Mar 31 2014
By: AKyemeni PlayStation MVP 7629 posts
Accepted Solution

"FACTIONS" (A solution)

32 replies 554 views Edited Mar 31, 2014

According to ND, the multiplayer of the The Last of Us has about 5,000-10,000 daily players (LINK). We all  (most) feel that the game deserves more players. But, it seems that not alot of people know about the multiplayer's existence. In fact, I know several people personally that have the game and STILL haven't a clue that the game has multiplayer. I think the major contributor to the lack of awareness is one thing:

The Main Menu

Yes.

The main menu. Imagine someone  who doesn't follow any sort of gaming news or the industry booting this game up for the first time. New Game, Options, Load Game, you know, standard game stuff.

"Factions? Huh? Must be some boring backstory BS. I want to play the game!"

Sure, they can read the description, but how many people actually read that thing? Sadly, I don't think many. 

Solution: Change the title of "Factions" to "Multiplayer". Maybe even go further and have it in three seperate sides of the menu, with perhaps even bigger font, like in Uncharted 3:

This all seems so trivial. But, I truly believe this needs to change. It might be too late for it to have any meaningful change, but if The Last of Us for the Playstation 4 actually exists and will have multiplayer, then this needs to happen.  

Spoiler
And don't give me any of that "technical diffictulties" BS neither.

TL;DR 

Change the word "factions" in the main menu to "multiplayer" to help increase awareness of the multiplayer and to help the player pool grow.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (554 Views)
Fender Bender
4092 posts

Re: "FACTIONS" (A solution)

Mar 31, 2014
It's too late for this game. Might be good for the PS4 version (if there's an MP) but I doubt it'll make much of a dent. From a marketing standpoint it's past it's prime.

Good idea if they make TLOU2.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
5400 posts

Mar 31, 2014

If people are dumb enough to overall ignore an option on the main menu for this long, I wouldn't want them on my team to be honest lol.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (541 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Mar 31, 2014
Nope, this will never happen due to technical difficulties.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (520 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1315 posts

Mar 31, 2014
I'm not gonna lie, even I was confused when I seen factions for the 1st time instead of MP. But I figured it was the MP though, but I was a little disappointed I couldn't play a Joel. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (515 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 31, 2014

This won't happen.  I already stated this back in this thread back in October.  

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/An-additional-game-option-I-think-...

Fell on deaf ears.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (481 Views)
Fender Bender
2119 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2014

"Multiplayer" requires 11 bytes of RAM instead of 8 bytes ("Factions").

Sorry, technical difficulties lack of RAM! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (478 Views)
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Mar 31, 2014
I KNEW the game had MP and still didn't realize that 'Factions' was it. My friends told me what it was. I thought it was buried in the SP somewhere (kind of like GTA4)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (447 Views)
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2014

So the guy select factions wondering what could it be. Then he sees his system trying to connect. What he thinks? "**bleep** This must be some kind of expensive dlc. Cancel it! Cancel it now!"

Mod Edit: Profanity- SpicyGoose19

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
188 posts

Mar 31, 2014
Plus the fact that must gamers have bought the game at release time. Remember back there was announced the game wouldn't have a multiplayer.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (431 Views)
0 Likes