Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/19/2013
Offline
117 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

MrPickelstimes4 wrote:

PRO_scrubber wrote:

There Shouldn't be a system that gives the losing players an advantage

 

Just stating the obvious here. 


Maybe you could also state the "obvious" reason supporting your contention.  You hate communism?


Competition is build around the principal of learning certain tactics and displaying dexterity/awareness build around them to win ( in video games ).

 

This game has a competitive multiplayer. Go figure.  

_______________________________________________________________

Message 21 of 99 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
115 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

PRO_scrubber wrote:

MrPickelstimes4 wrote:
I don't understand all the gripes about the welfare system. Do people want to get together with their friends and just steamroll the opposition? When they aren't with their friends, do they enjoy getting steamrolled by an opposing team of friends?

That's why we have the party restricted playlist. 


Your point would be valid if the matchmaking system was perfect, which it is not.  Plenty of unbalanced matches in the no party and party restricted playlists. 

Message 22 of 99 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7282 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

giving the losers a chance is one thing. The bigger problem is that at the same time, the losing team is given an advantage and the winners are also given a disadvantage, and it is usually when there is just a small lead...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 23 of 99 (194 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
115 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

giving the losers a chance is one thing. The bigger problem is that at the same time, the losing team is given an advantage and the winners are also given a disadvantage, and it is usually when there is just a small lead...


I can agree that the system could be implemented better.  It shouldn't go into effect with a small lead.  Other than that, though, it seems like some people just like dominating, which doesn't sound all that fun to me.  Just my $.02. 

Message 24 of 99 (190 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/06/2013
Offline
3607 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

^who doesn't like to dominate?

Message 25 of 99 (170 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 07/24/2013
Offline
60 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013
^
Submissives. Smiley Happy
Message 26 of 99 (164 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
115 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

kimboandjay wrote:
^
Submissives. Smiley Happy

Lol, plus people who find it more fun and suspenseful when the game is close and people who don't care about their k/d/r

Message 27 of 99 (157 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 06/21/2013
Offline
1531 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

[ Edited ]
Nov 22, 2013
It should be gotten rid of because it's DUMB. If it's enough for the losing team to come back and win then it's clearly a BS win for them, and the former winning team has been punished for doing too well earlier on. If it's not enough for the losing team to come back then all it serves to do is add undeserved deaths onto the KDR of the winning team. Maybe you don't care about KDR. Good for you. Some people do, and certainly don't deserve to be ridiculed for it, which seems to be the thing to do around here. And even aside from your actual KDR I'm pretty sure nobody likes to have molotovs rain on their head or step on a bomb around every corner or inside every window. This is made worse by the fact that the players who are doing well don't get to craft anything themselves, because what the **bleep** thats my sixth **bleep** box in a row with nothing but scissors and I STILL can't **bleep** make anything with them.
Message 28 of 99 (151 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 05/22/2013
Offline
115 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

Bizzerker_Bauer wrote:
It should be gotten rid of because it's DUMB. If it's enough for the losing team to come back and win then it's clearly a BS win for them, and the former winning team has been punished for doing too well earlier on. If it's not enough for the losing team to come back then all it serves to do is add undeserved deaths onto the KDR of the winning team. Maybe you don't care about KDR. Good for you. Some people do, and certainly don't deserve to be ridiculed for it, which seems to be the thing to do around here. And even aside from your actual KDR I'm pretty sure nobody likes to have molotovs rain on their head or step on a bomb around every corner or inside every window. This is made worse by the fact that the players who are doing well don't get to craft anything themselves, because what the **bleep** thats my sixth **bleep** box in a row with nothing but scissors and I STILL can't **bleep** make anything with them.

Just to be clear, I never rediculed anyone for caring about their k/d/r.  To each his/her own. 

I respect your opinion, but apart from the less-than-perfect implementation of the welfare system, I don't share it.  I think it helps make the game more enjoyable for casual gamers.  I understand that it's likely at the expense of people who would consider themselves to be something more than casual. 

Message 29 of 99 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 07/23/2012
Online
7282 posts
 

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 22, 2013

thing is, it is so apparent that it doesn't just give casuals a leg-up. It gives anyone a leg-up instantly, imagine a skilled player getting unlucky deaths at the start then being given a slew of supplies right away; the welfare system is to significant that it skews matches quite frequently in favour of the initial losing team.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 30 of 99 (131 Views)