Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 10 2014
By: Futurawwnold Wastelander 689 posts

anyone else still having problems shivving people?

10 replies 203 views Edited May 10, 2014
Now its like even when I'm directly behind someone the shiv won't work, and no I wasn't damaged or whatever, buy seriously do I have to literally be touching his **bleep** to be able to shiv now? I know they shrunk the shiv "cone" but seriously I can't get any shiv kills now even if I'm behind them for like 3 seconds, anyone else?
Message 1 of 11 (203 Views)
Fender Bender
2812 posts

Re: anyone else still having problems shivving people?

May 10, 2014

Shivving doesn't work in stairs and uneven surfaces in general. Just like high fives or stealth kills in UC3 MP.

ND refuses to fix this long-time bug for some reason...

White plug is fair: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/What-does-the-blinking-white-plug-mean-and-why-is-it-disrupting/m-p/44241158/highlight/true#M106983
Message 2 of 11 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
689 posts

May 10, 2014
That's the worst Part it was a completely even surface I was sitting behind this guy in armor for like 3 seconds, and then he noticed me, gave me the run around and shivved me back, -__- like what the **bleep**
Message 3 of 11 (184 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

May 11, 2014
For me personally, I just need to be directly in line with them and right on their **bleep** - so there is a difference but I'm still stabbing away!. I'm not having too much problem with it.

#chopfoodnotpeople
"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose"
~ Billy, from Grim Adventures Of Billy And Mandy
Message 4 of 11 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
76 posts

May 11, 2014
It's happened quite a lot to me too. Really annoying when you've stalked a guy, crept up on him, shiv prompt-triangle, triangle, triangle, triangle- then he turns around and scissor planks you.
Wonderful.
Message 5 of 11 (143 Views)
First Son
15 posts

May 11, 2014
Happened a few time but prompt comes up eventually..and no, not damaged at the time.
One time was standing behind a guy shooting at my teammates and the prompt just refuse to come up, after I melee the guy, the prompt appear....

But I die more often when I waited for the shiv prompt and I have no shiv
Message 6 of 11 (141 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

May 11, 2014
Not having any issues.
Message 7 of 11 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

May 11, 2014

Is it possible to shiv someone while they're in the supply box opening animation, because yesterday I should have shivved someone but it didn't work? Maybe it was just a one-off thing but I was pretty confused on why it didn't work at the time.

Other than that I haven't really had any problems with shivs.

Message 8 of 11 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

May 11, 2014
Only problems I have is shiv lags, feels like scorpion from mortal kombat when it happens.
Message 9 of 11 (125 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

May 11, 2014

stnu27 wrote:
Happened a few time but prompt comes up eventually..and no, not damaged at the time.
One time was standing behind a guy shooting at my teammates and the prompt just refuse to come up, after I melee the guy, the prompt appear....

But I die more often when I waited for the shiv prompt and I have no shiv

I have been having this same issue for quite awhile..i stalk him like dog the bounty hunter...i get right behind him and the shiv button wont come up..at this point im like 0_0.....then i butt bump him 3 times and go to the right side of him and it pops up...too late he notices me and drives a nail board into my shoulder....

I Am Now the Official TLOU Factions Bow Executioner Dev.
Oh You didn't Know? You better CAAALLL Somebody!
Message 10 of 11 (115 Views)