Message 21 of 77 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Re: melees are over powerd

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Stopping power is actually a crutch for bad aim.  You speak like you have good aim, if you do a simple head shot it should be easy enough for you to down someone rushing at you and finish them off.

stopping power a crutch? no it balances out melee spammers, look at u3 how unbalanced the melee steel fisters were because lack of stopping power.

Again.. this isn't uncharted. And yes stopping power is a crutch to make up for lack of accuracy. Which supposedly you are good at right?

Message 22 of 77 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jun 20, 2013

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

Stopping power is actually a crutch for bad aim.  You speak like you have good aim, if you do a simple head shot it should be easy enough for you to down someone rushing at you and finish them off.

stopping power a crutch? no it balances out melee spammers, look at u3 how unbalanced the melee steel fisters were because lack of stopping power.

There is stopping power in TLOU. When you shoot someone, they fall backwards a step from the impact. It lasts about half a second.

Message 23 of 77 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Jun 20, 2013

calcunnon wrote:

ReiLongbow wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

There is stopping power in TLOU. When you shoot someone, they fall backwards a step from the impact. It lasts about half a second.

Oh yeah there's that ^^ too. The fact that people DO actuall stagger in game when they get shot.

Message 24 of 77 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Jun 20, 2013

armyluke wrote:

Machete is actually underpowered, a 2x4 with scissors in it is instant kill but a Machete isn't? Come on ND.

Even when I upgraded it, it still took two hits, only good thing about it is the cool execution.

The Machete has a faster "two hit" animation than the two by four, and is significantly faster than the bare-handed melee. That is a very significant advantage in CQC, and if you use the Brawler skill, you can basically down two people AND recover health. Like any other weapon, it has its strengths and weaknesses, and it's better in some situations and not so good in others.

We went back and forth a lot with this weapon, but every time we attempted to make it a one-hit weapon, it instantly because overpowered in play tests and focus tests. So there you have it.

-EvangM

Message 25 of 77 (231 Views)
Survivor
2068 posts

Jun 20, 2013

EvangM wrote:

armyluke wrote:

Machete is actually underpowered, a 2x4 with scissors in it is instant kill but a Machete isn't? Come on ND.

Even when I upgraded it, it still took two hits, only good thing about it is the cool execution.

The Machete has a faster "two hit" animation than the two by four, and is significantly faster than the bare-handed melee. That is a very significant advantage in CQC, and if you use the Brawler skill, you can basically down two people AND recover health. Like any other weapon, it has its strengths and weaknesses, and it's better in some situations and not so good in others.

We went back and forth a lot with this weapon, but every time we attempted to make it a one-hit weapon, it instantly because overpowered in play tests and focus tests. So there you have it.

-EvangM

Ah, I see, hardly noticed the quicker attack speed.

Thanks for the reply.

Message 26 of 77 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jun 20, 2013
Just leave it alone. The game plays awesome and we don't need these changes.
Message 27 of 77 (224 Views)
Splicer
65 posts

Jun 20, 2013

i dont mind the melee but sometimes i start meleeing people 1st and they just turn around a hammer me down with there fist. idk how they do it. thats why idont rely on melee much, usually when somone is going to melee me i shoot them with my shorty. if you have fast reflexes. 

2.0+ K/D and 2.0 - 5.0+ W/L on any COD , BF3, Resistance 3, and The last of us
Message 28 of 77 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2068 posts

Jun 20, 2013

SuicideDrug wrote:

i dont mind the melee but sometimes i start meleeing people 1st and they just turn around a hammer me down with there fist. idk how they do it. thats why idont rely on melee much, usually when somone is going to melee me i shoot them with my shorty. if you have fast reflexes. 

Probably have brawler, and/or are wearing armour.

Message 29 of 77 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

If you kill me you're overpowered.

Jun 20, 2013

If you kill me you're overpowered.

Message 30 of 77 (200 Views)
0 Likes