Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
498 posts

Re: Wow, told you so...

Nov 23, 2013
I thought mp is for fun. Seems like people only play for k/d ratios? Lmao! So you're mad the welfare system lowered your ratio bro? This game is NOTHING like call of overrated duty.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 99 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Nov 23, 2013
^^ If that comment is directed towards me, i'll reply accordingly.

I'm a team play and I don't play for K/D ratio. I work to down my opponents and usually leave the executions to my teammates in order to make my next move.

I hardly see how making a valid point about a system that's flawed means one is a K/D ratio **bleep**.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 99 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Nah it was directed towards the op lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 99 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
571 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Ah. Gotcha, lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 99 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Nov 24, 2013
Umm just don't play without a group or friends then? Or just don't be such a baby about it?
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 99 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 24, 2013

The system punishes players with high kills and hardly deaths. It is equal if they are on the winning or loosing team. If your team sucks and you are the only good player with a killratio for example of 8:1 the wellfare system still punishes you (1 item per box).

sorry if my English is not good, I am no native speaker, +the auto.correction doesn't work in this forum o0
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 99 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13255 posts

Nov 25, 2013

The welfare system is nothing like COD. COD rewards good players with more kills, TLOU rewards awful players with wins.

There I kind of somewhat defended it because both systems are horrible. But the bad news is the CoD one is more understandable. Getting a pat on the back for being better than others at something isn't as bad as getting your hand held for being awful.

I don't even have TLOU anymore.. Disc got broken. No. I didn't get angry at the game itself. I got angry at my PS3 refusing to connect me to the MP.

But it was coming with that welfare system anyway..

If you absolutely have to have a welfare system. it has to be done like CoD. Bad players don't earn anything. They wont learn. it just makes the experience worse for everyone. As a winner you get sucked into being cheated and as a loser you get cheated into never improving your skills.

Regardless though no welfare system should exist.

I've been awful at some games before and I sucked it up and just improved my game if I really wanted to get better. Sure there were some games I just gave up on, but most the time I actually just played on and improved over time.

If I'm new or learning why should I be given tools to beat experienced good players? I shouldn't.. It's that simple.

Pandering to those who want everything now should never happen. it's also probably teaching people poor life skills.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 99 (118 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1086 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2013

I see one problem WITHOUT the welfare system though, so I mean, everyone just gets the same stuff from the boxes:

If you have a bad start, well, that can happen, even to the best of us. The enemy team has time to collect all boxes during your teams respawn time, whereas you just got 1 box. Now they are perfectly prepared and can just camp the boxes, because they can also use your respawn time to position themselves perfectly.

I don't know. I think this whole crafting-system within the game needs something like the welfare system to make the game more fair.

Also if a bad player gets 3 molotovs, why should you care? He will just miss all of them if you are good and can dodge properly.

If your team is running Crafter, the disadvantage of getting less from the boxes isn't that of a deal either.

All in all, I haven't had a lot of games where I have lost because of the welfare system. If it was, the opposing team was just plain better.

And if a low level player is getting more stuff to craft, he has time to learn how to properly throw grenades/smoke bombs/molotovs, which isn't that simple if you really want to hit. If he progresses and gets better, he will get less and has to develop his other skills :smileywink:

There is only one really terrifying thing: If you are up to a team of guys Lvl 300, 300, 10, 10 - and the Lvl 10 guys are constantly shot, running crafter and gifting tons of stuff to th Lvl 300 guys :smileysad:

Art by Janice Chu
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 99 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1038 posts

Nov 25, 2013
Well said Aureilia
I once heard that a king cobra bit a high ping player.......sorry to say that after five days of grueling agonizing pain.....that cobra has died.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 99 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16247 posts

Nov 25, 2013
Again, we need that cinema mode.

Then people could back up these outlandish claims with proof.

Played all weekend. Mostly solo in random matches. I recall only a couple where we were leading and lost. Did not see a discernable increase in molotovs or bombs.

Dud get a lot of welfare help when losing badly. Didn't help win matches.

Looks like the, "Nerf stuff that kills me" club is open again.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 99 (77 Views)
0 Likes