Reply
Jun 20 2013
By: ReiLongbow Lombax Warrior 250 posts
Offline

melees are over powerd

76 replies 558 views Edited Jun 20, 2013

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt

Message 1 of 77 (558 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

I have no trouble putting down people rushing to melee. Almost all the guns kill in a few shots.

If they have armor or an upgraded melee weapon then either run or accept they earned that advantage.

Message 2 of 77 (556 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt


1. This isn't uncharted.

2. If they can't aim.. they do what works.

3. One hit to my head by a 2x4 with scissors will kill IRL too.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

5. It's legit Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 77 (546 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/30/2013
Offline
250 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I have no trouble putting down people rushing to melee. Almost all the guns kill in a few shots.

If they have armor or an upgraded melee weapon then either run or accept they earned that advantage.


The weapons do not have stopping power do they?

Message 4 of 77 (545 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/30/2013
Offline
250 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt


1. This isn't uncharted.

2. If they can't aim.. they do what works.

3. One hit to my head by a 2x4 with scissors will kill IRL too.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

5. It's legit Smiley Wink


Melee'rs are unskilled zombies.

Message 5 of 77 (541 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt


1. This isn't uncharted.

2. If they can't aim.. they do what works.

3. One hit to my head by a 2x4 with scissors will kill IRL too.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

5. It's legit Smiley Wink


Melee'rs are unskilled zombies.


Skilled enough to kill you apparently.

Message 6 of 77 (536 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 04/30/2013
Offline
250 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt


1. This isn't uncharted.

2. If they can't aim.. they do what works.

3. One hit to my head by a 2x4 with scissors will kill IRL too.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

5. It's legit Smiley Wink


Melee'rs are unskilled zombies.


Skilled enough to kill you apparently.


Running towards someone with a bat should not work when you have a rifle or gun, its called STOPPING POWER, even triple was saying the same thing on his videos when u3 came out about how melee rushes are lame and stopping power should be implimented more

Message 7 of 77 (526 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/07/2011
Offline
638 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

talking about op is someone running at you and melee you and instakill.. why do these guns not have stopping power like uncharted?? melee rushers are people who cant aimt


1. This isn't uncharted.

2. If they can't aim.. they do what works.

3. One hit to my head by a 2x4 with scissors will kill IRL too.

4. Someone charging at you with intent to kill will not be stopped by a couple bulletts.

5. It's legit Smiley Wink


Melee'rs are unskilled zombies.


Skilled enough to kill you apparently.


Running towards someone with a bat should not work when you have a rifle or gun, its called STOPPING POWER, even triple was saying the same thing on his videos when u3 came out about how melee rushes are lame and stopping power should be implimented more


is this uncharted?

Message 8 of 77 (520 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 10/02/2011
Offline
7546 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

I'm fully aware of what stopping power is. Being a armorer in the military for a period of time... I have somewhat of an understanding fo the concept. The only weapon in the game thus far that should have any stopping power to stop a runner is the shottie. At the ranges that most of the conflicts take place the rounds would just pass right through.  Cancelling stopping power.

Message 9 of 77 (517 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/30/2010
Offline
3247 posts
 

Re: melees are over powerd

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2013

The thing is, if someone is trying to rush you can usually see them coming from a distance due to sprint showing players on radar.

The game is slow enough as is, stopping power would likely hurt the overall flow more than help. I haven't found any strategies un-beatable so far with the proper counter strategy.

Message 10 of 77 (514 Views)