Sackboy
374 posts

Re: Yeah, but I retired.

May 19, 2014

I played Supply Raid for the first time in months yesterday, just to see what the fuss was.  Not bad, but sitting there spectating for the last 4 minutes when my spawns ended was painful since the last standing was camping 1v3 like just molotov yourself already.  

Message 21 of 55 (195 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

Re: Yeah, but I retired.

May 19, 2014

T1m_is_Here wrote:

MosesTransports wrote:

I do play Survivors. Only it's called Supply Raid.

The names and structures of the two modes are the complete opposite of each other.

The only thing people do in "Survivors", is run for the box, to get supplies, in order to craft a molotov. Sometimes two of them. Couple that with a/multiple crafter dudes, and you've got yourself a controller throw in the wall, and a boring'' spectating session of hide and seek. If you're lucky, it sometimes evolves in peek-a-boo. 

And no, playing in a party bares no exception.

Back in the day, before the patches, the losing team was bombarded with parts and supplies because they...were doing bad? Such jokers, these naughty dogs.

Haven't touched it since.

Saying "Survivors" is a mode where you can only win by outsmarting your enemies, is awfully amusing.

I mainly play supply raid becuase I **bleep** hate camping. Survivors and Interrogation is full of camping. Hiding with covert 3 waiting to chuck a mollie at someone is boring. 

I would love surivors if they took out all the 1 hit craftable bull **bleep**.  No more mollies, bombs, or boards. 

Still think Suvivors goes along with the SP gameplay, stealth and sneaky to survive the Clickers and Bloaters.  I do agree though the hide and seek and peek a boo stuff get's to be a little too much sometimes.

Message 22 of 55 (194 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Re: anyone play survivors?

May 19, 2014

I played it to get all the DLC 1 related trophies and didn't necessarily hate the experience, I just prefer playing Interrogation.

Message 23 of 55 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 20, 2014

Survivors are for a very select player base. As someone who plays Counterstrike a ton, survivors is perfection. There's genuine tension and your life actually has value. All Supply Raid is a TDM. If I wanted to play a more fast paced game mode, I'd play Interrogation---a FAR superior game mode compared to SR because there's an actualy objective to go toward. For someone that has played Counterstrike and Battlefield 3 almost religiously at one point, these two game modes are the PERFECT game modes for players like me. Supply Raid is just boring to me.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Message 24 of 55 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

May 20, 2014

I love survivors, it's so bleeping cheap to die there (mollies and shotguns) but it's so addicting.

Check out my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BluePumpkin7
Message 25 of 55 (155 Views)
First Son
15 posts

May 20, 2014
Of Course its for pros veterans My friend SR its for lil kids who want to spawn with 3 molotovs 3 bombs and a modded board...its all about surviving ; )
Message 26 of 55 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3192 posts

May 20, 2014

Yeah, but anyone else notice how often the Host rage quits in survivors?

It's good, it's easy (non-parties) and you get lots of parts, if the host doesn't cry off.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3vPDpbsHk_L1zuIelKwTxw

MGSV S rank walkthrough in progress.
Message 27 of 55 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

May 20, 2014
Survivors is the showcase game mode for this game. It is how it is supposed to be played.

Raid is boring. TDM.

Interrogation is now a huge camp fest.

People who dislike Survivors are usually the ones who spend more time spectating than actually playing.
Message 28 of 55 (106 Views)
Naughty Paw
11442 posts

May 20, 2014
Supply Raid and Interrogation is for OG's.

Survivors is for soft and weak people who lack gun skills.

Da truth.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 29 of 55 (103 Views)
Sackboy
374 posts

May 20, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
Supply Raid and Interrogation is for OG's.

Survivors is for soft and weak people who lack gun skills.

Da truth.

Nah, different strokes for different folks. 

Survivors is loathed because if you play dumb or make a mistake you get killed quick, no intant respawn like SR.  So less room for error.

Message 30 of 55 (143 Views)
0 Likes