Mar 12 2014
By: wengerknows80 Lombax Warrior 79 posts

Yesterday I nearly ragequit

10 replies 311 views Edited Mar 12, 2014

I was playing in high school, with a team of randoms in the no parties playlist. I ended the match leading my team on downs - I had 10 downs but only got 3 executions because of the relentless execution stealing by my "buddies". Now I know that it happens and people have complained before, but that match yesterday really got to me. I was on my own upstairs in the room above the garage and downed a guy through the window who was outside on the roof walkway. He began crawling away (but had no teammates near to revive him), so I jumped out to get nearer to finish him off but one of my teammates, who was by the school bus below, threw a bomb and executed him. I thought, ok, that's annoying.

So later in the match, this guy goes down having downed an enemy himself. I revived him and let him special execute his down.  Later, the SAME GUY  then threw a MOLOTOV at a guy I had downed before I could shoot him to finish him off.  I let him have it over the mic at that point.  He ended the match something like 3 downs and 7 executions. Ok, if you're both shooting a guy and the other guy ends up executing him, I don't have a problem, but when you waste your throwables just to pinch executions from others that really hacks me off, especially when you've not stolen his down when you could have. 

I mostly play with a team now and yesterday really reminded me why I do. GRRRR.

Message 1 of 11 (311 Views)
Splicer
36 posts

Re: Yesterday I nearly ragequit

Mar 12, 2014

I feel you man. For me the most annoying thing is, when I try to down a 2 or 3 opponents in a row and it's only possible to do, when you are not execute them instantly (saving ammo). So you got the job done well, three guys bending over on the floor waiting for your rape and suddenly wild teammate appears - bam, takes your executions! What a **bleep**. 

I also hate when I down someone, who downed my teammate. So I got two guys on the floor, enemy and friend. What good player should do first? Revive. What's your reward? Execution stealed by revived teammate. Such a lack of good manners!

Message 2 of 11 (302 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Mar 12, 2014

Yeah well... I doubt that those kill-stealers were high levels. They were probably noobs, so don't expect much from them. Maybe the one guy kill-stealing had executions as mission and 100% population at stake, maybe he thought he would help you when he threw the bomb up because he couldnt see if the guy was already downed from doen there. Maybe the guy throwing the molotov just saw an enemy name popping up somewhere and panicked. You will never know.

I don't want to defend any kill stealers, but after playing with randoms a lot, I gave up thinking about that stuff. I run FAT3, and if I can heal 3 guys up while they are executing my 3 downs, i still get more points the when I would execute them. At least thats my "psychological" way of just ignoring the fact.

One good thing about those guys running in to special execute and kill-steal: They most likely don't live long enough to do that often, and end up waiting for their spawn instead of being part of the action. Just use them as bait and distraction to do your work.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 3 of 11 (289 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Mar 12, 2014

KajdaTPI wrote:

I feel you man. For me the most annoying thing is, when I try to down a 2 or 3 opponents in a row and it's only possible to do, when you are not execute them instantly (saving ammo). So you got the job done well, three guys bending over on the floor waiting for your rape and suddenly wild teammate appears - bam, takes your executions! What a **bleep**. 

I also hate when I down someone, who downed my teammate. So I got two guys on the floor, enemy and friend. What good player should do first? Revive. What's your reward? Execution stealed by revived teammate. Such a lack of good manners!

I totally agree. When playing with randoms I'm actually surprised if they don't execute my down after I revive them - for some reason they'll always get there before you can execute if you've just revived them.  I do now try to execute the down before reviving my team mate because of that. There's usually time to do both as long as you don't special execute.

Having said that, the guy yesterday was really taking the p***. He was a level 40 or so - high enough level to know better I think. Using throwables to execute other people's downs is just desperate and shows no respect for teammates at all.

I'd actually like the ability to molotov a teammate who's molotov-ed my down!

Message 4 of 11 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1396 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2014

wengerknows80 wrote:

I was playing in high school, with a team of randoms in the no parties playlist. I ended the match leading my team on downs - I had 10 downs but only got 3 executions because of the relentless execution stealing by my "buddies". Now I know that it happens and people have complained before, but that match yesterday really got to me. I was on my own upstairs in the room above the garage and downed a guy through the window who was outside on the roof walkway. He began crawling away (but had no teammates near to revive him), so I jumped out to get nearer to finish him off but one of my teammates, who was by the school bus below, threw a bomb and executed him. I thought, ok, that's annoying.

So later in the match, this guy goes down having downed an enemy himself. I revived him and let him special execute his down.  Later, the SAME GUY  then threw a MOLOTOV at a guy I had downed before I could shoot him to finish him off.  I let him have it over the mic at that point.  He ended the match something like 3 downs and 7 executions. Ok, if you're both shooting a guy and the other guy ends up executing him, I don't have a problem, but when you waste your throwables just to pinch executions from others that really hacks me off, especially when you've not stolen his down when you could have. 

I mostly play with a team now and yesterday really reminded me why I do. GRRRR.

You nearly RAGEQUIT YESTERDAY? Well might as well RAGEQUIT! TODAY  to restore balance!

TLDR? Might as well RAGEQUIT because I don't have time to read your autobiography!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/How-to-Ragequit-in-Style/td-p/4298...

Message 5 of 11 (262 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Mar 12, 2014

KajdaTPI wrote:

Agreed... I mostly play interrogation, in which I will often interrogate first if I get the down... I had a sprinting match with one teammate one time because I had downed a guy who had downed my teammate.  I revived my teammate, who then raced against me to get the the downed guy and stole my interrogation.

In most cases, I will usually wait a little to interrogate someone I didn't down... such as... if they down 2 guys or none of my teammates are around, I will usually wait until it's pretty obvious that nobody else would get it.

The infected as seen in TLOU Multiplayer:

Runners- Noobs
Stalkers- Covert Training 3 users
Clickers- Constant reloaders
Bloaters- People getting blown up by bombs
Message 6 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 12, 2014
I punish egzecution thief by taunting him when he is downed and watching him die. I'd rather loose match then ignoring such bad manners Smiley Wink. Posibility to hurt players stealing your egzecution would be nice.
Message 7 of 11 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3590 posts

Mar 12, 2014
When I play no parties I steal executions also. I just have to its the way they play so annoying though when its a close game and here they go throwing molotovs and bombs to execute my downs when they could use on enemies.
Message 8 of 11 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

Mar 12, 2014

I'd like to see them make it where if you are still alive between the down and execution you should be given the execution and the person who didn't down the guy buy ran in for the finisher should be given the assist 

Message 9 of 11 (207 Views)
I Only Post Everything
960 posts

Mar 13, 2014

Those who execute your down with explosives are usually inexperienced players. I say usually, not definitely.

Also, if your team is tramping the other team leading like 10 lives ahead, I have happened to execute my friends' downs because we're shooting the same target due to very bad teamwork from enemy team, there are usually just 1 enemy fighting us (the rest of his team ran away), my intended bomb for mutiple enemies will just execute that 1 guy.

I always revive my downed teammate and let him SE the downed enemy if he wants to.

I have met players who run just to do SE on MY DOWN. It happens very often with level 0 randoms.

There are also players who ran passed you just to SE your down while you're crawling on the floor.

I agree it will be quite nice for players who didn't down the target to get assist parts for execution/special execution.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Message 10 of 11 (150 Views)