Sep 20 2013
By: ProfessorTurnip Lombax Warrior 106 posts
Accepted Solution

When can we expect the machete patch?

57 replies 732 views Edited Sep 20, 2013

Any news  when we can expect the patch that buffs the machete and the armour buff for burst?

Do you think the machete should act the same as a modded 2x4, for 4 load out points, it should at least do that . Also, when an enemy is downed, should only take one hack withthe machete for an exeution, not two.

Message 1 of 58 (732 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Re: When can we expect the machete patch?

Sep 20, 2013

Since the 2x4 is free the machete should be better than the 2x4 or its pointless wasting load out points on something that is inferior to something that is free.

Message 2 of 58 (709 Views)
Sackboy
486 posts

Sep 20, 2013

The 2x4 isn't really free as you need several material to craft it, but overall the machette seems fine as it it power wise, it's the 2x4 who is way too efficient, it seems kinda ridiculous to see some people having modded 2x4 for the whole lenght of a match, the amount of time you can recraft the same 2x4 should be limited.

Kinda believe the machette could have a special execution similar to the shiv one if you sneak behind someone tho.

Message 3 of 58 (704 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

The 2x4 is free. The 2x4 costs 0 load out points and the machete costs 4 load out points. The machete that you just bought kills a guy the same as a free 2x4 without binding and blade. Both the machete and 2x4 need binding and blade and even then you get the same amount of kills with both even though the machete costs 4 load out points and costs hundreds to buy yet the 2x4 is free. Then when you take into account that the 2x4 wins everytime over the machete then until the machete becomes better at killing than the 2x4 theres no reason to waste load out points or parts on the machete.

Message 4 of 58 (700 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I can see how the machete may seem bad from the Supply Raid and Interrogation point of view, but from Survivors point of view, the weapon is fine. You can't carry over your upgraded 2x4 between rounds in there and it's a pretty rare find after the first round. But you will carry over your machete and any upgrades made to it. There's even a bug that replenishes machete uses between rounds. If you keep on upgrading over and over, you won't need to buy it a second time, like you have to do with other purchasable weapons once their ammo runs out.

Stuff like not being able to execute with one hit can be a problem, but if you will use only one weapon for everything, you'll find that most of them have issues like this. Execute the guy with special execution, or use your gun. There's no need to rely on the machete for everything you know.

Also, the machete has faster attacks that 2x4. It's fast enough to get two slashes between two Shorty shots even after Shorty got buffed. It also does more damage than normal 2x4, which does nearly 90% of opponent's HP. That way, you only need one shot, or one punch to down them.

In the end I see no problem with machete, it's attacks and it's cost. It looks well balanced to me. And if machete doesn't do it for you, you can always use shotgun, or flamethrower, which are not only cheaper, but are also very deadly from up close.

Message 5 of 58 (698 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 20, 2013

Sentiel makes a good debate for survivors mode but I make a good debate for supply raid and interrogation modes.

Message 6 of 58 (696 Views)
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7102 posts

Sep 20, 2013

The machete itself isn't useless persay, but the cost in order to maintain it in both materials, loadout points, and parts are all impractical when taking into account that there are cheaper better purchaseables for its range and a cheaper(free) better melee weapon available in the match.

To make it worthwhile to use as a purchaseable you need to spend 4 loadout points + another 3 for brawler 2 to give it those 3 extra hits so that it lasts a decent length of downs.

All that needs to be done is to either make it worth that cost with some of the suggested buffs people had for it or to either make it cheaper to use as a purchaseable.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 58 (668 Views)
Fender Bender
3418 posts

Sep 20, 2013
^ I agree, the Machete needs some sort of Buff, although if they do anything like let you stealth and smoke kill enemies, you shouldn't be able to find it in crates unless it's your purchasable.
Message 8 of 58 (635 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Sep 20, 2013
So basically what you are saying is its inbalanced for supply raid and interrogation, but balanced for survivors?

Message 9 of 58 (604 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Sep 20, 2013

I wouldn't say it's a balance issue. I don't see anything wrong with the weapon itself. It's just that it's worth is different depeding on which of the modes you play. But that is not an issue in itself as well. It only makes the weapon unique.

Quite frankly, with the flamethrower buff, machete is being overshadowed by it. For only 2 loadout points, you get a weapon that is not OP, even up close and machete will down a flamethrower user quickly. However, at the same time, the flamethrower user executes the guys who downed him. That further reduces the options to use machete viably. I'm trying to say that unless there are special circumstances, out of the close range weapons, the machete is the worst. It's best feature is that if you use it cleverly, you don't need to ever buy it again and save up on parts for different things. That actually makes it ideal for those that want to spend parts on weapon upgrades and armour, while still having something that will give them an edge when the fights get too personal.

Message 10 of 58 (592 Views)