Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Re: collector..is it worth the 5 points?

Jul 27, 2013

mbhitman wrote:
^^^^. Why can't you use Reviver 3, First Aid 3 and Collector 2? Is it too many load out points?

Oh this is assuming your main gun is a silenced weapon, thus four points gone there. First aid 3 is 6 points. Collector is five 5+4=9.

With only four points left in the game, you can't even use reviver with is again five points.

Message 21 of 30 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1876 posts

Jul 27, 2013

RyokuSonic wrote:
I've been using Reviver 3, First Aid 2, and Collector 2 anytime I need more loadout points. My team was doing so well yesterday that they actually told me not to kill the last person so they can kill each other with molotovs and nail bombs to keep reviving each other.

Wait, so you don't run with a freakin' gun? 

Message 22 of 30 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1174 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Nope. Revolvers and crafted items are free though, and once I've gathered enough points to support my clan I switch to my hunting rifle build.

You don't always need a large firearm to survive properly

Skill, Coordination, and Experience will lead a team to victory.
Message 23 of 30 (206 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 27, 2013
Ya theres a following of people that swear by the revolver and the builds r viable if u play them properly. Than once you build up some parts u can always switch to a purchable weapon or whatever
Message 24 of 30 (200 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Personally I don't use Collector. It's really a selfish perk when compared to all the team-skills out there like First Aid, Reviver, Crafter, or even spotting. If your playing with a good team who don't just hog all the kills, then you should have more then enough points for whatever you need.

I usually go:

Revolver

No Secondary

Crafter 3

Hawk-Eye 3

Reviver 1

Shotgun

With that build and good team-play, I always have enough money to keep refilling those shotty shells.

The idea of starting off with Collector and then switching classes does sound like a good idea though. Gotta try that soon 

Message 25 of 30 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

If you're starving for parts:

Revolver

First Aid 2

Reviver 3

Collector 2

Run this for about half the game and then switch to whatever loadout you prefer. If you stick with the Revolver, you can get the upgrades and max ammo pretty quickly.

Message 26 of 30 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 27, 2013
For the record ive never starved for parts lol. Just came up a lil short on the last week of the last couple unlocks. Was more or less a poll to see if people found it effective. Ive done enough experimenting at this point to realize its not really effective for me personally...with the exception of a couple odd circumstances
Message 27 of 30 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 27, 2013
As a sidenote...ive found personally that anything past reviver1 is pretty much a waste of points. When u can use something in its place like crafter3. Most pub matches theres really only a small handful of chances to get revives before your teammate is executed or without getting yourself killed. With crafter on the other hand, theres always boxes to grab so its a pretty consistent source of parts...not to mention u r still helping out your team
Message 28 of 30 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Collector 2 doesn't work for me, not much difference whereas Crafter does. Sometimes I had Reviver 3 and I revived no one. **bleep** it sucks. Smiley Tongue

photo 6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/mrsjimmymare
Facebook - facebook.com/mrsjmare
Twitter - twitter.com/mrsjimmymare
Message 29 of 30 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Reviver 3 (and 2 for that matter) is really only useful for very rare pinch situations in Survivors when you absolutely positively have to revive someone in the middle of a firefight. I don't understand why people would spend the points on it when they have also have Healer 2/3. You are basically cannibalizing points on one skill (Healing the revived teammate) to feed another (Reviver bonus)

Reviver 1 though, is almost a must for Survivor unless you are a lone wolf type.

Message 30 of 30 (150 Views)