Jun 20 2013
By: ReiLongbow Lombax Warrior 250 posts

melees are over powerd

76 replies 559 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt

Message 1 of 77 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

Re: melees are over powerd

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I have no trouble putting down people rushing to melee. Almost all the guns kill in a few shots.

If they have armor or an upgraded melee weapon then either run or accept they earned that advantage.

Message 2 of 77 (557 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt

1. This isn't uncharted.

2. If they can't aim.. they do what works.

3. One hit to my head by a 2x4 with scissors will kill IRL too.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

5. It's legit Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 77 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I have no trouble putting down people rushing to melee. Almost all the guns kill in a few shots.

If they have armor or an upgraded melee weapon then either run or accept they earned that advantage.

The weapons do not have stopping power do they?

Message 4 of 77 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

1. This isn't uncharted.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

Melee'rs are unskilled zombies.

Message 5 of 77 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

1. This isn't uncharted.

Skilled enough to kill you apparently.

Message 6 of 77 (537 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

1. This isn't uncharted.

Running towards someone with a bat should not work when you have a rifle or gun, its called STOPPING POWER, even triple was saying the same thing on his videos when u3 came out about how melee rushes are lame and stopping power should be implimented more

Message 7 of 77 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
638 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

1. This isn't uncharted.

Running towards someone with a bat should not work when you have a rifle or gun, its called STOPPING POWER, even triple was saying the same thing on his videos when u3 came out about how melee rushes are lame and stopping power should be implimented more

is this uncharted?

Message 8 of 77 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 20, 2013

I'm fully aware of what stopping power is. Being a armorer in the military for a period of time... I have somewhat of an understanding fo the concept. The only weapon in the game thus far that should have any stopping power to stop a runner is the shottie. At the ranges that most of the conflicts take place the rounds would just pass right through.  Cancelling stopping power.

Message 9 of 77 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3247 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

The thing is, if someone is trying to rush you can usually see them coming from a distance due to sprint showing players on radar.

The game is slow enough as is, stopping power would likely hurt the overall flow more than help. I haven't found any strategies un-beatable so far with the proper counter strategy.

Message 10 of 77 (515 Views)