Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5983 posts

Re: When can we expect the machete patch?

Oct 4, 2013

If it is ok for only 1 mode, that is still a problem. It should have use or be effective across all modes. The thing that makes the machete a constant problem is the modded 2x4 and since usually 6/8 players get one at the start of every match and there are some who can maintain mods on it through basically the whole game, it makes the machete difficult to use effectively. Sometimes not worth the cost put into it which is 4-7 loadout points, now that is pretty ridiculous considering how much more effective the other purchaseables are and that the other melee weapon is so abundant in games.

Those 5 hits it has is only 2 1/2 kills, while a fully modded 2x4 gives you 4 kills.

photo Sniper.png
Message 41 of 58 (147 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

Well, if it's against upgraded 2x4, I always shoot the guy from distance and then hit him once. The Machete is fast enough to down him before he can swing that nailboard of his. I think you guys just expect too much of it. You want to have the ultimate cqc weapon for those 4 Loadout Points, or at least that's how it looks to me. While you already have the ultimate CQC weapon already. Shotgun.

Message 42 of 58 (126 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Machete balancing

3 load out points

350 parts to purchase

/thread

Message 43 of 58 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

Sentiel you shouldn't have to use another weapon to make the machete effective. The machete should be able to kill faster than the 2x4 on its own or IMO the 2x4 is better therefore why bother with the machete unless using it in survivors? The machete is inferior to the 2x4 so until it becomes better than the 2x4 its not worth 4 load out points plus costing hundreds of parts when I can get a 2x4 that is better and free and lasts the whole match. @ Ender your suggestion still makes the machete inferior to the 2x4 so whats the point in using it? Theres no point in using it until it becomes better than the 2x4. Now if you make it pwn 2x4 users by killing 2x4 users faster than 2x4 users can kill them then more people will pick the machete up, especially if its load out points are dropped and its cost is dropped but having its load out points and cost dropped alone wont make much of a difference.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 44 of 58 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1153 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 5, 2013

Flamethrower - 2pts - Can stop the one hit stick
Assault Rifle - 3pts - Can stop the one hit stick
El Diablo - 3 pts - Can stop the one hit stick without armor
Shotgun 3pts - Can completely stop the one hit stick
Military Sniper - 4pts - When used like an El Diablo, can stop the one hit stick
Machete 4 pts - An actual melee weapon, cannot stop the one hit stick

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 45 of 58 (110 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5983 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Sentiel wrote:

Well, if it's against upgraded 2x4, I always shoot the guy from distance and then hit him once. The Machete is fast enough to down him before he can swing that nailboard of his. I think you guys just expect too much of it. You want to have the ultimate cqc weapon for those 4 Loadout Points, or at least that's how it looks to me. All the while while you already have the ultimate CQC weapon already. Shotgun.

You just answered part of the problem. Why buy the machete if you can use the shotgun which costs less loadout points to use in cqc.

photo Sniper.png
Message 46 of 58 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Oct 5, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Sentiel wrote:

Well, if it's against upgraded 2x4, I always shoot the guy from distance and then hit him once. The Machete is fast enough to down him before he can swing that nailboard of his. I think you guys just expect too much of it. You want to have the ultimate cqc weapon for those 4 Loadout Points, or at least that's how it looks to me. All the while while you already have the ultimate CQC weapon already. Shotgun.

You just answered part of the problem. Why buy the machete if you can use the shotgun which costs less loadout points to use in cqc.

Because, as I already said, Machete is easier to use and costs less Parts to maintain.

Message 47 of 58 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5983 posts

Oct 5, 2013

don't see how easier machete is since you have to avoid anyone still using a modded 2x4 and to 'maintain' it you gotta have a constant supply of blades and binding which if you're doing fairly well, the welfare system will give you nothing. I consider the loadout points quite a high cost and not worth it, 4 whole loadout points for that thing, and to make it last a bit longer, you gotta add an additional 3 on top of that, literally have of your loadout points dedicated to that thing to make it somewhat of a viable option and it still loses to other purchaseables and a modded 2x4 head to head easily.

photo Sniper.png
Message 48 of 58 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Oct 5, 2013

How is it easier? Press square button. No need to aim or anything, just get close and mash the button to oblivion. You can still miss with the Shotgun easily, but missing with the Machete requires talent. For one purchase of both, you get 2 Shotgun slugs and 2 Machete slashes, but unlike the Shotgun, you can evade spending additional Parts to keep the weapon working by upgrading it, or by abusing a bug with the Survivors mode.

Maintaining it is easier on the Parts because in Supply Raid and Interrogation, you can get two sets of material to upgrade it early on and keep them between spawns. In each Interrogation I've played, unless I killed someone early on, I always found two sets of Binding and Scissors in the first 2-3 supply boxes. Just go and raid those boxes before slaughtering enemy team so that welfare doesn't cripple you. Not to mention that if it does kick in, then you can't even get 2x4 and so the Machete becomes your only available melee weapon.

In Survivors, the game is stupid enough to replenish your base Machete uses between rounds and unlike 2x4, you can actually keep the Machete between rounds, which enables you to have an acess to a melee weapon while everybody else can't even get 2x4 after the first round, or two, thanks to the welfare system.

Upgraded, even without Brawler, the Machete has 4 hits, each worth 80% of enemy's HP. One punch, Revolver, or SAR shot is enough to down the guy, in case you don't want to waste another Machete use on the remaining 20% of his HP. Brawler adds only 1 use, so there's no need to use Brawler at all, unless you want the 10% HP regen. The extra use is probably to compensate for the lack of OHKO attack.

This thread is about the Machete, not 2x4. If your argument is that the Machete can't beat upgraded 2x4, perhaps you should bash on the 2x4 instead of the Machete. As someone who uses the Machete at times, I deal with all upgraded 2x4 guys the same way. One shot from Revolver to legs and one Machete hack. Downed. Machete has faster attack than upgraded 2x4, so there's no danger of getting downed unless the 2x4 guy jumps you, or there's some sort of unholy lag involved.

You just have to stop expecting to get a super weapon for those 4 points. It's not that. It's a reliable and deadly melee weapon for cases when 2x4 is not available, or when you can't upgrade the 2x4.

Message 49 of 58 (82 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1063 posts

Oct 5, 2013

Sentiel what kind of debate is ... Oh well I always beat 2x4 users when I shoot them with revolver then machete them? ... Your saying the machete is only effective when using another weapon. Thats a terrible argument because your saying it needs another weapon to make it effective. Oh well the 9mm is a awesome gun, its amazing when used with the shotgun. This debate is not about how effective the machete is when combined with other weapons, its about the machete on its own so stop bringing weapon combinations in as a way to make the machete look good. Anyone can claim a weapon is good when combined with another weapon.

ATTENTION :- On Gamefaqs forums you get modded when you have done something wrong but on Naughty Dog forums you and your thread sometimes gets modded when someone else does something wrong in your thread. How is it right to mod person A for person B's words? Because of Rizzlard7 starting trouble in the Do you Teabag Gesture thread he caused the author of that thread to get modded. I then got modded for starting a teabag thread because of Rizzlard7 previous comments my thread got deleted and I got modded even though no one had started anything in my thread. Being modded for what others say is wrong and mods shouldn't get away with it. lovely1rainbow has wrongly modded me twice for other peoples words.
Message 50 of 58 (77 Views)
0 Likes