First Son
22 posts

Re: You ruined your own game ND

Oct 26, 2013
Incan.....I never claimed to be an amazing player. I know I'm not the best. But I'm better than average. I typically get around 4,000 parts at the end of matches....a lot of the time more, sometimes less. And usually in 1st or 2nd place on my team. So I'll just say, I'd know if I suck. And I probably just wouldn't play. Who wants to play a game they suck at. Okay well....maybe a lot of people. But not me.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 50 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
941 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Nieuma wrote:
mrsjimmymare, thanks for being such an awesome, real, and honest person! You said it....2-3 shots, and far more commonly easily than anything else (even for those who aren't headshot experts). There's a clear reason it's by far the most overused weapon. It has no weakness. A burst rifle at least has the crazy recoil....as well as being harder at long range + less useful because of that. But what weakness does the sar have.....it's like the superman of weapons, and there's no kryptonite. I'm not sure what they changed with it last time they tweaked it, but as you said, obviously it didn't really do anything. If nothing else, it just needs way less shooting speed....that's the biggest part of what makes it so easy to use.

I agree with what you said....anyone can master a weapon and be way better with it than others. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm a very realistic person. The kind who would be the first to admit if I'm to blame. And I don't have any problems with any other weapon. At all. Even when I come across people who are good with them. Because I can accept if I'm bested. But this gun is just....ridiculous. Doesn't even require skill. Just, like you also said....only decent aim. I'm all for weapons being accessible....but not when it's to the point where it's so much more so than every other one. Simply doesnt make any sense.

Please don't be offended, the rest who replied or I should say regular forumers they are just tired of seeing the same thread popping up, like everyday. While I think it's fine as long as it's not the SAME poster who keep opening new threads but talking about the same old repeated stuff (which mostly consists of he whining or complaining). LOL.

There, I've to agree with you SAR is the "most versatile" gun. It's very much like a Revolver (with upgrades, Revolver can be beast too). But Revolver can't be silenced. Which is why I prefer SAR over Revolver. You can also shoot a running target with Burst Rifle, just don't spam your bullets, learn to track your target. Although I HAVE TO SAY, SAR can down a running target at long distance. I can aim and shoot at a stationery HR user before he even sees me through his scope. And I have said, I don't mind ND further nerf SAR, I'll still use this gun, like how I'm currently also using Revolver, A. Rifle, sometimes Shorty/Bow. I have to change my primary gun from time to time in order not to get bored.

But I'm very used to SAR that I find myself returning to this comfortable gun when I see that I'm facing a team of level 200+ with mics. I also switched to SAR when I have teammates who go 0-0.  It does helps (for me). Can't speak for others. But my personal opinion says "it's not too hard of a gun to master".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join or Support us!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheLastOfUsVideos

Visit my Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - www.facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - www.twitter.com/mrsjimmymare

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 50 (190 Views)
Sackboy
400 posts

Oct 26, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Oh sorry, I was not made aware impression that the 3-shot long gun I was using is the SAR.

No, see, the SAR is overused. It's overused because it's the jack of all trades. It's not exceptional in any aspect, but it's good in most.

In all honesty I want it to have some more advantage besides not being exceptional, but I AM NOT going to accept the fact that the M9 (the SAR of UC3 loadout weapons) doesn't get a nerf but this does.

I mean, if possible, nerf it like the FAL.

SAR is the best mid range weapon :smileyhappy:

My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/swiftydragon/videos - Last of us tips, and gameplay with commentary.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 50 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1457 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Nieuma im not doubting your skill set just trying to figure out what is influencing you to think that a well rounded not Amazing gun is OP. I get killed by bows and shotguns yet I don't want them nerfed. BR,HR, Bows and all purchaseables are capable of beating the SAR.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 50 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9807 posts

Oct 26, 2013
Oh I agree, the SAR needs a nerf.

It's just that I want this game to suffer the same fate UC3 did. That game, the previous ND game, also has a jack-of-all-trades weapon. It has the exact same drawback of the SAR, which is that it's not exceptional at any aspect but it's decent at all aspects.

It was never fixed. I didn't mind it. TLOU also has it. That goddamn gun better STAY the jack of all trades.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 50 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Oct 26, 2013
Incan, yeah, any weapon's always capable of beating another. Also depends on how you're using them, because certain playstyles are more suited to certain weapons. But the thing that bothers me so much about the sar was what I said....how there's pretty much no chance to respond. It's like, once someone sees you and shoots you (usually from halfway across the map!!), you're dead. Can't run from it. Can't respond and kill them first. Because by then they already had the second shot on you. Then oh....there's the third. You're dead.

LOL stuntdouble....okay. So uc3 has the same problem (a game I hate the multiplayer of by the way....doesn't even touch uc2). But WHY does that mean you want history to repeat itself. Why not instead let that be the lesson so it never happens again...
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 50 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3848 posts

Oct 26, 2013
The SAR is the most boring of all weapons to use. Certainly not OPd compared to the bow, but perhaps a little compared to the burst and HR.

Still doesnt need further nerfing. Just leave the boring players to their boring guns.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 50 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
639 posts

Oct 26, 2013

Who cares? 

Nobody will be playing this in 2 months 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 50 (147 Views)
Splicer