Wastelander
728 posts

Re: molotov spam

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2013
Lol @ The girl pointing out typos. Care to give me any more lessons on how to communicate with people?
Message 11 of 27 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
10720 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Arzharkhel wrote:
Lol @ The girl pointing out typos. Care to give me any more lessons on how to communicate with people?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 12 of 27 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
728 posts

Nov 7, 2013
Correction: Amused.

Try harder next time.
Message 13 of 27 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Naughty Paw
10720 posts

Nov 7, 2013

Arzharkhel wrote:
Correction: Amused.

Try harder next time.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 14 of 27 (188 Views)
Gaming Beast
1872 posts

Nov 7, 2013

^ I want that shiny drink holder.

Message 15 of 27 (173 Views)
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Nov 8, 2013

I posted this in another thread but here is my idea for balancing the molotov:

make it so that you have to light it before you throw it, but that lighting it means that you cannot put it away again, or if you do it disapears. And make it so that lighting it takes a second or so. It would add some risk reward and encourage people to use it more strategically rather than whip it out whenever they have one to get a free kill.

I think that'd be quite fair. It wouldn't effect people using it on stationary targets it'd just stop it beating almost every other weapon in the game . Bombs are fair, you have fair warning when they are thrown and time to escape unless you are positioned badly or the other person has great aim. When you get downed by a bomb it's almost ALWAYS fair.

I hope they manage to balance molotovs so that they don't just feel ridiculously cheap when you get killed by one. When I'm stationary and get caught off guard I don't have a problem with them. but when someone runs upto me I shoot them with my shorty and it doesn't matter because they can just blind throw a molotov in my face. Where's the strategy or thought in that? There's very low risk and high reward to using the molotov. that's it's problem.

Message 16 of 27 (123 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

I think the whole supply system (aka welfare system) needs to be re-worked. If your winning, you get way too few items, and if your loosing you get wait too many. There needs to be a better balance then what were currently seeing.

Crafter 3 is a game-changer, especially if a whole team of people are using it. The amount of free bombs/molotovs that can be given out this way is ridiculous. I've done it more then a few times and my whole team was pretty much running around with 2-3 molotovs/nail-bombs the whole game. It was pretty ridiculous.

I think the chance of gifting a molotov should go way down. Instead of a 25% chance between gifting a molotov, health-kit, or a smoke/nail bomb, the chance for a molotov should go down to something like 10%. In its place should be the option to randomly gift people parts or ammo.

There are just way too many health-kits lying around on any given map. For all other craftable items, you have to make a choice between two different items. As things stand, people just use all the alcohol/rags they collect and use them to create molotovs. There is no point in making a health kit when all you have to do is go 20 feet in any direction and find one lying around. If the amount of free medkits lying around was even slightly nerfed (maybe make them take a little while longer to respawn), then people would legitimately have to make a choice between the two. As-is, you are just inclined to make as many molotovs as possible without giving a second thought to it.

Message 17 of 27 (113 Views)
Fender Bender
3975 posts

Nov 8, 2013

cdub420-- wrote:

Crafter 3 is a game-changer

+Brawler 2

+EE 2

= No gun kills needed.

Message 18 of 27 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2013

Healthkit balance is fine for survivors I think. But in the other two modes it's really really easy to stockpile them.

The thing is though, bombs are easily escapable if you know they are coming. They may take off your armour or damage you but you will live. Molotovs are broken by design because they have no downside. They're not particularly hard to aim, nor are they slow or require any kind of start up. that's why people hate the SAR because it does everything exceptionally. It's only downside is low ammo. but that hardly makes a difference if you are even halfway compitent with it.

Even if they made the molotov throwing animation a lot slower so you had a chance at shooting it out of somone's hand that'd give it some risk in relation to how powerful it is. As it is now the only risk to using it is people being a bell end and killing themselves at point blank range.

I mean I hate the nail board, but at least you can stop it with rapid fire. Not only can the molotov be used from a multitude of ranges, it can't be stopped and it executes you outright unless you have armour. Hey wait.

I just had a eurica moment. Why not just give the molotov nail board level start up time and make it be able to be stopped with stopping power?

Message 19 of 27 (104 Views)
I Only Post Everything
866 posts

Nov 8, 2013

monkeybutler100 wrote:

cdub420-- wrote:

Crafter 3 is a game-changer

+Brawler 2

+EE 2

= No gun kills needed.

Lol no argument there. There definately has been a steep decline in the number of gunfights you see in any given round since this game launched. More people then ever seem to be inclined to walk around/camp and throw as many projectiles as possible to get kills. Guns have really become a second option

Message 20 of 27 (98 Views)
0 Likes