Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: [INFO] The Order : 1886

Feb 7, 2014
I really love old games. Shame it isnt 60fps.. Oh well...
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 200 (2,187 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6024 posts

Feb 7, 2014

PaperCarrier wrote:

Why do they make a game displayed in letterbox format and call it 'full 1080p'? There's nothing more annoying than a game that can't even copletely fill the screen of my nice big 1080p HDTV.  'Beyond: Two Souls' on PS3 is an example of this. What's with 30 fps. when PS4 can do 60 fps? 

Because it's the developers choice to do so, they wanted a cinematic experience. They explain quite well above why they choose to do this and have it at 30fps. Please do not hijack this thread for your own personal gaming preference, I and many others understand fully why they went this route and it makes sense. 

Message 12 of 200 (2,177 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Feb 7, 2014

da1writer wrote:

PaperCarrier wrote:

Why do they make a game displayed in letterbox format and call it 'full 1080p'? There's nothing more annoying than a game that can't even copletely fill the screen of my nice big 1080p HDTV.  'Beyond: Two Souls' on PS3 is an example of this. What's with 30 fps. when PS4 can do 60 fps? 

Because it's the developers choice to do so, they wanted a cinematic experience. They explain quite well above why they choose to do this and have it at 30fps. Please do not hijack this thread for your own personal gaming preference, I and many others understand fully why they went this route and it makes sense. 

Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate in this space. There will always be room to trade different  thoughts on games, and INFO threads don't neccessarily mean everyone is onboard the hype train. Let's make sure we tolerate different perspectives in this space =) 

Anyway, no need to let the thread get dereailed; awesome thread though @da1writer 

Message 13 of 200 (2,166 Views)
MVP Support
6024 posts

Feb 7, 2014

mochuuu wrote:

da1writer wrote:

PaperCarrier wrote:

Nothing wrong with a little friendly debate in this space. There will always be room to trade different  thoughts on games, and INFO threads don't neccessarily mean everyone is onboard the hype train. Let's make sure we tolerate different perspectives in this space =) 

Anyway, no need to let the thread get dereailed; awesome thread though @da1writer 

I only mentioned it because there kinda is another thread going down that same road (redundancy). Apologies, debates are good, I agree, so I also hope anyone and everyone feels alright talking about anything with regards to The Order : 1886. Look very forward to the game personally.

Message 14 of 200 (2,152 Views)
Gaming Beast
1624 posts

Feb 7, 2014

I was really let down at first. I ordered a copy of this game with my PS4 because at first they said it was going to be available with the launch of the console. When I found out it wasn't, I removed my order. Now, I am eagerly awaiting this game after all I have been reading on it. I personally think that it's a good idea to have this game in letterbox format. It should give it a cinematic feel while playing. Also I'm glad it's single player with no MP or Co-op. By not worrying about  mp or co-op, they can dedicate all resources to making this a great looking and playing game! Once again can't wait, but if I have to wait for a good quality game, I will.

Message 15 of 200 (2,148 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9935 posts

Feb 8, 2014
One thing that's really intrigued me about this game is the attention to detail. I remember RAD saying they went to England and took pictures of bricks, door knobs, walls, and little things like that.

I really want to see how that stuff looks in the game.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 16 of 200 (2,129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4466 posts

iaRe: [INFO] The Order : 1886

Feb 8, 2014

Can't wait for this game. Hopefully we'll see some gameplay later this month! =)

Message 17 of 200 (2,114 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9567 posts

Re: iaRe: [INFO] The Order : 1886

Feb 13, 2014

One of my most anticipated games. Can't wait 'till it gets here!

Message 18 of 200 (2,070 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I watched this game being announced at E3, and it was the only game that had me more excited than Destiny. I'm very excited to play it.

The Legend of Dragoon was released by SCEJ in June of 2000. Sony released the game for the PS1 although the PS2 had been announced in the US and had been released in Japan. As a result, the game received little attention. SCEJ dropped production of the sequel for unknown reasons, but some speculate it was because of the low sales of the original. Over the years the game has rendered a cult-like following and hundreds of petitions have been created to either remaster the game or develop a sequel. Santa Montica Studios dropped production of the main character, Dart, who was to be offered in a Playstation All-Stars DLC pack - due to low sales of previous DLC released for the game. This franchise is still marketable. After all, it did make the Top 5 Best Selling PSOne Classics list 9 times following its PSN release. [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] If you haven't played the game I urge you to buy the digial copy on the playstation store. It's only $5.99. If you like it, urge SCE to do something with the franchise in the life of the PS4.

Message 19 of 200 (2,062 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I know its not much but i just found this small clips of gameplay 

http://www.stfuandplay.com/story/content/the-order-1886-leaked-footage#.UvxEVfl_uSo

Message 20 of 200 (2,047 Views)
0 Likes