Wastelander
639 posts

Re: ¿Who is she? [Multiplayer Skin]

Sep 12, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

TwinSnakes89 wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

I always wondered, how are there girls in the hunter side? I mean in pittsburgh we did not see a single girl on the side with hunters...weird

You don't fight female fireflies either do you? Maybe you do , I can't remember :smileysad:

you don't, but Marlene is the leader of fireflies and you get plenty of pendants of fireflies I'm pretty sure some with female names. You only see 1 female firefly, but it at least implies there are females. in Pittsburgh it is all guys, and the few women you see or hear about are killed around them.

Alot of bummings going on then 

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2577 posts

Sep 12, 2013

KarateChampChad wrote:

Its Sarah

all grown up and killing people for their shoes

daddy would be so proud

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (202 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Sep 12, 2013

You don't see female hunters in single play because ND was avoiding an uproar over having to choke out/shiv women.  I can't think of any society/tribe/clan in human history so savage as to not value women to some degree.  The same would apply in a world beyond the rule of law, there would be women with any sizeable group, how they are treated within that group would vary greatly, as decimated as the human population is, I would hope that their labor and contributions would be valued enough to place them on equal or near-equal standing.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5272 posts

Sep 12, 2013

well considering the ending of the game, they seem ok in showing women dying. as well as in mp you have the ability (some of us anyway) to blow off a females head.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1571 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Actually, ND has said that reason for no female hunters or fireflies was simply because of time. Maybe they didn't have enough models made or voices?

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

You don't see female hunters in single play because ND was avoiding an uproar over having to choke out/shiv women.  I can't think of any society/tribe/clan in human history so savage as to not value women to some degree.  The same would apply in a world beyond the rule of law, there would be women with any sizeable group, how they are treated within that group would vary greatly, as decimated as the human population is, I would hope that their labor and contributions would be valued enough to place them on equal or near-equal standing.

Have you ever read "The Stand"?  It has some very interesting things to say about the place of women in a world where there are basically no rules.  It's something that game devs have to walk a fine line with. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

Have you ever read "The Stand"?  

I love Pokerizing people.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1166 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Shiny_Pony_ wrote:

Banting-Best wrote:

Have you ever read "The Stand"?  

I love Pokerizing people.

0_o

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2577 posts

Sep 13, 2013

Banting-Best wrote:

Miharu_Tansho wrote:

Have you ever read "The Stand"?  It has some very interesting things to say about the place of women in a world where there are basically no rules.  It's something that game devs have to walk a fine line with. 

they make fat guys miserable

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (87 Views)
0 Likes