Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6076 posts

Re: Why don't you use the SAR??

Apr 9, 2014

cdub420-- wrote:

.....here we go again.

Glad to see things havn't changed much around here lol. In all honesty, the SAR is way too powerful in relation to the other load-out weapons. It really needs to be nerfed. As things stand, there is no point in picking in any other load-out weapon... unless you are:

A)Actively seeking a challenge

or

B)Are just looking to mix things up a bit

The SAR does it all and does it extremely well. Why choose any other gun when you have one gun that excels in every situation and has absolutely zero negative aspects at all? 

Fix your game ND! It is ridiculous this game has almost been out for a year and this issue hasn't been addressed in any meaningful way. 

ROFL @ INCAN for threatening to leave the game if ND nerfs the SAR....what a crybaby haha 

this post is way off-topic and has nothing to do with what the OP said. Way to be such a troll and try to derail the thread... smh

photo Sniper.png
Message 81 of 114 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2151 posts

Apr 9, 2014
@cdub420-- I assume you never played Uncharted 3. Asking Naughty Dog to nerf weapons won't achieved anything, if they do, everyone will use either Burst Rifle or Bow instead. Buffing weapons works better.

Besides, at least wait for DLC 3, you'll have a bunch of new weapons to complain about. :smileywink:
Pepsi
Message 82 of 114 (409 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4738 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014

l-Silhouettes-l wrote:

Once again, people fail to see the big picture.

There's a reason "jack of all trades" weapons exist in MP games. AK in UC2, M9 in UC3, SAR in TLOU, Rumbler in KZ etc.

And the reason is that we only have around 5-10k players (according to ND). Nerf the SAR and then you'll see the player pool shrinking even more.

I was also against the welfare system, but after ND gave us some hard numbers, I changed my mind. The welfare system is like the SAR: both of them motivate casual players to stay and therefore keep the pool healthy. Sounds like a fair compromise if you ask me.

Disclaimer: this comes from someone who rarely uses the SAR and usually gets the short end of the stick when it comes to welfare goodness.

Oh man, this gun (along with it's sister gun, the Keyser) is truly the definition of Jack of All Trades. More like Master Of All Trades Except For Mere Excellence In A Few. You think the SAR is strong? If you added a grenade launcher to the SAR with four rounds and default Sharpshooter 3 then you'd have the Rumbler/Keyser.

Let's put it into context:

- Sickle (KZ's shotgun) is about 6s with the Keyser at CQC effectiveness.

- Rumbler/Keyser absolutely own everything from mid-range

- Only at long ranges does a sniper like the Fors/Kamaraad/Vulter outduel a Rumbler/Keyser but because of the grenade launcher and Assualt's shield this only applies if they don't know your location. This is rare and ineffective in any other mode except TDM.

- Scrubs literally run around with a buddy drone or boost with nothing but the launcher until it runs out. It practically aims for you if you point in the general area and the only drawback is it occassionally isn't a 1HK.

Message 83 of 114 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2608 posts

Apr 9, 2014

I was into the SAR/Revolver/Flamethrowah combo-wombo before it became mainstream with the cats, yo

Now I'm a  burstin' shortin' homie with a homeslicin' machete and ah R.E.P. da KREW every six months by horribly losing cuz winnin' is for mainstream cats, yo

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 84 of 114 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1161 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014
As much as I'd like the SARHARDS to be nerfed PROPERLY. It's hard to trust naughty dog to do it.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 85 of 114 (345 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Apr 9, 2014

Nerfing stuff 2 months before the PS4 version is released sounds like bad marketing to me.

If you have a PS4, then you'll see less SAR tryhards. Injecting "fresh blood" in the pool is always better than nerfs. :smileywink:

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 86 of 114 (341 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

The Bow is Beast

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2014

Because the Bow is the best weapon to use 90% of the time. The only time I go semi-auto is when going against a coordinated team of rushers AND my team sucks. Other than that, the Bow is always the best weapon to go with.  

Unlike most players, I don't try to have head-up shootouts with other players. I try to figure out where the enemy team is, and then sneak myself behind them to flank. I never confront the enemy unless I think I have a positional/awareness advantage (sometimes this means going all the way around the map for a successful flank). Usually, I try to put myself in a position where the enemy is sandwhiched between myself and my team. I then wait for the enemy to divert their attention to my team, then I catch them by surprise.

Once I put myself into this advantageous position, this is where the benefits of the Bow really shines. For example, if I manage to get behind 2-3 players, I can down the first guy and his teammates won't know I'm right behind them (usually they'll think the arrows came from where my team is - the OPPOSITE of where I am). Literally, I get half of my kills by downing one enemy, waiting for his teammate to try to revive him, downing him, waiting for another teammate to try to revive, and then downing him, etc.

This cannot be done with any other weapon. Even silenced weapons leave bullets streaks and gun sounds. However, with the Bow, I can literally get 15 feet behind a team, and they won't be able to hear my shooting. The silence of the Bow is beastly. I guess if your style of play is to heads-up confront the enemy and try to out-aim them, then the SAR is better. But if you're the type of player who places priority on positional/awareness advantage over than aiming advantage, then the Bow is the way to go. A successful flank can straight-up disrupt coordination even against semi-decent clans.

Also, I almost never run out of ammo with the Bow. The fact that 2 arrows downs a team, 1 arrow breaks armor, 1 arrow executes, AND you get 3 arrows from looting dead bodies AND you can pick up random Bows up from the environment means I'm almost never buying ammo. I can't say that for any other gun. Did I meantion it's silent?

Message 87 of 114 (318 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Re: The Bow is Beast

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2014

czar-nicholas-ii-1868-1918-czar-everett.jpg

Message 88 of 114 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Apr 10, 2014
^
^
I don't think a weapon is OP if it's strictly situational like that.

If you are in the back of a unaware team, bow works.
If you are camping from a high level and enemy is far away, snipping works.
If you are in a 1vs1 with uncovered close enemy, BR works.
If you are looking for challenge, Shorty/machete works.
If you are looking for fun, FT works.

Sar is situational too. It only works if you are playing Tlou, factions and you want to win.
Message 89 of 114 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 12, 2014

BR_Empresario wrote:
^
^
I don't think a weapon is OP if it's strictly situational like that.

If you are in the back of a unaware team, bow works.
If you are camping from a high level and enemy is far away, snipping works.
If you are in a 1vs1 with uncovered close enemy, BR works.
If you are looking for challenge, Shorty/machete works.
If you are looking for fun, FT works.

Sar is situational too. It only works if you are playing Tlou, factions and you want to win.

Who said it was overpowered?

Message 90 of 114 (217 Views)
0 Likes