Jul 11, 2013

GuiltyBlaze wrote:

silenced semi-auto
covert training 2
first aid training 2
reviver 1

:catmad:

i would hate that class, lol

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 11, 2013

RaiXku wrote:

I might give Covert a try today. I remember using it in almost all my loadouts when the game launched, but then I discovered First Aid Training and Collector which are far more worth my time. Since I am always in some sort of party I guess I can tell my friends to stay away from me while I try it out. I also just gained new interest in the shiv. I have less than 10 shivs in over 100 games. I had less then 5 before yesterday. I want to change that. So maybe Covert might help me a little.

Shivving people who are performing Special Executions is usually quite easy. And shivving enemies who are engaged against a teammate in another direction is generally more viable than trying to shiv a guy using lone stealth. And the Obvious... Smoke Bombs :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

RaiXku wrote:

I might give Covert a try today. I remember using it in almost all my loadouts when the game launched, but then I discovered First Aid Training and Collector which are far more worth my time. Since I am always in some sort of party I guess I can tell my friends to stay away from me while I try it out. I also just gained new interest in the shiv. I have less than 10 shivs in over 100 games. I had less then 5 before yesterday. I want to change that. So maybe Covert might help me a little.

Shivving people who are performing Special Executions is usually quite easy. And shivving enemies who are engaged against a teammate in another direction is generally more viable than trying to shiv a guy using lone stealth. And the Obvious... Smoke Bombs :smileyhappy:

shivs are for noobs, i like smoking people with the miltary rifle while they charge me. i hate board and shiv rushers.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3599 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Its a great booster. My whole team uses it. We're not the best by any stretch, but we rarely get out flanked or surprised by other teams. They just don't know where we are. We can typically get very close and group attack because of this booster. When you move as a group, communicate and stay patient, Covert 2/3 is awesome. A must if you're going to crawl with us.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4306 posts

Jul 12, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
The problem is that it strips out a core component of the multiplayer (listen mode) and makes camping too viable. In addition knowing players are using it causes you to drastically alter how you play the match.

It's one of the few boosters that I believe would be best tweaked slightly.

Holy hell I disagree with this post. It's not just for camping and campers. It's great for flanking.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (272 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4306 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Zelisius wrote:
Which is why I fail with it lol. I'm always in the middle of the sh!tstorm with my friends. I do use it with a brawler setup which is alot of fun.

Ah teampiler I see.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8923 posts

Jul 12, 2013
Cool to see different opinions on this skill. I figured I'd get flamed for my accusation. Seen someone mention silenced semi auto. Why not use a bow and Shorty instead for those 4 pts?
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Jul 12, 2013

i love covert training, i love going around crouched whiel there trying to find me and shiving them hell i even jog behind them at times XD 

since I cant be heard i often use this as an advantage AND DO MAKE NOISE and lure them to a bomb 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15166 posts

Jul 12, 2013

scootgar wrote:
I've started letting people know I have it, and if they don't, to stay away from me.

Oddly enough, it can work to your advantage. Someone jumps out thinking there's only one guy there, only to get killed by 2 people. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (223 Views)
0 Likes