Aug 31 2013
By: saf100792 Lombax Warrior 228 posts

Why are good players punished in this game?

13 replies 410 views Edited Aug 31, 2013

Ok, I don't post much but this issue has annoyed me to the point that i have to get it out lol. Why are the good players or even better than average players punished in this game by way of the item crates? like seriously?

For example. Earlier i played a match on University( i think thats the name) where i flanked a few guys and took them out by the middle crate on the second floor. My teammates were in a firefight with the guys. I took em out and we all went to the crate. Everyone gets a wood stick but me. Now mind you this is the beginning of the game. So they're all still 0-0 while i'm 3-0.

Why is it that everyone gets the stick but me because im doing better. Thats not fair. Especially when its the very beginning of the game. It literally kills all chances of a melee kill for me except shivs because now everyone has sticks with the blades on em and i'm running around with fists. I can't be the only who feels this way. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 14 (410 Views)
Limit Breaker
17374 posts

Re: Why are good players punished in this game?

Aug 31, 2013

saf100792 wrote:

Ok, I don't post much but this issue has annoyed me to the point that i have to get it out lol. Why are the good players or even better than average players punished in this game by way of the item crates? like seriously?

For example. Earlier i played a match on University( i think thats the name) where i flanked a few guys and took them out by the middle crate on the second floor. My teammates were in a firefight with the guys. I took em out and we all went to the crate. Everyone gets a wood stick but me. Now mind you this is the beginning of the game. So they're all still 0-0 while i'm 3-0.

Why is it that everyone gets the stick but me because im doing better. Thats not fair. Especially when its the very beginning of the game. It literally kills all chances of a melee kill for me except shivs because now everyone has sticks with the blades on em and i'm running around with fists. I can't be the only who feels this way. 

Player welfare is the game's paradigm, to make the game more competitive.

The idea is that if poorer players are **bleep**hammered constantly, they will quit.  Supposedly, in larger numbers than good players will quit for being 'punished.'

You're not the only one who feels this way, but it's a good idea.

I once went back through my game history on Uncharted 2.  They kept the stats all the way back to launch.  I noticed that playesr who were routinely hammered, and went 1-9 or 3-12 etc., in deathmatch, quit a lot more than players who were simply mediaoce, 5-8 or 4-7 etc.   ND is obviously working on that line of thinking,.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 2 of 14 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
75 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Yeah when everyone gets a scissor stick and I don't because I killed someone before getting to the second box is quite annoying. Also going around and hitting every box but only getting enough to craft a smoke bomb because you're winning is aggravating. But I honestly don't mind the welfare system too much, because I've been on the other side and getting stomped by a team isn't fun, so giving them more items to stomp us even harder is enough to make someone rage quit. Also 9 times out of 10 the welfare system isn't enough to help the losing team win. I think it's fine
Message 3 of 14 (379 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Aug 31, 2013
This was the case in Uncharted 3's multiplayer too. NaughtyDog caters to the noobs and the losing team.

Down by five? Here's 3 molotovs.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 4 of 14 (359 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Sep 1, 2013
They want to give them a fighting chance. If your good you dont need a stick. Lol
Message 5 of 14 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 1, 2013
Its not that i have a problem with the welfare system. I just think everyone should be given a fair shot in the beginning. I think the first round of items in the boxes should be static. Then go from there. Its frustrating when melee gets thrown out the window from the very beginning
Message 6 of 14 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Sep 1, 2013
Trust me melee should be a last resort. You shouldnt rely on it.
Message 7 of 14 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 1, 2013
Oh i don't lol. But sometimes its unavoidable. And in those times i'd like to at least have a fair chance.
Message 8 of 14 (266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Sep 1, 2013
You see. You are saying you need it. Distance yourself ever at cq. Go for headshots. Easy downs
Message 9 of 14 (253 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2013

Unavoidable?

When someone rushed to land a stick in your neck, it's almost guaranteed you will go down. Regardless you have a stick or not. Lags make players gods. LOL

Add Machete into your purchasable if you foresee yourself using melee weapon unavoidably. Smiley Wink

Getting a stick means you will get to use it 2x (Brawler 1) and rebind them during the match. When you already killed people with bullets, they don't want to give you a 1 hit melee weapon which can be available to you throughout the match (rebind).

It's understandable where this is coming from, from ND. If you can kill 3 players right from the start, like someone said, why not go for headshots with Hunting Rifle then??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 10 of 14 (215 Views)
0 Likes