Jul 26 2013
By: jones_81381 First Son 12 posts

multiplayer sucks

33 replies 911 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

Brand spanking new player, get put into a game with a bunch of veteran players, I can't even manage to get near anyone before the kill me, and then I'm forced to sit on my hands and watch the other people play? Screw that.

Message 1 of 34 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: multiplayer sucks

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

That's pretty much the experience you'll get jumping into any multiplayer a tad late. 

Try to party up with some friends if you can. 

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 2 of 34 (905 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I am new too and I felt same way but then play where it says no parties and found new people and atleast got some kills
Message 3 of 34 (898 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Yeah, friends are essential. If you don't have any who play the game then check out this thread. Or else just stick to no part playlist.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/The-TLoU-Multiplayer-buddies-list/...

Message 4 of 34 (893 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Parties destroy randoms put together.

Some friends and I, a party of four, went 20(us) and 0(other team) on Highschool.

It was so enjoyable.

We revived, covered, flanked, hid, etc. 

Best.

Game.

Ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 5 of 34 (874 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

That's pretty much the experience you'll get jumping into any multiplayer a tad late. 

That's not the experience I had getting into U2 late. It's not the experience I had getting into Killzone 2 late. Or TFC. Or MW2 (though I still hated it). Or Halo 4. Or on and on and on....

Message 6 of 34 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jul 26, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

Nate3963 wrote:

That's not the experience I had getting into U2 late. It's not the experience I had getting into Killzone 2 late. Or TFC. Or MW2 (though I still hated it). Or Halo 4. Or on and on and on....

1. You are just sent from heaven and is destined to be great(haha prob not)

Or 2. You got with sucky people, played with sucky people enough and got good and then got better thab them.(most likely). 

Mind you, this game is teamwork, not solo like those games.

Do people use teamwork in MW2, or UF2, or Killzone 2(don't know, am seriously wondering on this one),  or whatever "TFC" is? 

Typically games that are revolved around teamwork are designed to where you can't do very well when you're just on you're own.(hence why you die awfully easy in this game)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 7 of 34 (862 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Jul 26, 2013

It doesn't suck, it just takes time getting used to.  It sounds like you played survivor.  Don't play that starting out, because you only have one life.  Play supply raid instead.  You have more lives and you respawn.

This game isn't like COD, or other shooters where you can go off on your own and do well.  You need to move slowly and work with your teammates.  If you try to run off on your own the other team will see you, and you'll die. 

Message 8 of 34 (861 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5076 posts

Jul 26, 2013
That doesn't mean the mp sucks.

Message 9 of 34 (844 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Just because you did bad doesnt mean the MP is bad... Are you kidding me with this?

Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Message 10 of 34 (819 Views)
0 Likes