Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

The thing is, if someone is trying to rush you can usually see them coming from a distance due to sprint showing players on radar.

The game is slow enough as is, stopping power would likely hurt the overall flow more than help. I haven't found any strategies un-beatable so far with the proper counter strategy.

Stopping power is a reward for good aim, and how are you suppose to counter a melee rushers in close quartes combat??

Message 11 of 77 (247 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Jun 20, 2013
You can't always effectively counter something. Melee is only close quarters, you're be at a disadvantage there. Same way you're going to be at a disadvantage at long-range versus a sniper.

If you're dying a lot to melee, use listen-mode more and stay in more open areas of maps.
Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 12 of 77 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Stopping power is actually a crutch for bad aim.  You speak like you have good aim, if you do a simple head shot it should be easy enough for you to down someone rushing at you and finish them off.

Message 13 of 77 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
553 posts

Jun 20, 2013

There is stopping power in this game. Backing up while shooting is a viable strategy to counter rushing melee opponents.

Message 14 of 77 (232 Views)
Survivor
2068 posts

Jun 20, 2013

Machete is actually underpowered, a 2x4 with scissors in it is instant kill but a Machete isn't? Come on ND.

Even when I upgraded it, it still took two hits, only good thing about it is the cool execution.

Message 15 of 77 (229 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Jun 20, 2013

armyluke wrote:

Machete is actually underpowered, a 2x4 with scissors in it is instant kill but a Machete isn't? Come on ND.

Even when I upgraded it, it still took two hits, only good thing about it is the cool execution.

army! ^ Watch out for this guy he's beast! For real. Not to be trifled with.

Message 16 of 77 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6008 posts

Jun 20, 2013

regular melee takes 4 hits to down. and the person pauses after every 2nd punch.

melee with the stick, takes 2 hits to down, but has limited amount of uses.

just about any gun designed for close range, even the long range ones if you're lucky, can easily take down a meleer in your sights while he's punching you.

photo Sniper.png
Message 17 of 77 (220 Views)
First Son
17 posts

Jun 20, 2013

It sounds like you are upset that your gun isn't all powerful in every situtation possible. Every weapon has it's plus and minus and that includes melee of any kind. You obviously just need to adjust your play in close quarters because yours isn't working

Message 18 of 77 (214 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 20, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:
You can't always effectively counter something. Melee is only close quarters, you're be at a disadvantage there. Same way you're going to be at a disadvantage at long-range versus a sniper.

If you're dying a lot to melee, use listen-mode more and stay in more open areas of maps.

All i use is hunter rifle and bows, i am a long-range, sounds like i need to make some planted bombs.

Message 19 of 77 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jun 20, 2013

GOW71 wrote:

Stopping power is actually a crutch for bad aim.  You speak like you have good aim, if you do a simple head shot it should be easy enough for you to down someone rushing at you and finish them off.

stopping power a crutch? no it balances out melee spammers, look at u3 how unbalanced the melee steel fisters were because lack of stopping power.

Message 20 of 77 (204 Views)