Jul 09 2013
By: inuyasha11231 Monster Hunter 34 posts

Yet Another Patch Suggest Thread

7 replies 147 views Edited Jul 9, 2013

Well...Things need tweaking, but I think most people are over-reacting about their patches.

I'm just gonna throw some of my ideas on the table.

Bow: Add a draw speed. Simple as that. Take away it's long range OP and the rifle suddenly has more credibility. Will still monster at medium range. Not to mention it actually DOES take a degree skill to use, believe it or not. 

Machete: Make it 2 points to use or 1-Hit KO's when upgraded. Because 2 upgraded hits is more than enough time to be shot down, and not worth the cost, especially because a nailed board that 3/4 enemies have OP's it.

Armor: Very debatable. Armor can be infuriating I know. But it has it's limits. My suggestion is to simply up the price a tiny bit in Supply Raid, say, 550$ a starting piece. Although in survivors it should be 650-700 as it is the biggest game changer in a one life match.

Semi-Auto: I honestly don't have a problem with the Semi-Auto. I'm not a big fan of one bullet taking out a chunk of my health, but it does take considerable focus and aim to down someone in the head. And armor just stomps right over it. It just seems like the most preferred gun as it has a little bit of everything.

Molotovs: I think molotovs should only be 1-Hit KO when directly smacked against the target. Eitherwise they should act as incindenary grenades and leave a cover spot temporairly useless due to lingering fire. Or murder anyone who chooses to stay.

I personally love the hunting rifle, and although armor is infuriating, It's easily solved with a smoke bomb+shiv/molotov/spiked bat. It's not like we're not collecting supplies half the time.

The problem with calling guns OP is that most guns in LOU require a steady hand, opposed to Uncharted's auto-aim blindfire system. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to skip this particular part if you're not interested.

My biggest quarrel with the game is that I've noticed your PLAYER is not what the enemy sees. It's easy to call this lag, but if you've been in a situation where you've hidden behind cover just barely escaping and still take damage and die although completly sealed from view, it's because the player can still physically see you.

I noticed this for instance, when I was fighting a sniper, and we were corner cutting each other. I positioned my whole body to be out of sight, to the point where I couldn't even see him, but he could still shoot me. Because the server-side avatar is not 1-to-1 with mine, and was still positioned in his line of sight. This isn't his nor my own fault. But obnoxious nontheless. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I expect a lot of flak as people hate when someone else has a differing opinion, so if you believe you're right go right ahead and try to convince me. I'm open to discussion. :smileyhappy:

And feel free to add more input.

Message 1 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Re: Yet Another Patch Suggest Thread

Jul 9, 2013
I agree with all that and what your saying about the avatars being out of sync is actually the biggest game breaker. I also think this issue goes a long way into the whole bizzare Molotov hitboxes.
Message 2 of 8 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9568 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I think that avatar issue is to prevent corner shooting while being impenetrable to bullets. It was a huge issue in UC2.

Message 3 of 8 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I remember. However, the character aiming on U2 was way off centre which is why you were able to cover peek without the peeking.

The characters aim true centre in LOU so IF this is some sort of compensation its mot needed and currently is the biggest annoyance in the game.
Message 4 of 8 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16345 posts

Jul 9, 2013

original.png

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 5 of 8 (114 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 9, 2013

LegendaryPLANK wrote:
I remember. However, the character aiming on U2 was way off centre which is why you were able to cover peek without the peeking.

The characters aim true centre in LOU so IF this is some sort of compensation its mot needed and currently is the biggest annoyance in the game.

Yeah U2 was def off center. There were even some spots in U3 that weren't meshed correctly so it allowed this to happen as well.

Message 6 of 8 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 9, 2013

scootgar wrote:

original.png

Something tells me you didn't even bother to read.

Message 7 of 8 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 9, 2013

I agree with you on most things. LOU's moltovs are the grenades of uncharted 2. Inconsistent and weird ranges.

Message 8 of 8 (78 Views)
0 Likes