Sackboy
461 posts

Re: Why is this suddenly "Molotov Deathmatch"??

Jul 9, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

AnArmyOfOne wrote:

tripleWRECK wrote:
Either limit molotovs to one per person or nerf Explosives Expert.

You added nothing to the conversation. 

Let's just leave this alone. It's not like you start out with a molotov anyway. I can barely manage to craft one most times, when I do it's usually towards the end of the match anyway. 

Didn't need to since this guy said what needs to be done. 

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 56 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Unless you use collector 3 your gonna get maybe 2 or 3 molotovs a game save for gifts.

Compared to people endlessly buying armor its balanced Imo.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 56 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Jul 9, 2013

lvankov wrote:

Welcome to Molotovia, population, a lot.

Hates when you manage to barely escape the BBQ fatality to see the guy just pull a second molotov.

LOL When that happens I just give up and burn.

Although one time I got someone with the nail plank right before. You can bet I did a smoke blow gesture before exceuting him.

I'll admit that I'd love to play the Last of Us 2: Among Hunters and The Last of Us 3: Joel's Deception. Thing is, Joel already was a hunter and he already deceived Ellie. So crap.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 56 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Jul 9, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

What about reducing the number of health kits laying around or increasing the spawn times of the health kits?  This theretically could reduce the number of moltovs because people would have to think twice whether to craft a health kit or craft a moltov.  Or is this a bad idea because it punishes players who don't spam moltovs (if they do exist)?

I'm pretty sure most knowledgable players only craft medkits in an emergency and save their items for moltovs.

You'd just punish people trying to get some health.

Most players don't care about lives as much as their next kill, and will happily craft a molotov instead anyway.

I'll admit that I'd love to play the Last of Us 2: Among Hunters and The Last of Us 3: Joel's Deception. Thing is, Joel already was a hunter and he already deceived Ellie. So crap.
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 56 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Jul 9, 2013

KingdomSlayah wrote:

The molotov is FINE. I've killed a fair share of molotov users by using different tactics. You see a guy with a molotov? You run and flank him. Better yet, kill him before he gets the chance to throw it. That works too :smileywink:

This only works at people who aren't good with molotovs. Once someone rushes and nail planks them, the next time they'll just lead the throw.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 56 (157 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6393 posts

Aug 4, 2013

Alright so NOW Molotovs are an issue because they are too common. Supply Raid is litterally Molotov Deathmatch and a camper's best friend. 

The ability to make so many Molotovs in a game is too much. I literally die by them more than Bombs, Guns, Bow, Shivs combined.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 56 (123 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Aug 4, 2013

Thank you for making this thread on the front page again, this game is quickly getting out of hand. In Survivor it is even worse every item I gift is a molotov and most of the items I get from gifts are molotovs. Now if I don't have at least 2 molotovs, then there is a problem. I played a guy who had a molotov at the beginning of every one the 14 rounds of Survivor I played with him after only visiting one supply box and said his teammates were able to gift him molotovs every time. 

Seriously EE2 needs some changes because games are being less about skill and more about who has the most crafters to gift molotovs. I'm gonna changed the name to "The Bombs of Us" if things don't change. 

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 56 (119 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6393 posts

Aug 4, 2013

It's no problem. The built in search feature is very nice when you go to make new threads. :smileyvery-happy: 

Besides that, I agree. Crafter 3 and EE2 has seen a HUGE increase in play and Molotovs are ruining the game. Even though Naughty Dog said they are looking into balancing EE2 with the next patch, Molotovs are STILL going to be too common. Realistically, they should not be able to be made with Crafter. How about Shivs instead?

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 56 (116 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Aug 4, 2013

Zenn3000 wrote:

I just with the hitbox was a bit better.

Seems like it lands no where near me and insta-kills me, but I basically break the **bleep** thing on their foreheads and only damage them slightly.

This is my experience as well.  I saw a teammate throw one yesterday on the roof on Bill's Town next to a guy that I fired on and considering where I saw it land and the assist I got, the enemy probably should have been out of range but he wasn't.  I was kind of shaking my head on the splash radius of it cause I know I've thrown molotovs just as close to enemies with no results :smileyindifferent:

And as someone above mentioned, people roll out multiples of these at a time.  Guy barely missed me in a match and I thought I was safe but nope, he lobbed another one and nailed me and when I died, I saw he had a third ready for a teammate.  Too many confrontations in this game result in people unloading their supply of throwables and having a fresh stock ready by the next confrontation or two.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 56 (109 Views)
First Son
18 posts

Aug 4, 2013

I find it hard to believe that anyone thinks the molotovs are fine. Of course, there are a handful on this forum who defend the status quo pretty much whatever.

They are too common by half. It should be extremely rare to get more than two in a match. The problem for me is that, as a good player who plays with a good teammate, we almost always start off matches by dominating our opponents. We get less stuff out of the parts boxes, and then they start getting more. The more we dominate early on the more molotovs our opponents get to chuck at us.

We've played matches where we've had 10 kill leads eroded because suddenly our opponents are able to chuck bombs and molotovs at us like they're disposable. Whatever anyone says, while you can often deal with a single molotovs in someone's hand, when you're talking about multiple ones it's really a case of whether they screw it up or not.

Molotovs have become a different type of weapon as they have become super common. In my view, they should be the thing you keep in your backpack for the perfect moment, or for the moment you have no other choice. Increasingly, they are common enough to become a "as soon as you have one, throw it" weapon. You can only imagine this getting worse too. As more people work out the ways to exploit the various flawed game mechanics, we'll see more molotovs, more bombs, and more upgraded sticks. So we can all look forward to dying repeatedly in ways which aren't really preventable even more than we already do.

So now I can wait for a handful of lazy responses from lazy status quo lovers. I'd love to believe that someone will reply with a decent counter argument, but I'm sure they won't.

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 56 (93 Views)
0 Likes