14139 posts

Re: Why the new Mercenary Mode is a bad idea

Jun 21, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Classic is actually good.

HELLLLLL No.

lol.. I've actually had fun with it.

It should have been a lot better than it was with all the ideas they were given though.

Still.. Hardcore was better. It felt like it was finished.

Classic isn't half as bad as Three Team DM, Hunter or FFA

Message 21 of 144 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 21, 2013

@Aure That's yor opinion and experience, and I respect that. Smiley Very Happy

@ this thread

Meanwhile, in a parallel universe:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/People-in-parties-in-Uncharted-...

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 22 of 144 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

scootgar wrote:

So we've already become the Uncharted forums.  Welcome to the place people complain about the possibility of something assumed real.

ND announced it. It's official. It's releasing in the coming weeks. 

Lol @ all the people getting mad. I like Mercenary Mode, there's nothing wrong with it. I just don't think it fits well with this game. In the coming months, I see this game averaging maybe 10k-15k people. That's not a whole lot compared to a lot of the games out there, and with two different modes of the same game types, I just find it kind of pointless. 

...and to answer some of the other questions, I do play solo quite a bit. I'm not always in parties. I know what it's like to get steamrolled and be the last man alive. But I like that. I like the challenge. Isn't that the whole point of competitive multiplayer... to be competitive? It gets boring destroying everyone over and over, and over and over. 

Message 23 of 144 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

CoD had about 9000 last time I checked a few weeks ago.

Actually the modes with the least players in COD are the league play playlists.

Mercenary modes are vital to all video games. They keep people happy if they don't have friends.

If there are going to only be small amounts of players for mercenary then you have nothing to worry about.

If you play parties all the time? Well.. I guess it was fine to stomp those unpartied newbies.

I have nothing against newbie stomping. But we both know party vs party is fair.

You must play on Xbox then, because on PS3 the average players online is 300k, and I see maybe 500 people tops on Mercenary, because I play it sometimes myself. Trust me, I know. 

I don't even have an XBOX. It also depends what time of the day you are on it. Numbers change throughout the day.

There's still 70 - 100k people playing MW3 daily, I can't see BO2 having less than 200k daily players.

Message 24 of 144 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17049 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

scootgar wrote:

So we've already become the Uncharted forums.  Welcome to the place people complain about the possibility of something assumed real.

ND announced it. It's official. It's releasing in the coming weeks. 

But your catastrophic effect on player pools isn't.

can I ask your source for TLoU player numbers?

[ 39 ]
Message 25 of 144 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 22, 2013

This won't really split the player pool since the play list is still pretty small, TLOU has already sold over a million the player pool will be even bigger by the time the patch arrives. 

Message 26 of 144 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Mercenary modes are vital to all video games. They keep people happy if they don't have friends.

If there are going to only be small amounts of players for mercenary then you have nothing to worry about.

If you play parties all the time? Well.. I guess it was fine to stomp those unpartied newbies.

I have nothing against newbie stomping. But we both know party vs party is fair.

You must play on Xbox then, because on PS3 the average players online is 300k, and I see maybe 500 people tops on Mercenary, because I play it sometimes myself. Trust me, I know. 

I don't even have an XBOX. It also depends what time of the day you are on it. Numbers change throughout the day.

There's still 70 - 100k people playing MW3 daily, I can't see BO2 having less than 200k daily players.

I meant 9000 in the Mercenary playlist, that was a few weeks back though.

Message 27 of 144 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

HoodlumX wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I meant 9000 in the Mercenary playlist, that was a few weeks back though.

ohh my mistake, i've never ventured into Mercenary mode in COD, always in a party whenever I play. 

Message 28 of 144 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Re: Why the new Mercenary Mode is a BAD idea

Jun 22, 2013
I'm still gonna play on normal modes, so I can kick parties' butt and t-bag 'em.
YouTube: AlexDarkshield and Hardies331
Hardiess331 channel uploads new video daily!
Message 29 of 144 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
17049 posts

Re: Why the new Mercenary Mode is a BAD idea

Jun 22, 2013

AlexDarkshield wrote:
I'm still gonna play on normal modes, so I can kick parties' butt and t-bag 'em.

I'd love a t-bag taunt...

[ 39 ]
Message 30 of 144 (258 Views)
0 Likes