Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
10 posts

Re: collector..is it worth the 5 points?

Jul 26, 2013
I would equip it with First Aid Training 2 or 3. That really helps you get more parts.
Message 11 of 30 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Ive been doing alot of experimenting the last few days...ive come to an opinion that its only really helpful if u on a team that is just rolling the other team and have noone to heal. Otherwise first aid + crafter normally gets me alot more parts overall
Message 12 of 30 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 26, 2013
For instance...the other night I had a match where my aim was just off. Stuck with the team and was still first place with only like 4 kills but over 5k parts. All from healing, reviving and crafting
Message 13 of 30 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 27, 2013
I do keep a kit with collector on it now though. I dont really have ever any friends that play the mp on this so I always play with random people and u will always run into a group that just scatters, cant kill anyone..and are just overall pretty useless. In these cases crafter and first aid are pretty much a waste since most the time u have noone to work with. Than its kinda helpful to keep up with with supplies once your clan gets past like 90people
Message 14 of 30 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

^ Pretty much. Don't forget that a lot of parts you get over the course of the game isn't just killing or healing/crafting/reviving, etc. You get a huge amount of parts from boxes, usually after losing a round. Then there's stuff like Marked/Marked Downs, Last Man Standing bonuses. These all get multiplied by Collector.  So it's a very consisten way to get Parts when your teammates are running off doing their thing.  Just losing a game with Collector often means you will get more 1k-2k more parts than the other team, depending on how you play your cards.

I don't do unlocks anymore since I got all of them already but I still play with Collector a lot because it lets me purchase stuff I need a lot earlier, which can be a huge advantage in early game. Once I have all the extra parts I need I just switch to a different loadout, where I have my purchasable.

Message 15 of 30 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Ya I been tryin that lately too..start with crafter + collector and get my rifle upgraded than switch to my norm...works out pretty well sometimes
Message 16 of 30 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Hmm, have used it for a couple of weeks. Simple maths just dictates better alternatives. So it gives you 20% more parts. lets say that you average around 3500 parts. This is assuming that you can't used first aid training 3 or crafter 3. Thats extra 700 parts. bringing it up to 4200. However if you were using crafter 3 or first aid 3, you get 200 parts, for a comple heal. Just after 4 heals of teamates, you'll get more parts AND you'll be helpful as a teammate. Trust me, I know the thirst for parts and the best selfess combo I made was reviver 3 + first aid 3 to get an average, mind you an average of 4000 parts per match. you can't beat that with collector 2. Just my opnion ,backed up by some facts though.

Message 17 of 30 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4876 posts

Jul 27, 2013
^^^^. Why can't you use Reviver 3, First Aid 3 and Collector 2? Is it too many load out points?
Message 18 of 30 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Yea cost too many points...I even tried crafter2 FA2 with collector1 and just doesnt cut it. Like I said in this post earlier ive come to the conclusion...the best kit..over all for me personally seems to be crafter3 + first aid2 + explosive expert1 and reviver1...if im not mistaken...not at home so cant double check lol. Ive gotten over 5k parts with this on multiple occasions
Message 19 of 30 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1153 posts

Jul 27, 2013
I've been using Reviver 3, First Aid 2, and Collector 2 anytime I need more loadout points. My team was doing so well yesterday that they actually told me not to kill the last person so they can kill each other with molotovs and nail bombs to keep reviving each other.
Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 20 of 30 (158 Views)
0 Likes