disagree with that I'm not even going to bother responding to it. Yes I read it.
Message 24 of 27 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
78 posts

May 10, 2014
I don't mind disagreements, that's what this post is for, by the way, giving your take and using what I posted as a catalyst to form a broader spectrum of understanding. I'm not locked into my opinion and forever will be, so don't be shy to disagree and state why. Please don't just say you disagree and leave, post a meaningful response.

Agreed, scavenger should at least pick up supplies. In addition fortitude is the best perk in this game. 3 loadout points gets you so many perks! 50% more downed health, 2x longer bleed out time, start with health kit, able to hold 4 health kits, and 2x increased crawl speed! There's nothing balanced about that... In fact, make it 5 loadout points and add that YOU can be revived faster, like a reverse reviver or something.

I mean c'mon that's THE DAY the DLC was released, everyone was on! And they had live streams, and all that stuff. I think you're right about it not being as bad as UC, but seriously every game I play is garbage. Molotovs, bombs and smokes all day, explosion expert+ vbomb expert, full autos for everyone, no fun allowed!!

Message 25 of 27 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3390 posts

[ Edited ]
May 10, 2014
Scavenger is more powerful than you think.

You act like the only thing you get from 5 LP is picking up supplies. In reality, you get DOUBLE the ammo from kills, DOUBLE. This is extremely amazing,you are definitely undermining its power.
Awareness is not bad, its great. You can find out where campers are when they set up bombs around the hotel in lakeside. You see their nametags, you'll know if they are running for you or not..Imma agree with you on fortitude, its truly amazing.
"if all multiplayers were just for fun it would be boring."
Message 26 of 27 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
78 posts

May 11, 2014

I've seldom had the issue of no ammo because i ONLY grab supply boxes if i need ammo, or health, and I get way more than i know what to do with when I'm picking up ammo from downed/executed enemies + supply boxes etc.  I've seldom had to purchase ammo as well.  5 loadout points to earn 2x mroe ammo is certainly helpful but that's an absurd amount of loadout points JUST for that and a random crafting item.  Like many have said, it should automatically pick up items from supply box too. 

Message 27 of 27 (42 Views)
0 Likes