Jul 25 2013
By: Cyfer36 Splicer 56 posts

collector..is it worth the 5 points?

29 replies 623 views Edited Jul 25, 2013
Im really only thinking of using it for weeks 11-12 cause round there u need alot of supplies to keep up and I fell just barely short a game or two. Problem is the cost..5points..which means no crafter3 or no first aid instead. Both those are basically free parts all game..not to mention a huge help to the team. So I have to wonder if its really worth it. Whats up...any of u out there use it regularly...whats your take on it
Message 1 of 30 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7082 posts

Re: collector..is it worth the 5 points?

Jul 25, 2013

I personally have used it in loadouts before, but I see myself reducing it to level 1 or taking it off entirely since it feels as though it doesn't help as much. I mean overall you barely see an increase in parts by the end of the game, probably as much as 1k, but to justify the fact that it is literally taking half of your loadout...meh.

I would say if you have a stockpile of them, just use the increased parts one-use booster for basically a free collector 1 that costs nothing along with skills that get you parts such as crafter and first aid.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 2 of 30 (614 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
378 posts

Jul 25, 2013

Depends on  your style, if you like hanging close to your team, I'd definitely go with First Aid, Reviver or Crafter. I'm usually ahead of my team or flanking so I use Collector 2 to get my long arm upgrades and armor faster. I would probably use Crafter instead except if your team is winning there's maybe 1-2 items in those supply caches, so I just use Collector 2 for more all around booster. Also like Crafter, First Aid and Reviver won't get you many parts if your team is running over the enemy because no one is getting hurt or dying.

Message 3 of 30 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17632 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I used it constantly during the extra supplies weekend, and it let me acquire all the unlocks, since you get a lot of parts, especially in conjunction with healing.
It is a bit selfish, but if you're using a purchasable weapon, it can help pay for a lot of ammo.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 4 of 30 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Ya critrate...u pretty much hit the nail on the head...the couple games I was just shy of my quota, there was basically noone to heal. I guess ill have to try it out on some of the early weeks and see how my score looks. Just wasnt sure that anyone ever bothered with it...theres at least a couple survival skills I could never see myself equipping lol
Message 5 of 30 (567 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1281 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I tested it out for half a day and barely saw any noticeable difference.  It didn't help me get a better score in terms of parts.  It didn't make a noticeable different in getting enough parts for puchasable weapons.

You are better of using First Aid 2-3, reviver 2-3 to get parts.

Message 6 of 30 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 25, 2013
Ya I just played a buncha games with it and my score was pretty similar to normal. Id have to say the big difference is that you have more freedom to roam and it takes less effort to get said score. Normally im not too far from my teams reach for help not only to win but ya soak up all those supplies from healing and revives...and gifts. With this setup I was tryin u can kinda b a lone wolf and terrorize the other team. Granted not really the best strategy in this game...but I see it coming in handy. I pretty much always play with random people and can use it when u get on one of those teams full of....special...people...that by sticking around them u just get massacred all game
Message 7 of 30 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Jul 25, 2013
I use it when playing with certain friends who are far better than me at the game. Since they rarely go down or get injured, it's the only perk that let's me get anywhere close to keeping my clan healthy.
Message 8 of 30 (509 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 25, 2013

I used it during weeks 11 and 12 when I was aiming for the skull mask. I normally don't use it but if you are trying to get that unlocked, it wouldn't hurt equipping it. 

Message 9 of 30 (443 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Ya thats basically all im after. I barely missed it by a few survivors on my 2nd play through
Message 10 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes