Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/28/2011
Offline
419 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013
I just think it needs tweaking cause the shiv every time you spawn is too much. I think would been better with a shiv at beginning of the match and that's it the rest you gotta make.
Message 31 of 44 (456 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/28/2011
Offline
419 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013
I think the rest of this perk is good especially the later levels because it makes it better to use mics instead just relying on marking.

But with the shiv thing as it is it's no longer is a stealth perk.
Message 32 of 44 (453 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/15/2011
Offline
124 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013

CrazyCanuck90 wrote:
Oddly enough, it can work to your advantage. Someone jumps out thinking there's only one guy there, only to get killed by 2 people. 

this. 

 

2 guys think they have the jump on one guy, turns out it's a 2v2 or even 2v3 b/c i'm rolling covert training.  

 

if people are using this for camping, they're doing it wrong.  I just like knowing that as long as I"m crouch walking, no one can know where i am unless they have a  confirmed visual.  the emergency shiv is nice, but i rarely use it.  you're down before i get that close  Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 44 (452 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 07/01/2013
Offline
45 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

Despur4do wrote:
shivs are for noobs, i like smoking people with the miltary rifle while they charge me. i hate board and shiv rushers.

I find it hilarious that there's always one who states something is 'for noobs' in a multiplayer game.  If you use a grenade launcher in COD you're a 'noob'.  

 

There are a whole variety of loadouts to choose in this game which allows for different playing styles.  I would hardly cause the shiv 'for noobs' when it's clear that's it not as easy to use as, for example, a one-hit melee weapon which surpise, suprise, you state is 'for noobs' as well.

Message 34 of 44 (431 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
5547 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013

ade0410 wrote:

Despur4do wrote:
shivs are for noobs, i like smoking people with the miltary rifle while they charge me. i hate board and shiv rushers.

I find it hilarious that there's always one who states something is 'for noobs' in a multiplayer game.  If you use a grenade launcher in COD you're a 'noob'.  

 

There are a whole variety of loadouts to choose in this game which allows for different playing styles.  I would hardly cause the shiv 'for noobs' when it's clear that's it not as easy to use as, for example, a one-hit melee weapon which surpise, suprise, you state is 'for noobs' as well.


He must be consistently getting killed by modded planks and shivs if he dislikes them so much. I guess he doesn't have any awareness of his immediate surroundings Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 44 (427 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/04/2011
Offline
225 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

It is an extremely good booster, I feel at least level 2 is a must have for competitive play.

 

Also, you need a shiv at all times and this booster gives you one and allows you to shift your focus to bombs and upgraded melee.

Message 36 of 44 (411 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

Holy hell I disagree with this post. It's not just for camping and campers. It's great for flanking.


Of course it can be used for flanking, and no doubt that is what it was intended to be used for. However it's unfortunately very effective when used to bunker down in one location.

 

Even when used for flanking it alters the core flow of gameplay too drastically in my opinion.

Message 37 of 44 (408 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/07/2013
Offline
119 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013

I used to use it a lot but hence IM lone wolf I can say it waste of 5 points , the enemy always know where I am and for the shivs u can craft them easy , I would switch it easy to crafter and first aid training and reviver which are the best skills in the game .

 

Anyway guys don't waste a precious 5 points on something broken id rather go spend it on crafter easy supplies guaranteed

http://s4.photobucket.com/user/leviosacho/media/6063e192-edce-4bf4-be38-1f5c5d2df1b7.jpg.html
Message 38 of 44 (405 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/03/2009
Offline
9 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013

Covert 2 is a game changer i don't know what you are talking about , even if other people don't have it and stand up. The fact that people would use listen mode even if they see someone on the map, goind into a fight expecting 2 or 1 people and instead facing 2 or 3 can change the flow of the fight dramatically. Not to mention i have equalized the playing field with my covert training 2  turning games that are usually a slaughter because i have a team made mostly of low level players vs a  decent level team into close games and sometimes even winning them by going 15+ downs/10+ excutions/ while keeping my deaths low. Since i usually run revolver + first aid training  3/ collectors  2/reviver 1, but i've noticed whats the point of being a healer when your team can't even hold their own or are not doing that well duing the skirmishes.

 

My perfered loadouts, i also have collectors 2 on w/ most of my loadouts if possible

convert 2 + slienced semi auto = deadly if used correctly regardless of the sitution

revolver + first aid 2 + revivier 1 + Explosive Expert 1 = can also be dealy by healing and picking up teammates thus denying kills and downs

 

TLOU is just made to play however you see fit and no conver training is not overrated Smiley Happy

The Last of Us MP all day!
Message 39 of 44 (401 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Online
14265 posts
 

Re: covert training overrated?

Jul 12, 2013

Beattie_theBeast wrote:
I think the rest of this perk is good especially the later levels because it makes it better to use mics instead just relying on marking.

But with the shiv thing as it is it's no longer is a stealth perk.

Which is why it's actually a pointless booster.. You will just be called out anyway.



Message 40 of 44 (397 Views)
Reply
0 Likes